[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Why you not build a steam storage tank?
I am not sure if there is some Alloy smelter Quest in Lv but if not I will add some.

I do have a steam storage tank lol, that was the first thing I did once I had access to steel. But my steam boilers don't fill it fast enough, and the LV pump cover doesn't let steam out fast enough to do even one operation for the wool. Anyway I made the LV smelter and used all my creosote up but finally got my EBF :D

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
I do have a steam storage tank lol, that was the first thing I did once I had access to steel. But my steam boilers don't fill it fast enough, and the LV pump cover doesn't let steam out fast enough to do even one operation for the wool. Anyway I made the LV smelter and used all my creosote up but finally got my EBF :D
If you ll output steam from bottom side of tank, you wont't need pumps with their transfer limitation.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
If you ll output steam from bottom side of tank, you wont't need pumps with their transfer limitation.

That never worked for me.. I asked DM about it way back when I was trying to move my creosote and he said I needed a pump.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
It probably doesnt work with creosote (I didnt try) but for sure work with steam :). I think max output is less than large steel pipe can handle if I remember correct. I cant check now (at work)

Reactions: kris449

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
It probably doesnt work with creosote (I didnt try) but for sure work with steam :). I think max output is less than large steel pipe can handle if I remember correct. I cant check now (at work)

Well the problem is that the coke oven doesn't have an output valve so it has to be pumped out manually. I put the valve in the side of my steam tank when I built it for easy access so I just assumed that needed a pump too. Didn't know it made a difference putting it in the bottom. And yeah.. need to upgrade my pipes lol. Thanks for the tips :)

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Covert jaguar said the tank can output 1000 mb a sec so far I remember.

Seems like more. The LV pump does 640L (mB) per second and that wasn't even keeping my turbine going. Now I can run the turbine plus have a couple steam machines on the side, with no problem.

BTW any ETA on the next update? Impatient for some of the changes.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Kris449 dont be so impatient... I am not sure I am gonna update modpack at all ;). The modpack is(was 1.2.0.5) ultra hard, but after last update get even HARDER! I dont have too much time to play lately, but I notice, my tunnel bore diamond drill is twice expensive than before, and making plastic sheets is far beyond my current setup. I am glad I made 3-4 stacks before update. ;)

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Kris449 dont be so impatient... I am not sure I am gonna update modpack at all ;). The modpack is(was 1.2.0.5) ultra hard, but after last update get even HARDER! I dont have too much time to play lately, but I notice, my tunnel bore diamond drill is twice expensive than before, and making plastic sheets is far beyond my current setup. I am glad I made 3-4 stacks before update. ;)

Well, I wanted a hard pack to keep me busy because I have been recovering from surgery, I stopped playing Skyfactory 2.5 because it was too easy lol. Hadn't played Gregtech since FTB Ultimate and I missed it, plus I wanted a quest pack. I like the challenge :D even if I don't know what the heck I'm doing half the time.

And the chest upgrade recipes are one of the reasons I'm impatient, been holding off on changing out my wooden chests for that reason and they're getting pretty messy.

Last edited:

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah ... it is fun time, I ve learnt this way (hard) Gregtech back at Ultimate, time ago and since that I had no blown up anything (yet). But whenever I am gonna use any power transformer first thing I do, is BACKUP my world and short prayer for a miracle ;)

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, well the first problem was, I set up a pump for oil with a diesel generator a little ways from my base, went back home, and was tabbed out of the game for whatever reason, when I heard fireworks going off. I was wondering, how did I get an achievement when I'm not even in the game? Then saw "Bad weather" and said oh crap.. my base is in a hot biome so I don't get any rain, and I forgot about it. But I ran back to the pump and found an oil filled hole in the ground.. lol.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Hey DM, I noticed on github that you changed the EBF quest to only require 2 energy hatches, is it even possible to run the EBF with only 2 at low voltage? I've been playing around with mine and no matter how I wire it, it always shuts off early until I add that 5th amp (and the hatches only take 2 amps each). If there's a way I'd really like to know, otherwise people are still gonna need 3 hatches.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Hey DM, I noticed on github that you changed the EBF quest to only require 2 energy hatches, is it even possible to run the EBF with only 2 at low voltage? I've been playing around with mine and no matter how I wire it, it always shuts off early until I add that 5th amp (and the hatches only take 2 amps each). If there's a way I'd really like to know, otherwise people are still gonna need 3 hatches.
If the ebf is 100 repaired (duct tap) you need 2lv hatches 2amp. If not you need 3 hatches.