[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
SoL doesn't really provide an incentive to do this though. Some apples, a juicer, and a growthcraft fishtrap provide 6 different foods I think. The rest of the mod is just annoying usage of the lunchbox. It might be more bearable if the lunchbox held more food.

Unrelated: are extra utilities solar generators considered "balanced" in this pack? I recall the mekanism ones requiring resources from the moon.
I kept it at 6 specifically so you need 1 extra food outside of the lunch box xD. Would be nice if the slots could be configurable though so then I'd just increase it to 7 slots.

Also I haven't done anything with any ExU generators, most of them got nerfed by RWTema anyway.

Edit: 0.7.15 is live on Technic as a latest version. Later today, I will finish writing the changelog and then submit it to FTB as a non-recommended version.

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
My solution has been to keep 6+ berries handy as a "palate cleanser".
Yah sometimes I just end up eating only berries since they "kinda bypass" the diminishing returns. Apparently Thaumic Tinkerer has an item that can fill hunger/saturation (which avoids diminishing returns) so I'm probably gonna get into Thaumcraft this weekend.

Edit:
Just submitted 0.7.15 to the FTB 3rd Party team, so it should be live within a couple of days (it's already live on Technic as a latest version).

0.7.15 Changelog

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Can I give some suggestions?
Could you add Ars Magica 2, animation API and some of it's addons? (If possible ofc)
Hey thanks for the suggestions, but I won't be adding Ars Magica 2 because the crreator is no longer going to be maintaining it (I think he just released a last update). Also I feel like we have more than enough magic mods at the moment.

Edit: I should also mention that 0.7.15 is live as a non-recommended version on FTB.

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, I tried to install 0.7.15 (from scratch, this was my first time trying FluxGalaxy) and it was just a vanilla minecraft. Got: Error while downloading modpack: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://losangeles1.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/privatepacks/FluxGalaxy/0_7_15/FluxGalaxy.zip

So it looks like 0.7.15 isn't quite up on the launcher yet.
Thanks for letting me know. Can you try using the CurseCDN location? Sometimes creeperhost doesnt mirror the files correctly.

Also I submitted 0.7.16 to FTB last night. It's already live on the Technic Launcher.

0.7.16 Changelog

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for letting me know. Can you try using the CurseCDN location? Sometimes creeperhost doesnt mirror the files correctly.

Also I submitted 0.7.16 to FTB last night. It's already live on the Technic Launcher.

0.7.16 Changelog
I set the download location to curseCDN and it still tried to download from creeperhost. Not sure what's up with that.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
Submitted to FTB is not the same as approved and on the launcher. :( It should be up with a day or two if history is anything to base it off of.
Yeah, I was just letting ChatFawkes know that 0.7.15 really wasn't up yet, when he had reported that it was up. (It shows on the launcher now, but doesn't work.) Not a big deal. I actually think 3+ days to get changes accepted and pushed is one of the biggest weaknesses of the ftb launcher, though.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Yah I usually say it will be up in a day or two when I say I submitted it to FTB, but I figured most people know that by now so I stopped mentioning it.

You guys are always free to play the pack via the Technic Launcher though. Updates will always be first over there because I have complete control over the pack and hosting there. Also updates on Technic will only download the mods that are updated for each new version, instead of all the mods everytime. So it saves me and you bandwidth :)

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Suggestion:
Thermal Smeltery
Fluxed Trinkets

Question: will you add HQM to the mod pack

Those are nice little mods, but unfortunately I don't really want to add them to the pack. Feel free to add them to your own instance though :)

Also regarding HQM: No plans of adding HQM.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
How did you get Zan's Minimap? (or voxelmap or whatever the default map is). I would like to transfer it to other packs for my client because i know it better than the other map mods and i like the simplistic feel.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
How did you get Zan's Minimap? (or voxelmap or whatever the default map is). I would like to transfer it to other packs for my client because i know it better than the other map mods and i like the simplistic feel.
You need to install Liteloader (just place it in the ../mods/1.7.10/ folder). Place any litemods in the ../mods/ folder. You can get Voxel Map from here.

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
Hey ChatFawkes, please be so kind and take a look into my crashfile.

I updated to 7.17 today and while i'm able to generate a new world, im crashing on starting my old world and yes, obviously i want to play my old world :)

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/entity/EntityClientPlayerMP
at uk.co.qmunity.lib.part.compat.fmp.FMPPartFactory.createPart(FMPPartFactory.java:47)
at codechicken.multipart.MultiPartRegistry$$anonfun$registerParts$1.apply(MultiPartRegistry.scala:67)
at codechicken.multipart.MultiPartRegistry$$anonfun$registerParts$1.apply(MultiPartRegistry.scala:67)
at codechicken.multipart.MultiPartRegistry$$anonfun$registerParts$2$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(MultiPartRegistry.scala:88)
at codechicken.multipart.MultiPartRegistry$$anonfun$registerParts$2$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(MultiPartRegistry.scala:88)
at codechicken.multipart.MultiPartRegistry$.createPart(MultiPartRegistry.scala:164)
at codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart$$anonfun$createFromNBT$1.apply(TileMultipart.scala:664)
at codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart$$anonfun$createFromNBT$1.apply(TileMultipart.scala:660)
at scala.collection.immutable.Range.foreach(Range.scala:160)
at codechicken.multipart.TileMultipart$.createFromNBT(TileMultipart.scala:660)
at codechicken.multipart.handler.MultipartSaveLoad$.loadTiles(MultipartSaveLoad.scala:64)
at codechicken.multipart.handler.MultipartEventHandler$.tileEntityLoad(MultipartEventHandler.scala:24)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_726_MultipartEventHandler$_tileEntityLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:42)
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:12)
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.skipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:344)
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.getSkipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:302)
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.syncChunkLoad(ChunkIOExecutor.java:12)
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:126)
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101)
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:199)
at mods.immibis.chunkloader.porting.ChunkLoadInterface132.addChunk(ChunkLoadInterface132.java:106)
at mods.immibis.chunkloader.DimensionalAnchors.loadForcedWorlds(DimensionalAnchors.java:238)
at mods.immibis.chunkloader.DimensionalAnchors.onTickInGame(DimensionalAnchors.java:552)
at mods.immibis.core.api.porting.PortableBaseMod$TickEventServerHandler.tickEventServer(PortableBaseMod.java:13)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_579_TickEventServerHandler_tickEventServer_ServerTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPreServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:260)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:536)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.entity.EntityClientPlayerMP
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:101)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 34 more

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hey ChatFawkes, please take a look to my crashfile.

I updated to 7.17 today and while i'm able to generate a new world, im crashing on starting my old world and yes, obviously i want to play my old world :)
Hmm that's interesting. Give me sometime and let me try to find a fix for it (or at least report it to the devs).

Edit: In the meanwhile make a backup and try removing Dimensional Anchors and see if you can load the world?

Edit2: Will be pushing 0.7.17a later tonight. Apparently there is an issue with parts loading in the version of QmunityLib that we are using. I will downgrade QmunityLib (back to 0.1.69) tonight.

Last edited: