[1.7.10][HQM] Tame the World - Magic and Tech, Exploration, and Pain

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
About the garlic seeds: Okay, I get that. But how do I complete the "Seedy Business" Quest (you have a typo there in your quest book btw ;)) then? Because this one calls for garlic seeds specifically and I can't get those.
Ope! So it does, I will fix that, I was just grabbing random seeds for the quest. It Figures I would grab one of the few you can't actually get. That should be fixed in the upcoming version. And I 100% garuntee it's not the only typo :p I need a copy editor at some point.

Last edited:
L

leSchaf

Ah okay ^^. I actually liked the selection of seeds. I'm not sure if that was intended, but you ended up needing more or less one from every type of garden (Garlic = Herb Garden, Seaweed = Water Garden etc.).

edit: Another problem I have noticed is that I can't plant seaweed. When the seeds are planted on regular farmland, they pop out of the ground when the plant is supposed to mature. I also tried planting the mature seaweed plant on a water source block, on dirt and sand covered by one block of water as well as on dirt under one block of water that is surrounded by farmland/crops.

Last edited:

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Ah okay ^^. I actually liked the selection of seeds. I'm not sure if that was intended, but you ended up needing more or less one from every type of garden (Garlic = Herb Garden, Seaweed = Water Garden etc.).

edit: Another problem I have noticed is that I can't plant seaweed. When the seeds are planted on regular farmland, they pop out of the ground when the plant is supposed to mature. I also tried planting the mature seaweed plant on a water source block, on dirt and sand covered by one block of water as well as on dirt under one block of water that is surrounded by farmland/crops.
Yes I'v enoticed that as well. it seems at least that you can plant sea weed so long as nothing is surrounding it. The folks over at Harvestcraft say it's supposed to be planted on water, but I have not for the life of me been able to get that to work.

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Tame the World 0.1.10 Now Available

Changelog:
Version 0.1.10
Mods Added
- Aroma Backup
- YAMPST
- UpdateCheckerMod
- Immersive Integration
- Version Checker
Mods Updated
- Updated Chisel (Was 2.9.3.9 now 2.9.4.10)
- Updated Forbidden Magic (Was 0.57 now 0.572)
- Updated Journey Map (Was 5.1.1 now 5.1.3)
- Updated Malis Doors (Was 1.12 now 1.13)
- Updated Malis Core (Was 0.12 Now 0.14)
- Updated ModTweaker (Was 0.9.4 now 0.9.5)
- Updated NEI Integration (Was 1.0.13 now 1.1.1 )
- Updated Pam's Harvestcraft (Was 1.7.10k now 1.7.10Lb)
- Updated Storage Drawers (Was 1.6.3 now 1.7.5)
- Updated Botania (Was .242 now .247)
- Updated HQM (Was 4.4.2 now 4.4.4)
- Updated Ruins (No Version Number given)
- Updated Rotarycraft (Was 9b now 10d)
- updated DragonAPI (Was 9b now 10d)
- Updated Immersive Integration (Was .65 now .66)
- Updated Immersive Engineering ( Was .64 now .6.5.1)
Config Changes
- Cleaned up the Config folder a bit
- Decreased spawn cap of Raiko by 1 (Was 3 now 2)
- Turned Waila Back on by default
- Exported HQM Quest to JSON
- Reduced Item Damage on Death (was 32 Now 10)
- Reduced Growth Time on Sugar cane and Saplings
- Added Wool of Bat to Several Bat Mob Drop List
- Added Creeper Heart to Several Creeper Mob Drop List
- Added Spectral Dust to Several Undead Mob Drop List
- Added Witch Hand to several Witch Drop List
- Added Tongue of Dog to Several Dog Drop List
Scripts
- Created railIECook.zs to hide Railcraft's Coke Oven and Blast Furnace Blocks
- created wormWood.zs to fix the fact that you can't make wormwood seeds normally
- Added a shapeless recipie for Seaweed / Cranberries seeds (Temp)
Quest
- Adding 2 New Chapers Witchery and Railcraft with over 70+ New Quest
- Chapter 2 - Library Card - Changed Bookshelf Requirements
- Immersed in Engineering - Grit your Teeth - Changed Flavor text for "Butter is required" Quest
- Reorganized Quest in Chapter 1 ( Cutting Edge Technology > A Crooked Salesmen > Bedding with the Enemy)
- Moved Quest "Weathered Down" In Chapter 2 to Chapter 1 after Diamonds are Forever
- Chapter 2: Botanical Thoughts - Updated to a detection quest with the most recent version of Botania
- Chapter 1: Hard as Glass > Almost Hit Bedrock. Reduced Obsidian from 15 - 10
- Chapter 2: You're a Wizard Harry > Nuggets - Changed Nuggets to Thaumcraft Nuggets, and made detection ore dictionary
- Add potions to reward bags
- Moved Quest around Chapter 1: Diamonds are Forever now leads to Chapter 2 Panning for Gold, which unlocks all but the enchanting quest
- Chapter 1: Bedding with the Enemy - Added a reward!
- Chapter 2: Added New quest
- Chapter 2: Set some reverse triggers up so that the entire chapter is not revealed all at once.
- Agriculture - Seeds of Beginning - Now a Detection Quest not crafting
- Agriculture - Hopped Up - Quest 2 - Set to be Detection not Crafting
- Chapter 1: Added Quest - Travel By Sea
- Updated Agriculture - Seedy Buisness to now use Barley seeds instead of garlic seeds
Other
- Cleaning up Github

