[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
How do I transfer my creosote oil from my coke oven to my railcraft tank? I've got them piped together but the oil isn't going through the pipe. I'm used to using BC/TE pipes but the BC ones don't seem to be craftable.

P

player3310

Thanks for your great job, nice modpack. Problem is Enderio basic item filter recipe. Filter needs raw carbon mesh. And that needs tier 6 for molten iridium i think.

Mister2u

Jul 29, 2019
I was just getting to the end of the Steam age last week, and when I picked up where I left off yesterday I had about a dozen new yet completed quests all called "New Quest" with no descriptions, all with a nether star as the icon. THese quests are scattered around ages that I have not yet reached and seem to have opened up a range of other quests. Is my save screwed, or is this somethng that was supposed to happen? Or a new release that opens up these quests? I don't want to continue on this map if it's been corrupted somehow, but I've been playing slowly for a month or so now. Do I start again, or keep with this world?

PS thanks for such a great modpack. This modpack is to minecraft what minecraft is to minesweeper.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
I was just getting to the end of the Steam age last week, and when I picked up where I left off yesterday I had about a dozen new yet completed quests all called "New Quest" with no descriptions, all with a nether star as the icon. THese quests are scattered around ages that I have not yet reached and seem to have opened up a range of other quests. Is my save screwed, or is this somethng that was supposed to happen? Or a new release that opens up these quests? I don't want to continue on this map if it's been corrupted somehow, but I've been playing slowly for a month or so now. Do I start again, or keep with this world?

PS thanks for such a great modpack. This modpack is to minecraft what minecraft is to minesweeper.

This happened to me so many times I started making backups of the quest progress file. At one point I just deleted the file and started fresh and cheated in the items to complete the quests I'd already done but even with creative mode that took hours to get back to steam. But no it's not your world that's corrupted, just something that seems glitchy with the quest mod.

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL

Mister2u

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info. I will probably delete the quest file and work through it again - backing up this time.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info. I will probably delete the quest file and work through it again - backing up this time.

Just be aware that there are "retrieval" quests where you can just spawn the item in your bag and get credit, and there are "crafting" quests where you have to have every individual piece of the item and physically make it in a crafting table before you get credit. It always says which it is at the top of the quest though. Only reason why it takes so long. :p

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Yes Better Questing Mod make some wired things some times. /bq_admin default load this maybe help or /bq_user refresh.

I know it's hard to replicate an issue that seems to happen randomly and for no reason but is there any way to fix the mod permanently?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I play in a well lit room, especially during the day. Started a new world yesterday and had alot of issues seeing, even during day in game cause of the glare on my screen. really dislike hardcore darkness. So before I started up the game today I disabled that in randomthings.cfg and started up. as soon as I load up the world I get a really useless crashlog talking about ticking memory connection and sometimes ticking world. It does not point to any mod or location and just shows a dump of all the mods loaded. Absolutely useless logs (this is from the crashlogs directory). Tried looking through the actual logs themselves and literally same thing. Nothing causes the issue.

I went back, reverted the random things disabling of hardcore darkness and same exact problem so I don't think it has anything to do with it.

No aroma backup so had no backup to go back to. Assuming this is a one off thing nobody can really help with? I'm going to grab the seed from the world and recreate a new world using it since I just started anyways.

Is there any recommended java args or memory sizes?

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
I play in a well lit room, especially during the day. Started a new world yesterday and had alot of issues seeing, even during day in game cause of the glare on my screen. really dislike hardcore darkness. So before I started up the game today I disabled that in randomthings.cfg and started up. as soon as I load up the world I get a really useless crashlog talking about ticking memory connection and sometimes ticking world. It does not point to any mod or location and just shows a dump of all the mods loaded. Absolutely useless logs (this is from the crashlogs directory). Tried looking through the actual logs themselves and literally same thing. Nothing causes the issue.

I went back, reverted the random things disabling of hardcore darkness and same exact problem so I don't think it has anything to do with it.

No aroma backup so had no backup to go back to. Assuming this is a one off thing nobody can really help with? I'm going to grab the seed from the world and recreate a new world using it since I just started anyways.

Is there any recommended java args or memory sizes?
You need to play with Hd enabled otherwise the game crash. The thing is a warning that yo can't disabled would be better and we planing it for the next release. I play the game myself and I have a lot of screen settings for make the picture light enough to play. Sure nights are pitchblack but this is the atmosphere from the whole pack. Later on you have night vision helmets or try to install dynamic light hold a torch in you hand and lighting up a bit.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
You need to play with Hd enabled otherwise the game crash. The thing is a warning that yo can't disabled would be better and we planing it for the next release. I play the game myself and I have a lot of screen settings for make the picture light enough to play. Sure nights are pitchblack but this is the atmosphere from the whole pack. Later on you have night vision helmets or try to install dynamic light hold a torch in you hand and lighting up a bit.
again, my problem wasn't as much about the fact that when it gets nighttime it's dark as pitch. My problem was even during the day, I could barely see outside cause I always crank up the gamma on my screen cause of all the light in the room.

Explain this then. Even if I put the hardcore darkness back on, it still crashes. lol are you penalizing ppl somehow for disabling it once?

Another thing is when you build underground or enclosed area, even with arcane lamps and flat lamps everywhere, it looks terrible and is hard to see anything. Yes, get some night vision goggles or whatever going on, then you see everything better. fine. but in my building, I should be able to just light up my area and be ok, but I can't.

Technically, how did you keep ppl from disabling the hardcore darkness? I want to play but this really is putting me off of it.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
yeah fine, I must have screwed up and changed the wrong dir's config during testing. yeah, re-enabled hd for sure and pack and old map loaded just fine.

I still find this being forced on me pretty asinine.