[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have an answer as to why in one certain spot near my base the ExUtil glider magically goes higher and higher. Almost as if there was one of those levitators from Thaumcraft below (there's not, and this only happens with the glider). Looked for hungry nodes, none. Only thing below is some asphalt (concrete chisel) and some dirt. Is this added by some mod as a makeshift wind mechanic or something. I'm not complaining travel just became way easier.

Edit: I died and when i respawned it's gone :(

Last edited:

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have an answer as to why in one certain spot near my base the ExUtil glider magically goes higher and higher. Almost as if there was one of those levitators from Thaumcraft below (there's not, and this only happens with the glider). Looked for hungry nodes, none. Only thing below is some asphalt (concrete chisel) and some dirt. Is this added by some mod as a makeshift wind mechanic or something. I'm not complaining travel just became way easier.

Edit: I died and when i respawned it's gone :(

Yeah there's some weird pseudo thermal mechanic built into the game somehow. Happens to everyone. I have never figured out the glider fully, sometimes it's covering half my screen and I drop like a rock, and sometimes I can fly a full kilometer and barely lose any altitude. "Weather" or something I guess :p

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think it had been that long since I last used the glider. But apparently it has. Definitely didn't have this feature back in the days I used to use it. Thanks. Actually pretty cool not really being able to use it during the rain and whatnot.

Reactions: kris449

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
How would one go about getting whitelisted on the server? I haven't been able to find anything describing the process on the website.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
I've made a few prospected data booklets, and they show in the range of 1,500 - 2,400,000 L of Natural gas/ Raw Oil etc.

Does this now show total oil in the well instead of the previous oil extraction rate (which used to be 0 - ~625L I believe)? If so do I just have to take a stab at each prospect and hope for some decent extraction rates? Or is this just a typo and should be mL instead of L (I did notice an ambiguous "oil buff" in one of the changelogs just not sure where to).

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
I chose the precision shears. Mostly because the leveled up mattock I had seemed better than the reward one. And because I assumed the shears had infinite durability similar to the healing axe; which they dont so I probably won't even use them much. Can't remember the other option off the top of my head.

If I had to do it again id probably choose the mattock as it would eventually be better than my current one once it leveled up.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Kriss did u get Moon's base yet?
And another question, did u find many Tantal ore veins in your world?

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Kriss did u get Moon's base yet?
And another question, did u find many Tantal ore veins in your world?

Yeah I got to the moon a while back. Haven't got to play much since then due to real life but I am slowly building up my AE system. As for Tantalite I found about 5 veins of it in my digging. I found the grossular ore in them is great to electrolyze if you need lots of oxygen quickly.

How are your GTNH adventures going? Hope you are ready for 1.5, it's a big one :p

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
I am still struggling finding Mica ore... :eek:.
Railcraft Tunnel Bore was good until hit area with plenty oil,lava,water fluids. MaintaiIng this baby become too tedious and cost me too many ender pearls. I remember back in time I played BeyondReality modpack and StevesCart Minning monster did really good job with Gregs ore spawning. So... I spent last couple houres crafting this THING and all the required infrastructure. Lol, took me long time and a lot resources. But its up and running well now. And most important its maintance free!
Yeah I know 1.5.0 is comming and some changes (improvments) . I follow Github ;).
When I find Mica (finally) I ll ask you for some tips how to get to Moon. I am glad u re still here and even well-known :p

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
I am still struggling finding Mica ore... :eek:.
Railcraft Tunnel Bore was good until hit area with plenty oil,lava,water fluids. MaintaiIng this baby become too tedious and cost me too many ender pearls. I remember back in time I played BeyondReality modpack and StevesCart Minning monster did really good job with Gregs ore spawning. So... I spent last couple houres crafting this THING and all the required infrastructure. Lol, took me long time and a lot resources. But its up and running well now. And most important its maintance free!
Yeah I know 1.5.0 is comming and some changes (improvments) . I follow Github ;).
When I find Mica (finally) I ll ask you for some tips how to get to Moon. I am glad u re still here and even well-known :p

You don't need mica to get to the moon :eek: You need it to process the ore you bring back with you, but you can make the crafting table and rocket and everything else without it. Wow I have never heard of anyone having this much trouble finding it. The vein I found was only a few hundred blocks from my base.

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Oooo really :eek:, time ago I ve looked at recipes and I tought I need something which require Mica. I dont remember, was it EBF with higher coil tier, one of HV machines or something else.I double check 2morrow. SO first step anyway is Nasa workbench.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Oooo really :eek:, time ago I ve looked at recipes and I tought I need something which require Mica. I dont remember, was it EBF with higher coil tier, one of HV machines or something else.I double check 2morrow. SO first step anyway is Nasa workbench.

Lol no, you make the rockets in a dire crafting table. The workbench is disabled. And yeah Mica is just for heat coils.

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL