[1.7.10] Hello World! [Curse Launcher][Full Release][HQM][JamPacked II]

Would You Watch Videos If We Made Them? Some gameplay and some modpack creation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
P2UgaDU.png

MlRU8eN.png
'Hello World!'
- By Ambiguity

The world is very much over, all that remains are the remnants of the ghostly, abandoned city, a sarky, exasperated-at-humanity’s-incompetence AI and YOU!

You’ve woken up on a spaceship. Why are you even on a spaceship? Either you had a really wild friday night, or you’ve been kidnapped by the intergalactic police for disturbing the peace. Well, apparently, it’s neither of those. If you peer out of your pod’s cyan tinted windows, you can see an endless expanse of purple as far as the eye can see. You rub your eyes, just to check you’re not seeing things, but the image stays. You shift around in the pod, looking for an exit (why can’t you remember where the exit is? Everything seems so alien to you) and end up activating some robot from its deep slumber. To be correct, it seems to be more of an artificial intelligence of sorts. You hear a grating, sarcastic voice coming from deep inside your head.

“Hello world! Everything is dead and destroyed! What a beautiful day!”
whfNFzq.png
The full mod list can either be seen on the FTB launcher, who kindly display the list for the pack, on the Curse launcher or, in case you don't have access to them, it can be viewed as a spreadsheet here!
As the pack is now complete, I'm going to work on updating the pictures here to be more reflective of how the pack looks :)
q2c7yeJ.png
O5TV5YN.png
uL8EoHl.png

tWdHAz9.png

jaFa87N.png

34fZRaE.png

gQbREVl.png
hvEHRZi.png
The pack is currently available in two places, on the FTB launcher, to access it there use the information below.
Hello World! - Pack Code: helloworld
You can also get the pack on the curse launcher, you can download the launcher here. The curse launcher means that mod authors get the credit for their mods and are rewarded for them, and allows an all around fairer distribution of packs, it is officially backed by FTB and hosts all of their packs :) The pack can be found under the all modpacks section, although you may have to scroll down a bit to get past all the popular packs! :)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmbiguityPacks (I try to check this daily, just mention us in a tweet and I'll get back to you)
You could also leave a comment here on the thread, which sends me an email notification of your message, which I will always see within 24 hours of your post.
If you are reporting a bug in the pack or any other issue, the best place to post that is here, at the issue tracker on the curse forge page.
Any inquiries that are separate to the pack can be emailed to us at [email protected] .
We also want you to be able to see how the pack is doing for yourself, so here are our YAMPST statistics which are open for anyone to see.

@Chazwade & @Enarkay_ (Ambiguity)

Last edited:

Vidinston

Jul 29, 2019
Must.. Play... Modpack. Too.. Much... Awesomeness... *Dies from the amazing work seen so far*
This will be a hard mudpack to compete against. I Feel the future of crash landing...
You NEED to make more modpacks... MORE!

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question why is it that he/she is on a spaceship?
Well, I'm afraid I can't say, a vast majority of the pack is based around discovering what has happened, so that would be telling! ;)
Must.. Play... Modpack. Too.. Much... Awesomeness... *Dies from the amazing work seen so far*
This will be a hard mudpack to compete against. I Feel the future of crash landing...
You NEED to make more modpacks... MORE!
Nice to hear that you're enthusiastic for the pack, we definitely are! Actually the mechanics will be VERY different to crash landing, we're very excited to see what people think, speaking of, @Enarkay_ has just finished work on our logo, so check it out above! :D

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Nice idea, gl with JP2 will keep an eye on this one, I do like themed packs, I see are you going with hqm, just remember that balance is the real key to hqm, never going to even try tell you how to go about your pack, but from a player point of view, rewards should be a little helping hand to the next quest in the chain & never a game breaking reward like lucky blocks, the reward system in regrowth is a very good example.

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
Nice idea, gl with JP2 will keep an eye on this one, I do like themed packs, I see are you going with hqm, just remember that balance is the real key to hqm, never going to even try tell you how to go about your pack, but from a player point of view, rewards should be a little helping hand to the next quest in the chain & never repentantly a game breaking reward like lucky blocks, the reward system in regrowth is a very good example.
Thanks your advice is really helpful and just the sort of thing we need! I am currently looking in depth at the tiered reward system, and what rewards we could give, the idea is that quests will be done to move the plot forward, so this will be the main incentive to complete them, not just to get OP quest items, which you shouldn't find any of here! Also, feel free to send any more advice to our email which we've now posted above! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: egor66

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
Oh don't worry about that! There really is no resemblance to crash landing here what so ever, your ship is very functional! And keep in touch? I'll be interested in any new developments you make :)
Let me just post here so il keep in touch with your thread to :)

Reactions: Chazwade

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
Let me just post here so i'll keep in touch with your thread to :)
As for what you were saying about crash landing, this map is very different, the concept is entirely based around a whole other type of catastrophe, you never know, the ship may turn out to be your salvation! ;)

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
As for what you were saying about crash landing, this map is very different, the concept is entirely based around a whole other type of catastrophe, you never know, the ship may turn out to be your salvation! ;)
I will see. Im excited to see what will happen. But i must say. You won't expect anything about our pack ^_^
Well except the water part ofcourse.

Reactions: Chazwade

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
Im excited to see what will happen.
Keeping you updated as you asked, a lot of work has gone into the map in the past twenty four hours, I've posted more accurate notes and a couple screencaps in the main thread, be sure to check them out :) (Same goes for anyone)

Reactions: dylanpiera

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
Excited to say the way things are going, we could potentially have a beta release in the next week or so! Make sure to stay tuned to be one of the first to try the pack out, and check out the new updates section of the thread, I note down any changes to the map there! :D

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds kinda like crashed landing or blast off.......Just saying.
We appreciate all feedback! Out of interest, what features make you think of crash landing? There really isn't much comparison what so ever, so it may just be how it is represented in the screenshots and post, you'll see for definite just how unique our pack is when you play the beta, which is fast approaching!

Swat_Kid

Jul 29, 2019
I wont have enough time to test because I'm too busy writing quests for my pack. What makes it feels simular is the fact you wake up somewhere alien and you are in a super flat world. It also has cities and other buildings on the map.