[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
The volcanoes... that was the first thing I though when I tried this modpack out for the first time. Biome consuming volcanoes everywhere. I see Blue Power has an update with small volcanoes. Should I just wait for the smaller volcanoes to create my world or should I just jump in because it could be a while before the pack updates?

(BTW, the pack is running so smoothly. It must be the lack of BoP. It feels awesome to run around at 60 fps.)

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Also regarding those that want Forbidden Magic, it seems the last build on CurseForge was over a month ago, but there is GitHub activity from @SpitefulFox, so if there is a new release or a build in general sometime soon then I will probably add it depending on it's stability. I hope you all can understand my concern with not adding a mod that hasn't been updated in a while.

Don't take that as inactivity.. I'd say look at issue's addressed. Spites fairly reliable and pushes out updates when there's something major or has new idea's. If there's an issue that's major and it needs to be fixed just be sure to report it.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Also what mods are on the liteloader? I'd recomend puting client side mods on there
Only VoxelMap

The volcanoes... that was the first thing I though when I tried this modpack out for the first time. Biome consuming volcanoes everywhere. I see Blue Power has an update with small volcanoes. Should I just wait for the smaller volcanoes to create my world or should I just jump in because it could be a while before the pack updates?

(BTW, the pack is running so smoothly. It must be the lack of BoP. It feels awesome to run around at 60 fps.)
Lol I remember running into the same issue a couple days ago. I posted pics of the volcanoes in the IRC channel and remember them telling me the fixed it lol. I don't think there is a new build on CurseForge though, so I'll wait for that.

Don't take that as inactivity.. I'd say look at issue's addressed. Spites fairly reliable and pushes out updates when there's something major or has new idea's. If there's an issue that's major and it needs to be fixed just be sure to report it.
That's good to know and yah I usually report bugs when I find them. Do you know if they have a jenkins I can grab a build from?

Reactions: EchoingZen

Assault_Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen a mod that fixes the doors texture problems and makes them open with an animation instead of just popping open, I recommend it. Also irl the ore aluminium (or aluminum if you're American) actually comes from bauxite ore, if you could do a name change for aluminium ore to bauxite ore, it would make more sense.

EDIT

Also simply jetpacks would be nice, if implemented I recommend making people go to Mars or asteroids to make them.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen a mod that fixes the doors texture problems and makes them open with an animation instead of just popping open, I recommend it. Also irl the ore aluminium (or aluminum if you're American) actually comes from bauxite ore, if you could do a name change for aluminium ore to bauxite ore, it would make more sense.

EDIT

Also simply jetpacks would be nice, if implemented I recommend making people go to Mars or asteroids to make them.
It's easier for people know it by Aluminum/aluminium (both are IUPAC accepted) rather than Bauxite.

Also probably won't add simply jetpacks because the Mekanism jetpack is pretty decent and I'm not a fan of energy based jetpacks.

On a side note, working on 0.8.x which will be called the The Triple C update (Carriages, Conduits (technically ducts), and the third one is something y'all will have to guess). If I'm not too busy it might be out by tonight.

On a related note to the side note, I will once again no longer be publishing latest versions to FTB (they will only be on Technic).

Edit:
0.8pre1 is live on Technic. DELETE YOUR CONFIG FOLDER BEFORE UPDATING, mmkay?
0.8pre1 Changelog
0.8pre1 Server

Last edited:

Assault_Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
It's easier for people know it by Aluminum/aluminium (both are IUPAC accepted) rather than Bauxite.

Also probably won't add simply jetpacks because the Mekanism jetpack is pretty decent and I'm not a fan of energy based jetpacks.

On a side note, working on 0.8.x which will be called the The Triple C update (Carriages, Conduits (technically ducts), and the third one is something y'all will have to guess). If I'm not too busy it might be out by tonight.

On a related note to the side note, I will once again no longer be publishing latest versions to FTB (they will only be on Technic).

Edit:
0.8pre1 is live on Technic. DELETE YOUR CONFIG FOLDER BEFORE UPDATING, mmkay?
0.8pre1 Changelog
0.8pre1 Server

And now I play the waiting game (for it to come out on FTB launcher)

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I've been enjoying the pack but two questions.

1. Is there any use for tungsten outside of the one nugget for a silky screwdriver? (What's that do anyway?)
2. Is there a reason why I can't see any transfer mode upgrades in NEI or is it a bug?

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I've been enjoying the pack but two questions.