K

Khenny

Hi, Great mod! having heaps of fun but wanted to let you know the hops quest that needs rope is still buggy, i cant get the quest book to detect rope created from leads or spawned in.
Thanks for a very enjoyable pack. :)

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, Great mod! having heaps of fun but wanted to let you know the hops quest that needs rope is still buggy, i cant get the quest book to detect rope created from leads or spawned in.
Thanks for a very enjoyable pack. :)
Fantastic to hear you're enjoying it! Always good news.

I'll have to take a closer look at that quest. I can get it completed on my Test World without any problems... So I'm not sure what's happening when I ship that pack that changes things. I'll take another swing at it for 0.1.11 or just change it up entirely.

K

Khenny

Fantastic to hear you're enjoying it! Always good news.

I'll have to take a closer look at that quest. I can get it completed on my Test World without any problems... So I'm not sure what's happening when I ship that pack that changes things. I'll take another swing at it for 0.1.11 or just change it up entirely.[/QUOTE
Thanks for quick reply :) I forgot to mention I am playing Lan with a friend, but the game is hosted on my puter and we are sharing quests, would that be an issue perhaps?

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
IS that when playing fullscreen by chance?

Indeed, I always click the enlarge button at the top of the screen when I start up minecraft. I don't select the "full screen" option in video settings though, for some reason that makes things go wonky with a lot of packs. Am I to gather that I have to keep the window small while playing this pack?

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, I always click the enlarge button at the top of the screen when I start up minecraft. I don't select the "full screen" option in video settings though, for some reason that makes things go wonky with a lot of packs. Am I to gather that I have to keep the window small while playing this pack?
Oh no not at all, I just know that was something that people mentioned might be a cause. Folks I've been talking to have reported that updating to 0.1.10 may fix the issue

Thanks for quick reply :) I forgot to mention I am playing Lan with a friend, but the game is hosted on my puter and we are sharing quests, would that be an issue perhaps?
It's possible... but not likely. When I get a chance this Sunday I'll take a look at the quest in HQM and all the growthcraft quest to see what's causing it.

Reactions: Shiphty

Aivor

Jul 29, 2019
Good day.
Got problem with HQM quest "You are wizard, harry". I need to create iron capped wand, but HQM didnt "see" it. created around 4 already with different sticks as core.

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Good day.
Got problem with HQM quest "You are wizard, harry". I need to create iron capped wand, but HQM didnt "see" it. created around 4 already with different sticks as core.

I'll take a look at the quest, I know there were some issues with the Iron Nuggets earlier, but I thought I got those resolved.

Hello there, I might want to start this modpack and record a LP series.

Would absolutely love to see a Let's Play one of the best ways for me to find and see bugs too.

Reactions: Ogreboy

Ogreboy

Jul 29, 2019
I'll take a look at the quest, I know there were some issues with the Iron Nuggets earlier, but I thought I got those resolved.

Would absolutely love to see a Let's Play one of the best ways for me to find and see bugs too.
I just played it for an hour and died twice. World is too harsh. I will have to get used to it. Expect my 1st episode tomorrow

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

K

Khenny

Hi, just to let you know the hops rope quest is working now :) I downloaded the update and started a new world and its all good. So much to do in this pack its great. Thanks for all your hard work!

Aivor

Jul 29, 2019
Well, HQM accepted caps. Problem is - it didnt accept wand (3rd stage of quest)

Aivor

Jul 29, 2019
hm, honestly i found world rather friendly. Many dungeons with chests overfilled with food make start quite easy.

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, just to let you know the hops rope quest is working now :) I downloaded the update and started a new world and its all good. So much to do in this pack its great. Thanks for all your hard work!

Fantastic to hear getting bugs knocked out is definitely my number one priority (or at least the ones I can tackle) So I'm glad to hear that it's working now

Well, HQM accepted caps. Problem is - it didnt accept wand (3rd stage of quest)

Ah ok, I've found it, this should be corrected in the upcoming 0.1.11 Version

Hey guys this is my first episode. Hope you will give me some suggestions of what should I do and I hope that you will find some of my hints and tips very useful! Enjoy

Series forum thread: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...d-magic-and-tech-exploration-and-pain.140009/

Great First Episode! Was really fun to see the game played from a different perspective.

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Sneak Peak At Some new developments:

ObGCPBd.png

Last edited: