[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What is the best source of charcoal in this modpack? I am at LV stage and I am permanent short with charcoal. I am running 3 coke ovens, trying to find use for overflow of creosote. Mostly as fuel for furnaces and torches. But still I quicker run out charcoal than I can use creosote. I would not like to waste that and any bigger storage options at the moment are too expensive. Do I missing something?
The charcoal pit lighter thing lets you mass-produce charcoal in "bulk", but its totally manual afaik.

The best solutions for you are probably:
a) Add more coke ovens, and
b) Diversify your energy sources (look into gas/diesel)

Also,
  • if the railcraft liquid boiler is available (I dunno?) then it burns Creosote.
  • if GT Large Boilers burn creosote.
  • if you have the IC2 semifluid generator, it burns creosote (this one is often disabled in packs)

Sorry my advice isn't pack specific. I took one look at the DOOR recipe and decided it wasn't for me.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
The charcoal pit lighter thing lets you mass-produce charcoal in "bulk", but its totally manual afaik.

The best solutions for you are probably:
a) Add more coke ovens, and
b) Diversify your energy sources (look into gas/diesel)

Also,
  • if the railcraft liquid boiler is available (I dunno?) then it burns Creosote.
  • if GT Large Boilers burn creosote.
  • if you have the IC2 semifluid generator, it burns creosote (this one is often disabled in packs)

Sorry my advice isn't pack specific. I took one look at the DOOR recipe and decided it wasn't for me.

Ohh yes, I forgot about railcraft fluid boiler. Thank you Sir :). You are very active and helpful on every modpacks forum I play(ed) :).

About modpack. So far my favourite were 1.4.7 FTB Ultimate & 1.6.4 BnB. This Modpack include both above.
A lot of Tech, adventure with TwilightForest, best Magic and RIGHT progression through every mod. And it is really hard to find here any shortcut to pass any stage ;). I did this once only getting to mv chapter before building EBF.
I dont play too long this modpack yet, but so far its looks like masterpiece. Even Eyamaz could be proud of mods interactions here.

Reactions: Pyure

buncheesy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm torn!

I have played a bit of Infitech 2 and I really like it - didnt get too far though as other shiny shiny games took my attention. Looking to come back to a long term gregtech themed pack. Infitech is well integrated and all the mods work together. Nothing seems to be just randomly there.

BUT it doesnt have, say, Twilight Forest. and all the rest!

Given the limited time I play minecraft I am not going to have 2 worlds so my questions are:
  1. How stable and how PC resource intensive is New Horizons? Started watching a youtube lets play and he seemed to have quite a bit of lag. I have a good PC from 5 years ago but 200 mods and lots of script....
  2. The New Horizons pack maker seem like a very committed and great guy. He pops up everywhere his pack is listed and I think the amount of work he must have put in is amazing. So with that caveat could those who have played this pack and maybe infitech 2 give me some idea of how polished this pack is as a whole at the moment? Whilst recognizing the idea is to have a complete gregified kitchen sink pack are there mods that just aren't right for gregification (I find tinkers construct a bit odd but at least there's no MFR or worse Equivalent Exchange)?
  3. How grindy is it really? I mean I don't mind a bit of grind, especially if that grind is mainly exploration. In infitech I found that although there was a lot of searching, ore loads were big and chest loot really useful. Also you could get bulk product once you had made the machinery (didn't get beyond bronze age unfortunately)

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
I'm torn!

I have played a bit of Infitech 2 and I really like it - didnt get too far though as other shiny shiny games took my attention. Looking to come back to a long term gregtech themed pack. Infitech is well integrated and all the mods work together. Nothing seems to be just randomly there.

Given the limited time I play minecraft I am not going to have 2 worlds so my questions are:
  1. How stable and how PC resource intensive is New Horizons? Started watching a youtube lets play and he seemed to have quite a bit of lag. I have a good PC from 5 years ago but 200 mods and lots of script....
  2. The New Horizons pack maker seem like a very committed and great guy. He pops up everywhere his pack is listed and I think the amount of work he must have put in is amazing. So with that caveat could those who have played this pack and maybe infitech 2 give me some idea of how polished this pack is as a whole at the moment? Whilst recognizing the idea is to have a complete gregified kitchen sink pack are there mods that just aren't right for gregification (I find tinkers construct a bit odd but at least there's no MFR or worse Equivalent Exchange)?
  3. How grindy is it really? I mean I don't mind a bit of grind, especially if that grind is mainly exploration. In infitech I found that although there was a lot of searching, ore loads were big and chest loot really useful. Also you could get bulk product once you had made the machinery (didn't get beyond bronze age unfortunately)
GTNH is very stable so far. It needs 4 gb ram. Yes it had 200 mods and the scripts needs some time to load but after you in the game the lag are not so bad. Not sure what graphic card and CPU you are using. If it's to laggy just reduce the view distance to 8.

I am working for 2 years on this pack and I am not finished it right now. Tinkers construct match now very good on the pack because some Gt recipes are forced to make in the Tico smeltery. Many recipes are changed so you can't jump tiers and your Tico Tools are very useful with iguana tweaks together. Mfr not match very much because we have so many Gt machines and other mods add mfr features to the pack.

The pack is grind but I have a lot of players on my server and on others play my pack and have a lot of fun with it.
So my suggestion give it a try.

Reactions: buncheesy

buncheesy

Jul 29, 2019
Cool! I had a bit more of a look at the lets play by Scarhoof and I think I might just give this one a go!

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
I'm torn!

I have to confirm the pack is very stable and works surprisingly smoothly comparing to other large packs. I use MultiMC with dedicated 4gb ram & 512mb perm gen, and using Faithful texturpack I dont experience lags.
And I agree TiC with Iguana Tweaks works together really well in this pack.
The way the pack is constructed, gives you always few options to concentrate on. If you are tired with tech&crafting, go for adventure with TF or challange in Rougelike Dungeons, or do rewarding quests in other chapters, or go minning to find another one needed vein, or do magic, or upgrade your base or go and enjoy Realistic Terrain Generation ( even Nether is not boring) or .... do whatever you want :). Yeah.... worth to try.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
  1. How grindy is it really? I mean I don't mind a bit of grind, especially if that grind is mainly exploration. In infitech I found that although there was a lot of searching, ore loads were big and chest loot really useful. Also you could get bulk product once you had made the machinery (didn't get beyond bronze age unfortunately)

It is hardmode Gregtech. Lots of microcrafting. Lots of manual labor pre-LV. Not significantly different than Infitech---they're both hard mode GT after all---when it comes to grind. If you liked infitech2 you'll like this pack.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
hk0DjXA.png
and still no nickel

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Your journeymap looks similar to mine except I use "X" instead of "Nothing" so its less obstructive.

Also: did you use cofh clearblocks at that diamond mine?

A

Adamcirillo

I've got an idea to get around the curse problem till it gets fixed export the pack as a zip without journey map then add journeymap into the zips overrides folder then when the pack gets installed it will copy journey map from the overrides folder instead of downloading from curse.

also a couple of questions for the pack
is there chunkloading?
are you planning on adding the wireless crafting terminal at all?

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
I've got an idea to get around the curse problem till it gets fixed export the pack as a zip without journey map then add journeymap into the zips overrides folder then when the pack gets installed it will copy journey map from the overrides folder instead of downloading from curse.

also a couple of questions for the pack
is there chunkloading?
are you planning on adding the wireless crafting terminal at all?
The problem is Ftb Team Update my files when I make a Update on curse and ftb site.
Railcraft Chunkloading is active. We using coins you can get on my server with in game money but you can change the railcraft cfg back.
Wireless crafting thermal is from which mod?

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
hk0DjXA.png
and still no nickel

Yes, Ah Gregtech. I found mine nickiel vein as second in TF, after few minutes minning. You are unlucky with nickiel, but what I can say, so far digging in three dimensions (OV,TF,N) and finding all needed to progression (and unneeded too) veins I found only ONE chalcopyrite/copper vein, which is completely depleted already.

A

Adamcirillo

dreammasterxxl wireless crafting terminal is the name of the mod can find it on curse