1.7.10 FTB Pack News

Status
Not open for further replies.

rithrin

Jul 29, 2019
Based of past posts it may be cut.. but I shall stare on! Can't live without the sculpting. It's like microblocks.. just better with more textures! and no wiki info. Could add it my self but that would damage deh bunnies server player base.

Anyway! back on topic! super secret might be all are saviors.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I think the name of HQM needs to be changed, when people realize the H means hardcore and the Q quest, most minecraft players go "Nope... don't like it" as most people play minecraft to dick around at their own pace and volition.
It's like if canola oil was called rapeseed oil (yeah that's canola's -other- name (that or a wikki troll has got me)), people would avoid it purely becasue of the name. People think that the hardcore and quest part of the name means they will be forced in to both, which is not true.
They could have just called it QDS, as it's apt, already a term the mod uses but doesn't imply that hardcore is compulsory. You still have quests but like any open sandboxish game you can easily ignore quests. For example, I have 298 hours of Skyrim clocked; Haven't finished it, mainly through lack of trying but mostly becasue I passively ignore quests.

OEMitchell

Jul 29, 2019
I think the name of HQM needs to be changed, when people realize the H means hardcore and the Q quest, most minecraft players go "Nope... don't like it" as most people play minecraft to dick around at their own pace and volition.
It's like if canola oil was called rapeseed oil (yeah that's canola's -other- name (that or a wikki troll has got me)), people would avoid it purely becasue of the name. People think that the hardcore and quest part of the name means they will be forced in to both, which is not true.
They could have just called it QDS, as it's apt, already a term the mod uses but doesn't imply that hardcore is compulsory. You still have quests but like any open sandboxish game you can easily ignore quests. For example, I have 298 hours of Skyrim clocked; Haven't finished it, mainly through lack of trying but mostly becasue I passively ignore quests.
In the end would it really make a difference? Probably. But people will always complain about something. Its the human condition. So lets give up this charade and worship starecat. He knows what's up.

Reactions: Azzanine

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
*stares at factorization sculpting in hopes it lives on in one of the official packs*
On the upside tho! Quests! Quests.... shiny Quests. Going to assume server owners can further add there own quests ontop via configs/The mod its self?
You should check out the video they have on their website (http://hqm.wikispaces.com/)... working with the quest book is actually pretty easy. They did a very good job with the interface.

It's like if canola oil was called rapeseed oil (yeah that's canola's -other- name (that or a wikki troll has got me))
No wiki troll, that's actually true.

Reactions: Azzanine

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
In the end would it really make a difference? Probably. But people will always complain about something. Its the human condition. So lets give up this charade and worship starecat. He knows what's up.
Trueche.
But at least people new to the mod won't end up with as many preconceptions. Hardcore is a loaded term and a very niche play style, it conjures images of no lifers who play at something 24/7.

There will always be something to complain about, but it's not the complainers I'm talking about it's those that go "nope..." and "leave" silently. I mean read the comments, they freak out over HQM becasue they assume it's going to be used to force them in to hardcore mode and funnel them in to quests. Where as my guess would be is that they are using it as medium to convey information and get started tutorials. At least that would be the smart bet.
I am actually rather intrigued as to how this will work out, it may get people in to mods they may have been previously too intimidated to try. I remember avoiding Big Reactors for the longest time becasue I hadn't the slightest idea how to start and just assumed it would be as difficult as other reactor mods.

No wiki troll, that's actually true.

Good, it would have been awkward to tell someone that fact and have it be wrong.

Reactions: OEMitchell

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I expect 1.8.x (when released and modded) to far surpass 1.7.10, but only time will tell.

OEMitchell

Jul 29, 2019
Trueche.
But at least people new to the mod won't end up with as many preconceptions. Hardcore is a loaded term and a very niche play style, it conjures images of no lifers who play at something 24/7.

There will always be something to complain about, but it's not the complainers I'm talking about it's those that go "nope..." and "leave" silently. I mean read the comments, they freak out over HQM becasue they assume it's going to be used to force them in to hardcore mode and funnel them in to quests. Where as my guess would be is that they are using it as medium to convey information and get started tutorials. At least that would be the smart bet.
I am actually rather intrigued as to how this will work out, it may get people in to mods they may have been previously too intimidated to try. I remember avoiding Big Reactors for the longest time becasue I hadn't the slightest idea how to start and just assumed it would be as difficult as other reactor mods.

I completely agree. I was just tired, bored and wanted to be part of the conversation at the time. I'll also admit to the fact that a while back, I felt as though the mod stood against what Minecraft was all about. Which was wrong because its about anything really. Limitless and just awesome. Not to mention its a great mod that I'm glad to see stick around.

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask for an ETA if I dress up like Oliver Twist and do my best, "May I have an ETA, sir?"

Is there any plans for a pack that has a mix of tech and magic that isn't the Direwolf 20 pack? I've been really digging the feel of Horizons.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Can I ask for an ETA if I dress up like Oliver Twist and do my best, "May I have an ETA, sir?"

Is there any plans for a pack that has a mix of tech and magic that isn't the Direwolf 20 pack? I've been really digging the feel of Horizons.

Horizons doesn't really have a theme as such... It's intended to be a showcase for mods that aren't included in every other pack under the sun, and expose people to different ways to play.

Having said that, I think it's a great concept that should be continued.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Lgweaver

Jul 29, 2019
Questing and Minecraft should never mix. Guess I'll just have to disable that mod on our server I hate doing it but if they are putting questing in every mod pack then I guess I'll have to. I love FTB but what's with the sudden love for questing?

Reactions: sivina

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Questing and Minecraft should never mix. Guess I'll just have to disable that mod on our server I hate doing it but if they are putting questing in every mod pack then I guess I'll have to. I love FTB but what's with the sudden love for questing?
Hahahahha. You make me laugh puny human.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
For non themed packs they are likely going to merely use it as a vehicle for mod tutorials. And if the packs are using HQM for this assumed purpose then you are doing the patrons of your server a disservice by disabling it.
But whatever, you run your server how you see "fit", but you look like the sort of over reactive person who is jumping many guns on a rocket powered Harley.

You do know the quests are not compulsory, even in Agrarian Skies you didn't really need to actually do the quests (unless you are a fan of having extra lives).

What's with the intense aversion to questing?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Some people just want something to do after building all the things, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.