[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I don't think they're supposed to be that rare. Also, I don't think I've found a King Slime since Minecraft 1.5.2.
They are supposed to spawn in the slime water on the islands.

Also 0.6.2 is live on the FTB launcher now :) (non-recommended). Aiming for 0.6.4 (possibly 0.6.3) to be the next stable/recommended version.

Stephenmc608

Jul 29, 2019
They are supposed to spawn in the slime water on the islands.

Also 0.6.2 is live on the FTB launcher now :) (non-recommended). Aiming for 0.6.4 (possibly 0.6.3) to be the next stable/recommended version.

Yeah, I saw that when I woke up, but I can't seem to get it on my server. It keeps trying to download the 0.5.11 version. Do I just have to wait?

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I saw that when I woke up, but I can't seem to get it on my server. It keeps trying to download the 0.5.11 version. Do I just have to wait?
Did you select 0.6.2 in the drop down menu? Once you have it selected you can download the server version too. I all mirror the client and server zips on my website.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Do i have to do a retrogen or something to get harvestcraft stuff in an existing world?
I don't think it's possible to retrogen the harvestcraft stuff. I'm debating whether or not to make all seeds obtainable from grass because of that. Right now I only have a few set to drop from grass.

skyblade22

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's possible to retrogen the harvestcraft stuff. I'm debating whether or not to make all seeds obtainable from grass because of that. Right now I only have a few set to drop from grass.
could add them as chest drops too

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
What a great idea. Would you be interested in a (very) small mod that adds multiple variants of ores that have similar textures to the stone they generate in? IE, Moonstone iron and gold ore, Asteroid rock shiny/diamond, etc. It would greatly help to bring in a fuller experience in my opinion, as texture edges can be quite jarring. I can add in some real Lunarium ore, as well. Every ore and stone combination that has no generation capability and has to be done via CoFHCore.

On topic, for personal changes, I've added in VERY small amounts of Yellorium ore to Jungles and Tundra biomes so a 3^3 reactor can be built, but I've decreased the power output of the reactors by 50%. Obsidian also generates in small pockets near bedrock on the Moon and Mars to simulate a once larger molten core. You've got a great modpack here!

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Would you be interested in a (very) small mod that adds multiple variants of ores that have similar textures to the stone they generate in? IE, Moonstone iron and gold ore, Asteroid rock shiny/diamond, etc. It would greatly help to bring in a fuller experience in my opinion, as texture edges can be quite jarring.
That would be really awesome actually! I was messing around with the Beyond Reality pack and I noticed they had custom textured ores for Moon and Mars, which I thought was pretty damn cool.

Obsidian also generates in small pockets near bedrock on the Moon and Mars to simulate a once larger molten core
Ohh that is a pretty good idea, I read an article sometime ago that said NASA had found evidence of molten material on the moon, so that would be pretty neat to have.

On topic, for personal changes, I've added in VERY small amounts of Yellorium ore to Jungles and Tundra biomes so a 3^3 reactor can be built, but I've decreased the power output of the reactors by 50%.
As for the Yellorite I think I will leave that on Mars, because the reactors already have a slightly lowered output in the pack and there isn't any way (that I know of) to make yellorium renewable.

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a github setup for the ores. You can watch progress here. It shouldn't take but a few hours maximum due to how simple it is, but I don't think I can start work on it until tomorrow.
It'll be quite a lot of ore blocks: all metals using Moon Stone, all metals using Mars Stone, and all metals using Asteroid Stone (3). I'll do a select few gem ores, as well (Asteroid Quartz and Diamond). No generation properties, literally the most basic mod. I'll need to fish up all the oredictionary entries though.

Reactions: ChatFawkes

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a github setup for the ores. You can watch progress here. It shouldn't take but a few hours maximum due to how simple it is, but I don't think I can start work on it until tomorrow.
It'll be quite a lot of ore blocks: all metals using Moon Stone, all metals using Mars Stone, and all metals using Asteroid Stone (3). I'll do a select few gem ores, as well (Asteroid Quartz and Diamond). No generation properties, literally the most basic mod. I'll need to fish up all the oredictionary entries though.
Sounds great and once again thanks for doing this! It's things like this that makes this community so awesome.

Also 0.6.3 is live on my website and submitted to FTB for approval. Didn't get time to set it up on Technic yet, but I will probably do that later tonight.

Edit: I have currently made the 0.6.3 zip on my website private because of a server-side bug caused by EnderZoo, but has been fixed in the latest build. Will be uploading a 0.6.3a version later tonight.

Last edited:

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
This is a 100% interest project now, since I plan to use the modpack myself. I've got a lot of code done unexpectedly and will push it to github in the morning (honestly it's mostly derivative from Pahimar's tutorial series because I haven't had the chance to see how 1.7 is different from 1.6 and the code is there/free so why not).

I'm texturing a lot of things as well, and would like some input since I'm just the tech here:
• Any extra 'gate' ores/gems you need? e.g Lunarium. I've made it it's own ore that drops chunks (with a config option to make Fortune work on it) so the cheese can go back to being.. cheese.
• To the above, any gate ITEMS? I can add in a (for example) Lunarium Plate texture and item that has no recipe that you can configure via ModTweaker for crafting in the Rolling Machine.
• Are you interested in things more than ores? e.g the Meteoric Iron meteors.
• Thaumcraft infused stone on the other planets?
• What stone types do you explicitly need? I can do all of them (Nether, End, Moon, Mars, Asteroid) but if I had a set amount it would go a bit faster.

Another One Bites the Dust should catch all my oredict ores and add in dust formats, so I don't have to make those (I assume).

Don't hold back the ideas. Adding in blocks and items is as easy as a line of code at this point.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
so the cheese can go back to being.. cheese.
Haha I don't know why, but that got me laughing pretty hard xD

I think a plate for Lunarium would be nice to have because it would be better to use that for the AE2 press recipes.

I have increased Meteor spawning (as of 0.6.2, thanks to @BitHorder), so I don't think we will be needing that either.

I don't think any more ores are needed besides the ones currently generating in those dimensions.

Perhaps maybe just blocks for the BluePower metals (zinc and tungsten), in case I add them them to the ore-gen. I would have suggested peridot/olivine since that can be found in meteorites/asteroids, but we don't have Project Red.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Alright 0.6.3a is live on my website and Technic (as a latest version). It's also submitted to FTB for approval and will appear as 0.6.3 when it's live.

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
First teaser. It's just a image, not an in game screenshot since I don't have Galacticraft in my dev environment yet.
qaEGuyR.png

Lunarium ore within some moon stone. I wanted it to be.. odd? Not alien, but definitely a mystical material that can produce advanced technology.
Feedback on the art? (the item is a similarly colored lump of the stuff, and the plate follows suit)

Jul 29, 2019
Crash with 623a:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// There are four lights!

Time: 11/6/14 1:28 AM
Description: Ticking block entity

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: openmods/utils/VanillaAnvilLogic
at openblocks.common.tileentity.TileEntityAutoAnvil.repairItem(TileEntityAutoAnvil.java:137)
at openblocks.common.tileentity.TileEntityAutoAnvil.func_145845_h(TileEntityAutoAnvil.java:128)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: openmods.utils.VanillaAnvilLogic
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at openblocks.common.tileentity.TileEntityAutoAnvil.repairItem(TileEntityAutoAnvil.java:137)
at openblocks.common.tileentity.TileEntityAutoAnvil.func_145845_h(TileEntityAutoAnvil.java:128)

-- Block entity being ticked --
Details:
Name: openblocks_autoanvil // openblocks.common.tileentity.TileEntityAutoAnvil
Block type: ID #1468 (tile.openblocks.autoanvil // openblocks.common.block.BlockAutoAnvil)
Block data value: 5 / 0x5 / 0b0101
Block location: World: (147,66,39), Chunk: (at 3,4,7 in 9,2; contains blocks 144,0,32 to 159,255,47), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Actual block type: ID #1468 (tile.openblocks.autoanvil // openblocks.common.block.BlockAutoAnvil)
Actual block data value: 5 / 0x5 / 0b0101
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)

------

Looking at the OpenMods website, why do we have open perhipery when there is this notice posted on the Jenkis website:
Project OpenPeripheralCore
WARNING

This mod is not fully ported to 1.7 yet. It will start, but there is no integration.
That means that there are NO peripherals in there (except for ones that are explicitly added by mods like OpenPeripheralAddons).

By downloading this snapshot you acknowledge, that I will shout like a maniac at you if you create Github issue titled "inventory function not working"

------

Edit 2: This is the error everone on my server sees when they timeout:

Console : [02:03:16] [Thread-16/WARN] [FML]: =============================================================
Console : [02:03:16] [Thread-16/WARN] [FML]: MOD HAS DIRECT REFERENCE System.exit() THIS IS NOT ALLOWED REROUTING TO FML!
Console : [02:03:16] [Thread-16/WARN] [FML]: Offendor: org/luaj/vm2/lib/OsLib.exit(I)V
Console : [02:03:16] [Thread-16/WARN] [FML]: Use FMLCommonHandler.exitJava instead
Console : [02:03:16] [Thread-16/WARN] [FML]: =============================================================

No sure what mod is causing this

-----

Edit 3: I was able to resolve the above crash with the following open mod updates. It seems people can log into the server without them though *shrug*.

OpenBlocks-1.7.10-1.3-snapshot-467.jar
OpenModsLib-1.7.10-0.6-snapshot-239.jar

Last edited: