[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Alright 0.7.0 is now live on Technic and zips are available on the website. The zips are now hosted on File Dropper because I reached my bandwidth limit with AWS :p

Reactions: Seba13xp

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Alright for those that that want to use Cauldron please use the 1.1231.04.209 patch since 0.7.0 is still on Forge 10.13.2.1231. The latest patch (210) uses Forge 10.13.2.1236, so that might cause issues for clients connecting with an older forge version.

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO conduits don't seem to be connecting to Galacticraft machines.I don't know enough about the current Galacticraft, so is this expected?

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO conduits don't seem to be connecting to Galacticraft machines.I don't know enough about the current Galacticraft, so is this expected?
What are you having a problem with: energy or liquid conduits?

EnderIO energy conduits will look like they're connected on all sides, but GC machines only have 1 input side that accepts energy.

EDIT: Awesome thing. Didn't know GC now accepts Mekanism oxygen in its system. A couple electrolysis machines and I've got oxygen5days.

Double edit:

I'm working on my 16x texture pack that happens to include most of these mods. A few of the textures aren't mine so I won't redistribute those (they're CyanideX's Unity textures), but if anyone is interested I can upload the modules.

I HIGHLY value continuity in spirtes. All gears have the same shape, all ingots have similar textures (iron/steel are more rough, platinum/silver are shiny)

LOTS of animated textures. Charged certus quartz has an awesome pulsating energy ring inside of the crystal. Things like that.

Spoiler
ig0253U.png

Blocks:
http://i.imgur.com/3nqcmiU.png
http://i.imgur.com/s5hh4Dg.png
http://i.imgur.com/HH7gwAK.png

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019
What are you having a problem with: energy or liquid conduits?

EnderIO energy conduits will look like they're connected on all sides, but GC machines only have 1 input side that accepts energy.

I'm using energy conduits, where the power was connected to the "green" spot on the Galacticraft machine. The machines were setup and functioning prior to 070, and now the conduits act as if its the wrong side. I wasn't able to do much "testing" before I had go to bed. So I don't know if the power side has moved. Currently, the conduits act as if the machine isn't a valid object to connect too.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I'll look into the Energy Conduit issue later tonight. I saw some recent commits related to EnderIO (on the GC github), but those came after I compiled 3.0.6.FG14.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so I did and some testing and found out I can't power the GC machines the following ways: via energy conduits, transfer node (energy), or even with a energy cell directly attached. The only things that were working are the Mekanism universal cables. Gonna compile a version with the recent commits to see if the problems are fixed.

TDarkShadow

Jul 29, 2019
This is more a suggestion instead of a request but are you willing to enable the Elevator from OpenBlocks with the following recipe change? :p
Using 2x wool, 4x Bonemeal (or other white dye), Travel Anchor from Ender IO, Etheric Platform from Thaumic Tinkerer and Levitator from Thaumcraft.

Code:
# Declare variables
val Elevator = <OpenBlocks:elevator>;
val Platform = <ThaumicTinkerer:platform>;
val TravelAn = <EnderIO:blockTravelAnchor>;
val Levitator = <Thaumcraft:blockLifter>;

# Change recipe for elevator
recipes.remove(Elevator);

recipes.addShaped(Elevator,
[[<ore:dyeWhite>, Platform, <ore:dyeWhite>],
  [<ore:blockCloth>, TravelAn, <ore:blockCloth>],
  [<ore:dyeWhite>, Levitator, <ore:dyeWhite>]]);

# A little tooltip
Elevator.addTooltip(format.darkAqua(format.italic("<Flux Shift>")));
Elevator.addShiftTooltip(format.darkPurple("Requires contraptions"));
Elevator.addShiftTooltip(format.darkPurple("from various mods"));

Reactions: ChatFawkes

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Main reason I disabled the elevator was because it made those blocks kinda useless, but I think that is a good recipe change so I will add it. Also thanks for using the format I use for my scripts :)

Reactions: TDarkShadow

TDarkShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Main reason I disabled the elevator was because it made those blocks kinda useless, but I think that is a good recipe change so I will add it. Also thanks for using the format I use for my scripts :)
It's only normal to include the format :p
Thanks again for your amazing pack.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance you could make the recipe not rely on Thaumcraft? I'm sure there's some equally difficult to obtain things from the great list of tech mods that could be substituted.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance you could make the recipe not rely on Thaumcraft? I'm sure there's some equally difficult to obtain things from the great list of tech mods that could be substituted.
I could have two recipes: one that uses the levitator and one that uses the travel anchor.

Reactions: Albeleo

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
I could have two recipes: one that uses the levitator and one that uses the travel anchor.
Money!

EDIT: Speaking of Thaumcraft, I'm assuming there is an Extra Utilities recipe that uses something from Thaumcraft? After removing TC4, I get this error message every time I start the game:

[21:24:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] ERROR: ExtraUtilities.zs:42: Could not resolve <Thaumcraft : ItemResource : 16>
[21:24:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] ERROR: Error executing ExtraUtilities.zs: stanhebben.zenscript.value.IAny.as(Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Class;

Last edited:

TDarkShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I would make the one sided recipe more difficult then, to push people to try Thaumcraft and/or EnderIO.
Like instead of the Thaumcraft items, Vibrating ingots / Ender Crystals. And instead of EnderIO, Golum Upgrade Air or something like that.
Just making suggestions here :p

Also, if I have more suggestions (like extra mods or altered / added recipes), should I place them in this thread or on the Flux Galaxy github?