1.7.10 HQM/Survival - hypovolemia - something bloody [Open Alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melaqua

Jul 29, 2019
Brine is possible, once you get salt through alchemy method using substrate. The machines necessary are not searchable in nei, but you can search for the tank then right click it to see what recipes its used in to get the recipes in game. Or look them up online.

crusher - to make saplings into bio-fuel
electrolytic seperator - to get hydrogen for making substrate
pressurized reaction chamber - bio fuel into substrate
alchemy chemistry set - substrate into salt blocks
enrichment chamber - salt blocks to salt
chemical oxidizer - salt into gacious brine
rotary condenserator - gacious brin to brine

what a pain in the butt!

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, my thinking is if you are going to have a quest to make brine and its that difficult (I never go to that point of doing it), brine should be something you need. I couldn't tell if it was or just an arbitrary quest like the old Agrarian Skies, 'make me 10,000,000 potatos' type quests.

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
So what causes blood altars to randomly stop accepting blood from all sources other then stabbing yourself?

My t4 altar was working fine, I went off and got some quartz seeds to 10/10/10 and when I went back to my altar I noticed it was empty and not accepting blood from tanks, I tried pipes but they wouldn't work either, I created a new world and blood altars accept blood fine there but not on my main world for some reason

I've rebuilt the altar, replaced all runes with regular blood runes, I tried placing just the altar down somewhere in my world and feeding it blood from tanks and it still wouldn't work

It was all going so well...

Edit, well in a last ditch effort I got rid of all the runes on the t4 altar, replaced them with random runes I cheated in, when I placed 12 acceleration runes it started accepting blood again, so apparently my blood altar requires no more or less then 12 acceleration runes to function which is sort of random since it was working fine with dislocation runes before..

I've played with Blood Magic in every pack I've played and never have I made acceleration runes, much less required them before my blood altar would function...

Last edited:

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
An altar has a small hidden reservoir that has to be filled when it is built or modified. So as you add blood it shows up in the altar and then drains into this reservoir until it is filled. Anytime you build one or change its config, just keep adding blood and eventually it will stop draining it.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
So, I've been thinking: Would you guys be interested in seeing an updated/"improved" version of the pack? And if so, would I have to get permission to do so?

There are some really creative things in this pack, notably pumping blood from lakes and Foundry. But as of now this pack seems to be a "monkey see, monkey do" type pack. It has elements of RR and Regrowth that are, IMO, blatant ripoffs of those packs, but more importantly they missed what made those packs popular. For Running Red it was the symbolism, which wouldn't be present in my updated pack, but the symbolism was what let people accept the grindiness of the pack. Without that, something like having to put wood into an altar to make it usable would be unacceptable. I'd reduce the grind of that aspect while keeping the dependence on Blood Magic. As for Regrowth, it was the depth of progression. The only required quest rewards were the essences; the rest was all Minetweaker. It was the Infinity Evolved before Infinity Evolved, should I say. And it also included a lot more engineering stuff; you didn't just get Mekanism in the first 5 minutes. You had to use Buildcraft pipes or get into magic. This is something I'd go whole ham on if I took over.

What would you guys think?

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Well Caithleen has been mia for several months now. The FTB folks took over support of Hypovolemia and were in the process of creating an update that would fix some/all/most of the quest glitches. It was more than a month ago, maybe more than a two months ago FTB claimed the update was ready it just had to go through a process before being uploaded. We've never seen it.

I would like to play a fixed version of Hypovolemia, but the absence of any kind of word from anyone about it lately says to me that there may be something happening behind the scenes. Or maybe not. But with the lack of actual information speculation is as good as knowledge.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Well Caithleen has been mia for several months now. The FTB folks took over support of Hypovolemia and were in the process of creating an update that would fix some/all/most of the quest glitches. It was more than a month ago, maybe more than a two months ago FTB claimed the update was ready it just had to go through a process before being uploaded. We've never seen it.

I would like to play a fixed version of Hypovolemia, but the absence of any kind of word from anyone about it lately says to me that there may be something happening behind the scenes. Or maybe not. But with the lack of actual information speculation is as good as knowledge.
It'll be likely built from the ground up, honestly. But very similar.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Well if that is the case, I'd suggest coming up with a new title and graphics and such. But if you do, I'm sure I'll give it try.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Well if that is the case, I'd suggest coming up with a new title and graphics and such. But if you do, I'm sure I'll give it try.
Okay, I'll think about it. Much of the core features would be the same though, as would the story.

One thing that would be different is the engineering stuff. Mekanism wouldn't be available early on.

P

profrags

It WAS ready... But things happened and as far as I know the update is still getting fixes added to it. I left the slack channel for the development of the pack because I honestly didn't know what was going on and what I could help with. You could PM arcanuo as he is doing the update with someone else, unless the other person helping stopped working on it.

BTW, Cathleen isn't coming back for Hypovolemia because he's working on his new pack.

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
It WAS ready... But things happened and as far as I know the update is still getting fixes added to it. I left the slack channel for the development of the pack because I honestly didn't know what was going on and what I could help with. You could PM arcanuo as he is doing the update with someone else, unless the other person helping stopped working on it.

BTW, Cathleen isn't coming back for Hypovolemia because he's working on his new pack.

If you ask me, he probably abandoned that one too.
Two of the three maintainers quit early and left Arcanuo alone, but last I heard was that he seems to have quit now too, so I guess Hypo is more dead than alive right now.

And @mjvmine the pack was not picked up by FTB, but Mineyourmind only assigned new maintainers. Since it was a "MYM Original" to begin with.

J

johnfg12

hey @mjvmine profrags tells me your the person to come to for bugs :) would you be able to go and put them on github :) would make my life easier
https://github.com/MyM-ModpackTeam/hypovolemia/issues

quick update we have fixed/awaiting feedback on github bugs (yes all of them) some of which we can do nothing about :) but please if your find a issue post on github we will try to fix it asap

S

SirStudMuffin

Currently we are looking into issues and fixing them
Fixing quests and adding quests
Looking at worldgen
Fixing recipes
And update should be pushed sometime in the near future we will let you know when
For now sit tight and get excited some interesting things are coming
Thanks

S

SirStudMuffin

Atm we are working through issues on our test server if john does keep breaking things XD
Just working on polishing stuff atm so the World gen and stuff work properly
The mekanism issue, isnt an issue you need tier 5 to pump blood into the altar with a mekanism pipe
We will let you know if any updates are coming
We are waiting on a few things and then an update will be pushed to MYM
Thanks
SirStudMuffin - Hypos Publicity Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.