1.7.10 FTB Pack News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Jeanquaillant

Jul 29, 2019
Is 56 close enough? I will admit that some have a hard time with change, but think my generation is generally more open minded at this age than previous ones have been. :D

Also, why limit the discussion to men?
Yup close enough, I feel so bad now, I hope I didn't come off as that teenager who thinks 25 is old..:oops:
Men usually become a little more closed minded as they get older; not that women are better, they're also crazy in their on ways.:p

mike spy

Jul 29, 2019
i don't care when it gets released. I'm just seeing other players testing and oh my gawd the changes make me soooo happy. if the release is sooner great but at least i have a way to interact with it and not have to wait. which is what i would say to anyone who is asking for ETA's just watch, shut your mouth and be patient. there will be plenty of time.

Reactions: Zaes

rithrin

Jul 29, 2019
I think we need to look at it this way in terms of monster.. When a 7 year old can toss together a pack then simply read the foot notes in all the configs to get what they want. Then do about 10 seconds of google to change oregen... I dont even need to say more than this.
I like the root the packs are taking but at the end of the day its not what I like its what the FTB team likes is there pack soo let them do what they want.
*stares at new packs more*

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Why would you expect that? Most pack makers are normal players and don't have any special privilege.

That's what the "Unstable pack is for... A test-bed for developers to verify their updates/new mods. I'm more interested in whether we see an update to "Unstable" or not. It's latest version is running on 1.7.10, btw.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait for the new Tech World modpack :D If HQM gets implemented into a Tech World modpack it'd add a great deal of structure to the gameplay. I've played Agrarian Skies and it's a great modpack, but it'd be even better to have quests like that on a regular map where there's more freedom to build, more starting resources and it's all-tech-no-magic. For now, TechWorld2 is good enough to stave the excitement.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
That's what the "Unstable pack is for... A test-bed for developers to verify their updates/new mods. I'm more interested in whether we see an update to "Unstable" or not. It's latest version is running on 1.7.10, btw.
And completely unplayable for me at least. I've played some other packs (not many) on 1.7.2 and .10 and yeah, my system? unplayable. agskies, Crash landing? FPS in the 90's - 100's or so. That alone has me so so worried. loss of opengl seems to be the main reason for me at least. AMD hardware, so ... I found this a while back and going to give it a shot to see if it helps....

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I don't have too many problems and I run AMD hardware. I'll grant that 1.7.10 seems to have problems if you travel faster than chunks can be generated but as linked above there's a mod that helps some people with issues.

Also, the "Unstable" pack pops up a clear warning that using it is at your own risk as most, if not all the mods are experimental. Once I got the current extent of my world generated I stopped having those stuttery slowdowns.

Reactions: AlCapella

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
And completely unplayable for me at least. I've played some other packs (not many) on 1.7.2 and .10 and yeah, my system? unplayable. agskies, Crash landing? FPS in the 90's - 100's or so. That alone has me so so worried. loss of opengl seems to be the main reason for me at least. AMD hardware, so ... I found this a while back and going to give it a shot to see if it helps....
I use Fastcraft as well as the JVM arguments in my signature, and it works great. Not quite as good as in 1.6.4, but it's still pretty good. It's definitely a lot smoother than in 1.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.