1. Is there any use for tungsten outside of the one nugget for a silky screwdriver? (What's that do anyway?)
2. Is there a reason why I can't see any transfer mode upgrades in NEI or is it a bug?
1. I don't think so actually... maybe bluepower will add somethings that use tungsten down the line.
2. Someone else was having a similar issue. I'll look into, but try relogging/restarting. Apparently that may fix it.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
1. I don't think so actually... maybe bluepower will add somethings that use tungsten down the line.
2. Someone else was having a similar issue. I'll look into, but try relogging/restarting. Apparently that may fix it.
Could I suggest either removing tungsten or adding another use for it then? Adding some extra tiers of jabba barrel upgrades would be my suggestion, maybe add ones that use moon/mars/asteroids materials as well as giant barrels are much more nicer for storing items then huge cells given the lack of DSUs to fill the gap.

As far as the disappearing upgrades go I'll just keep investigating, restarting didn't help but downloading a fresh copy through tekkit worked fine. Maybe it's related to the mods I added? It was only Reika's mods, I'll keep looking though as it seems the item is totally disabled and not just disappearing from NEI which is obviously irritating.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Could I suggest either removing tungsten or adding another use for it then? Adding some extra tiers of jabba barrel upgrades would be my suggestion, maybe add ones that use moon/mars/asteroids materials as well as giant barrels are much more nicer for storing items then huge cells given the lack of DSUs to fill the gap.

As far as the disappearing upgrades go I'll just keep investigating, restarting didn't help but downloading a fresh copy through tekkit worked fine. Maybe it's related to the mods I added? It was only Reika's mods, I'll keep looking though as it seems the item is totally disabled and not just disappearing from NEI which is obviously irritating.
The JABBA barrel idea is great. I'll definitely implement that in a later version and I'll look into that bug with the transfer node upgrades, very strange if it only happens on FTB instances.

Also a major announcement:
I will NO LONGER be providing LATEST VERSION SERVER ZIPS. I'm going to be updating the latest version quite often now (you can call it Flux Galaxy Bleeding heh) and I would highly advise server owners to not attempt to make a server by themselves. Recommended builds are usually pretty stable and come out every 2-3 weeks, so keep your server on that. If you really want to use the latest version on a server then you need to copy the mods from the client instance and remove client only mods yourselves. However, if you do update your server successfully I will provide bug support on GitHub.

And once again I should let everyone know that latest versions are only available on Technic.

Edit: Just ignore that announcement :p

Regards,
ChatFawkes

Last edited:
Reactions: xaositech

xaositech

Jul 29, 2019
You have the nicest changelog, ever!
We will test for you, and I'll report back with ideas, after I go home from the hospital.

Keep up this neat work! ;)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Tungsten never did receive a use in Redpower 2 (of which BP is a spiritual successor) - I had a lot of fun theorising what it might be used for though :D my favourite was some sort of Blutricity-powered lamp - far superior to the usual kind (maybe 15 block radius at full illumination); alas we'll never know what Eloraam had in mind.

Tiers of Jabba barrels sounds like a good plan. Tungsten is a notoriously difficult metal to work with, so some sort of high temperature application would also make sense - perhaps the plasma drive coil for a new tier of rocket? *he says wistfully*

;)

- GwnG

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
If JABBA barrels are a thing then can I suggest thinking about making a cheaper way of getting storage upgrades as well? Just something like adding a recipe for the 3 or 9x versions using space metals or something, as a way of making them as an endgame thing possible without sinking several dozen stacks of iron/redstone into them. Because they can get really expensive really fast as you add tiers.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
If JABBA barrels are a thing then can I suggest thinking about making a cheaper way of getting storage upgrades as well? Just something like adding a recipe for the 3 or 9x versions using space metals or something, as a way of making them as an endgame thing possible without sinking several dozen stacks of iron/redstone into them. Because they can get really expensive really fast as you add tiers.
That sounds like a good idea, maybe I'll implement it.

Also this will make everyone happy: The amount of Meteoric Iron needed to be make future rockets will be halved. Now instead of 2 plates for tier 2 plates, you will have 1 meteoric iron plate and 1 lunarium plate. I've also slightly increased lunarium ore generation because it will be used a lot more now.

xaositech

Jul 29, 2019
Some ideas...

Redlogic/Bluepower, Railcraft anchors/Dimensional anchor duplicates.
Computercraft recipes are too easy, or Opencomputers?
Falling meteors mod in asteroid dimension, small chance, to hunt for dangerous and rare resources?

Assault_Tiger

Jul 29, 2019
Fawkes, if you have a server you can include its IP with the modpack, so all who download get imediate access to a server.

EDIT

If you go through with tihs you could consider adding ICBM for servers that want it for its items or to PVP, A server that doesnt want it can easily just remove the mod, it wont prevent people from joining.