[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
I read in earlier comments that Deadly World was ok to remove without breaking progression. What about Botania and Thaumcraft? Can they be removed or are they needed to progress?
Both of those can be removed as well yeah. Required things are mostly from the moon/mars, with Osmium needed from Mekanism for some things

Reactions: Albeleo

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I should probably make a list of mods that can't be removed.

Also I'm working on 0.7.0 which will include Interstellar Ores and should hopefully be a release version. I would recommend a world reset, but it is NOT required just highly suggested :p. I will probably add an alert via YAMPST, so people will know before updating.

Also I will probably enable retrogen (by default) for the new Lunarium ore, so it generates in old chunks. This means the old lunarium ore and chunks will go back to being cheese, and will be pretty much useless.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
So I should wait for .7.0 before starting an LP on this...because I am looking for a pack to do a SSP LP on

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I should probably make a list of mods that can't be removed.

Also I'm working on 0.7.0 which will include Interstellar Ores and should hopefully be a release version. I would recommend a world reset, but it is NOT required just highly suggested :p. I will probably add an alert via YAMPST, so people will know before updating.

Also I will probably enable retrogen (by default) for the new Lunarium ore, so it generates in old chunks. This means the old lunarium ore and chunks will go back to being cheese, and will be pretty much useless.
Let me do a quick release of 1.0.1 to finalize the dropping of ores that drop items

EDIT: it's done, https://github.com/Zerrens/InterstellarOres/releases . Redownload, it's got the same name.

Last edited:

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Both of those can be removed as well yeah. Required things are mostly from the moon/mars, with Osmium needed from Mekanism for some things

I made a new world to see if this would actually help my lag (I have a laptop that's not particularly powerful/no dedicated graphics card). I added Fastcraft and Optifine (which I had in my previous world), removed Deadly World, Thaumcraft, and Botania.

Seriously, it's like I'm playing a completely different game. It's at least two, if not three, times faster.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I made a new world to see if this would actually help my lag (I have a laptop that's not particularly powerful/no dedicated graphics card). I added Fastcraft and Optifine (which I had in my previous world), removed Deadly World, Thaumcraft, and Botania.

Seriously, it's like I'm playing a completely different game. It's at least two, if not three, times faster.
Hmm that is definitely interesting to hear. My laptop is fairly decent, so I usually never worry about lag/low-fps, but I still use fastcraft as it helps a lot with world generation.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm that is definitely interesting to hear. My laptop is fairly decent, so I usually never worry about lag/low-fps, but I still use fastcraft as it helps a lot with world generation.
The magic mods seem to be what does it for me. I've had lag issues with both Ars Magica and Thaumcraft for awhile now, and all those super fancy particle effects for the Botania flowers did not help. Tech mods (other than GregTech) are usually fine for me, as long as I don't do something really overboard/stupid.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
The magic mods seem to be what does it for me. I've had lag issues with both Ars Magica and Thaumcraft for awhile now, and all those super fancy particle effects for the Botania flowers did not help. Tech mods (other than GregTech) are usually fine for me, as long as I don't do something really overboard/stupid.
In the Botania configs you can completely turn off the particle effects. No need to remove the mod, it's very streamlined computationally the particle effects are the only laggy issue I have found but my computer can handle it.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
In the Botania configs you can completely turn off the particle effects. No need to remove the mod, it's very streamlined computationally the particle effects are the only laggy issue I have found but my computer can handle it.
I may try to turn it back on for a later world without the particle effects. Botania looks really interesting.

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
I may try to turn it back on for a later world without the particle effects. Botania looks really interesting.
Does Botania still generate flowers way too often and in completely random clusters? Because that's what turned me off of it before

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Does Botania still generate flowers way too often and in completely random clusters? Because that's what turned me off of it before
The amount of flowers has been lowered compared to old versions. I forget which version, but a while back the amount of flowers was halved.

Also got a bug report: Fortune picks don't increase drops from Lunarium Ore (using 1.0.1)

Edit: Also I was updating the CoFH oregen files and I realized we will also be needing platinum ore for mars. I'll make an issue for each thing on your GitHub, so it's easier to track.

Last edited:

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
The amount of flowers has been lowered compared to old versions. I forget which version, but a while back the amount of flowers was halved.

HALVED??? Wow, I thought the worldgen was already rather spammy as-is. I can't imagine twice as many flowers. You wouldn't even have any grass left!

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019

Also got a bug report: Fortune picks don't increase drops from Lunarium Ore (using 1.0.1)

Edit: Also I was updating the CoFH oregen files and I realized we will also be needing platinum ore for mars. I'll make an issue for each thing on your GitHub, so it's easier to track.
Check github and download v1.0.2. It adds platinum ores for moon and mars rock, and makes gem ores work with fortune. Any more feature requests put on the issue tracker and I'll get around to them. That's a really good spot for them.

https://github.com/Zerrens/InterstellarOres/releases

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on 062a, and NEI doesn't list the recipie for the AE presses. In fact, it doesn't show the presses at all. Have they been moved to dungeon loot chests?