[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure, but I think you ll get them as reward after completing Quest.
When you check recipe for Witchery seeds you ll see them as reward one of the quests.
I can only find Mandrake Seeds as Questing Reward and that's later from a Witchery quest after the Altar and Witch's Cauldron. For the other 3 seeds (Water Artichoke, Belladonna and Snowbell) there's no recipe showing up in NEI. I assume there's no way to progress with Witchery and Blood Magic without those seeds then or am I missing something (I'm on version 1.1.0.2)?

Altar of GregoriusT's Blood < Attuned Stone < Whiff of Magic < Rowan Sapling < Mutandis < Witch's Cauldron (and Mandrake Root) < Anointing Paste < all 4 Witchery seeds required

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
are the levels for Resdstone Ore with 5 - 40 confirmed ? I am searching for 4 hours at lvl 15 now ;)
Yes, I found Redstone in the Overworld and Nether in my case on level 25-35. According to the config it generates between 5-40. It's probably unlikely to find Redstone with strip mining as it can spawn on 35 different levels. When I was for example looking for Tantalite Ore on the other hand strip mining worked fine as it can only spawn on 10 levels (20-30).

Reactions: novarek

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
are the levels for Resdstone Ore with 5 - 40 confirmed ? I am searching for 4 hours at lvl 15 now ;)
So you don't have luck. Try a new world and clearing all blocks with cofh commands to see how Gt ores spawns.
/clearblocks your user name 100 100 100 stone (example for stone)
Make this in a new world or everything will be destroyed.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Yes, I found Redstone in the Overworld and Nether in my case on level 25-35. According to the config it generates between 5-40. It's probably unlikely to find Redstone with strip mining as it can spawn on 35 different levels. When I was for example looking for Tantalite Ore on the other hand strip mining worked fine as it can only spawn on 10 levels (20-30).
Strip mining doesn't work in this pack. Bigbass Moderator on my Server wrote a nice Mining Guid.
Mining and Ore Generation Guide: http://gtnewhorizons.enjin.com/wiki/m/41469370/page/Mining_Guide

novarek

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, thats true. Mine redstone vein in OV is between 29-36 and in the Nether 9-16. Strip minning wont work well.
About Witchery, indeed there is only Mandrake's seed as reward. I am not that far so didnt experience this problem. How did you defeat the Lich? I have got only Dezils marshmallow to the rescue, but not sure this will be enough, and I dont need any more mine own heads (out of space on the display) ;)

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
I can only find Mandrake Seeds as Questing Reward and that's later from a Witchery quest after the Altar and Witch's Cauldron. For the other 3 seeds (Water Artichoke, Belladonna and Snowbell) there's no recipe showing up in NEI. I assume there's no way to progress with Witchery and Blood Magic without those seeds then or am I missing something (I'm on version 1.1.0.2)?

Altar of GregoriusT's Blood < Attuned Stone < Whiff of Magic < Rowan Sapling < Mutandis < Witch's Cauldron (and Mandrake Root) < Anointing Paste < all 4 Witchery seeds required
Make a Tinkers construct Mattok and try to find seed right clicking on dirt(not close on water sources you get Farmland) some times randomly seeds will dropping on the floor.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Yes, thats true. Mine redstone vein in OV is between 29-36 and in the Nether 9-16. Strip minning wont work well.
About Witchery, indeed there is only Mandrake's seed as reward. I am not that far so didnt experience this problem. How did you defeat the Lich? I have got only Dezils marshmallow to the rescue, but not sure this will be enough, and I dont need any more mine own heads (out of space on the display) ;)
Marshmallows have a 10 mins duration. I think enough time to kill the Lich. I saw people in videos defeat the Hee Dragon with only Iron armor and Marshmallows.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
I didnt see recipe yet, its I gues in Thaumcraft book. I ve found them somewhere in the chest (cannot remember where). I ve got 25. So I gues I will not need to see recipe ;-)

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
I found and used some Croissants of Creation for the Lich fight. With the Dezil's Marshmallows it should be even easier.
Make a Tinkers construct Mattok and try to find seed right clicking on dirt(not close on water sources you get Farmland) some times randomly seeds will dropping on the floor.
Thank you, that worked! I completely forgot this was a thing since Crash Landing. :)

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL

cipher101

Jul 29, 2019
Wow this seems fun pack, thank you for hard work.

I read all pages on this thread and am watching Scarhoof playing it on utube. I went home and made a lan server but when we join none of us can break any blocks or anything, its like spawn protected or something ( i went like 200 blocks away from spawn but it's same).
Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit:

I suspected on plugins so i deleted plugins folder just to see what happens and now we can break blocks and wood normally, but we won't play until we know we didn't mess up something and then we need to restart again.

Thanks again

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Wow this seems fun pack, thank you for hard work.

I read all pages on this thread and am watching Scarhoof playing it on utube. I went home and made a lan server but when we join none of us can break any blocks or anything, its like spawn protected or something ( i went like 200 blocks away from spawn but it's same).
Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit:

I suspected on plugins so i deleted plugins folder just to see what happens and now we can break blocks and wood normally, but we won't play until we know we didn't mess up something and then we need to restart again.

Thanks again
When i am back home in one week I will change the server file. No you have configure plugins and stuff because of Thermos and Plugins. In the future I will put forge in the Server pack. If someone shan't to using Thermos and plugins they can downloaded it manually and configure it. And yes you have to set all User to a Builder group that they can break blocks.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Ok... I am ready for battle (I HOPE). I clear out all the way up to the Lich room and fingers cross for the win. Just in case I am making save. If you wont see u me here any more.... ;)

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
So far I can say without any computer /manuad Username Builder

There are other commands google manuad und you will find the plugin I guess it is worldgurad but I am not 100% been only on the mobile.

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I made it. The Lich's bones are mine :), as well as access to new TF's territories.
To be honest, it was easier than I tought.
Of course, I had Dezil's marrshmallow, but even without it , wouldnt be too hard if you ll only use some vanilla potions.
As long as you clear the way up to the Lich its easy.
The real hardship was getting rid of all those spawners before the main battle. It took quite a while.... but I ended up with 2 double chests full of enchanted armours, weapons and other goodies ;)