Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Mine ... miiiiiine

/me hides mod and ideas from greedy players[DOUBLEPOST=1407349081][/DOUBLEPOST]

That one uses a different mod :p

I've apparently not been stalking following you close enough... Can't blame me for that guess though.

vglocus

Jul 29, 2019
The hardest part with this many good packs is to agree with friends on what pack to play. I foresee long arguments ahead...

Thanks a bunch Jaded for all the info.

Also: KITTEN! CUTE! AAAAWWWW

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Gah! Stop hiding ideas, spread them about so we can apply the appropriate amount of anticipatory drool.

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
The hardest part with this many good packs is to agree with friends on what pack to play. I foresee long arguments ahead...

Thanks a bunch Jaded for all the info.

Also: KITTEN! CUTE! AAAAWWWW

Friends...in minecraft? *Stares sadly at his single player world*

vglocus

Jul 29, 2019
Be careful about venturing into the arena of multiplayer Minecraft. It is awfully hard to go back to SSP afterwards.

So true. I played so much SSP before going into SMP, and now I can't really enjoy anything other than adventure maps (or Agrarian Skies, such fun!) in single player. It is for some reason a different game in multiplayer.

Reactions: Jadedcat

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, don't even get me started on HQM. I have a hard time playing Minecraft with out HQM at all nowadays. I spend 12+ hours building a mod pack, start a game and within an hour I'm floundering around thinking, "What should I do?"

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
please let me know if i understand this correctly
1. some/most/all/whatever of the mod packs will have HQM installed and enabled.
2. they will still unless specifying otherwise generate a normal world as it would have in earlier versions i.e. no special world gen like AS uses?
3. my understanding of point 1 and 2 means that if i want to i can just toss the HQM book and go punch trees like normal?
4. if point 3 is correct i dont see what the fuss is about, personally i look forward to having a Quest system it will help give some purpose beyond my usual: Build Base > Mine > Automate > Rape the land with Quarrys. Which lets be honest gets kinda boring after awhile.

if I have missunderstood this then please someone correct me

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I think the reason why HQC is getting some flack, is because the general public's knowledge or use of the mod is from AS. People tend to forget that AS was also heavily tweaked, with recipes and items changed to suit the pack's needs.

People are equating HQC with AS crafting mode.

I like the idea behind HQC, and would think that mod creators (or someone with a lot of free time) could use HQC to teach their mods.

Anywho, on topic now.. Can't wait for the new packs. Just need an ETA (equivalent to air... damnit.. I had a good idea for another use for ETA and I forgot it by the time I got home)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I just saw the following from DW20 on Twitter:

Direwolf20 ‏@Direwolf20 1h
Just gave a list of mods I'd like to have in 1.7.10 to @FTB_Team -- Work is beginning on it, but still a way off. Yes New Mods! #NoSpoilers

- and -

Direwolf20 ‏@Direwolf20 58m
And No, sorry, no ETA just yet -- but the fact that work is beginning is a good and promising sign :).

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
please let me know if i understand this correctly
1. some/most/all/whatever of the mod packs will have HQM installed and enabled.
2. they will still unless specifying otherwise generate a normal world as it would have in earlier versions i.e. no special world gen like AS uses?
3. my understanding of point 1 and 2 means that if i want to i can just toss the HQM book and go punch trees like normal?
4. if point 3 is correct i dont see what the fuss is about, personally i look forward to having a Quest system it will help give some purpose beyond my usual: Build Base > Mine > Automate > Rape the land with Quarrys. Which lets be honest gets kinda boring after awhile.

if I have missunderstood this then please someone correct me

Yes to all. Except HQM may be disabled in some packs, there will just be quests if you want to turn them on.

Reactions: INCSlayer

rithrin

Jul 29, 2019
*stares at factorization sculpting in hopes it lives on in one of the official packs*
On the upside tho! Quests! Quests.... shiny Quests. Going to assume server owners can further add there own quests ontop via configs/The mod its self?

Reactions: OEMitchell

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
*stares at factorization sculpting in hopes it lives on in one of the official packs*
On the upside tho! Quests! Quests.... shiny Quests. Going to assume server owners can further add there own quests ontop via configs/The mod its self?
Anyone can add anything they want, no matter what. That's just how modpacks work.

Whether they can add them easily depends on whether the quests have to client-side as well as server-side. If so, then anyone joining the server will have to have the same configs.

rithrin

Jul 29, 2019
Translation: don't bother average bunnie will fail when joining the server as to silly to get the client files?
Kaaaay.
*still stares at factorization*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.