[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
@ChatFawkes I believe compact Machines has various teirs which increase the size of the internal space you can work with. Any eta for 0.6.X for FTB launcher, if not I will multimc it.

Edit: Also I'm currently streaming *gasps* http://www.twitch.tv/yarma92

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I think if you active the MobHeads module in Iguana Tweaks you will have more EnderIO heads since this module supposedly will take control of all head drops.
I'll check that out thanks.

@ChatFawkes I believe compact Machines has various teirs which increase the size of the internal space you can work with. Any eta for 0.6.X for FTB launcher, if not I will multimc it.

Edit: Also I'm currently streaming *gasps* http://www.twitch.tv/yarma92
No idea when the FTB Team will approve, we just goyta be patient and wait. Here is a link the client zip if you want to use it with MultiMC.

Also if you want I can add your stream link to the OP.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing, and aah the recipe changes are gonna be the death of me. Thankfully, I managed to find around like 36 steel in mine cart chests in a mine shaft and now steel lackage is a thing of the past...now to collect more iron and automate my biogas generator..

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing, and aah the recipe changes are gonna be the death of me. Thankfully, I managed to find around like 36 steel in mine cart chests in a mine shaft and now steel lackage is a thing of the past...now to collect more iron and automate my biogas generator..
Yah I wanted to give steel more of a use in this pack. Also which bio generator? Personally, I use the Mekanism one (mostly cause the model is pretty cool :p).

skyblade22

Jul 29, 2019
Jeez, need 164 meteors for 1 tier 3 rocket X_x
Also has anyone found a jungle biome? Been looking for ages... They aren't disabled or anything like that right?

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Jeez, need 164 meteors for 1 tier 3 rocket X_x
Also has anyone found a jungle biome? Been looking for ages... They aren't disabled or anything like that right?
Not that I know of, it should be just default vanilla generation. I use AMIDST to check out seeds before I use them. The only biomes it can't map are the Thaumcraft or Buildcraft ones.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I was messing around with the meteor generation, and managed to increased the frequency thanks to the help of @BitHorder, but I still have to tweak to the right number (don't want too many :p). Also from some testing I found that if you use TiCon Autosmelt + Fortune tool then you can get can get multiple meteoric iron ingots out of a fallen meteor.

Reactions: Balorn

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Yah I wanted to give steel more of a use in this pack. Also which bio generator? Personally, I use the Mekanism one (mostly cause the model is pretty cool :p).
Mekanism's, for now anyway. May try out Forestry's sooner or later, will need a bit more bronze before getting into that I assume.

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Hm i tried to download the server but i keep getting a Permgen space error.. Any ideas about what i'm doing wrong? :/

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hm i tried to download the server but i keep getting a Permgen space error.. Any ideas about what i'm doing wrong? :/
Hmm I thought the ftb launcher (assuming that's what you're using) sets it to 256 by default.

You can go to the Options Tab --> Advanced Options --> Addition Java Parameters and in the Additional Java Parameters field paste: -XX:permSize=192m

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I thought the ftb launcher (assuming that's what you're using) sets it to 256 by default.

You can go to the Options Tab --> Advanced Options --> Addition Java Parameters and in the Additional Java Parameters field paste: -XX:permSize=192m
nvm.. Actually i downloaded the server from the flux galaxy website. I was suppose to run the ServerStart bat file instead of the ForgeServer jar xD
I noticed too that the 0.6pre1 is different from the current version of Flux Galaxy on the FTB launcher as well in that it's more updated~

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
nvm.. Actually i downloaded the server from the flux galaxy website. I was suppose to run the ServerStart bat file instead of the ForgeServer jar xD
I noticed too that the 0.6pre1 is different from the current version of Flux Galaxy on the FTB launcher as well in that it's more updated~
Yah it has to be approved by someone on the team, before its available on the FTB launcher. I'll make the client zips available on the site as well.

HertelD

Jul 29, 2019
oookay, i think i won't be able to play with this pack for a while. my GPU died yesterday, i don't have a replacement. :D

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I dont like doing suggestions to mod packs, since suggestions are usually about a mod players like to use even if it doesnt make sense in the mod pack and that annoys me a lot but... I really think Modular Power Suits is something that could fit very well in the pack! We are going to space, after all :p

Some tweaks on the recipes so some of the more power abilities are not available until mid/late game and it would work nicely!! (Like, only jet boots until you get out in space. Once you progress you discover 'new technology' for the suit)

Latest versions are at http://build.technicpack.net/view/MachineMuse/, dont look at the official site.[DOUBLEPOST=1414329582][/DOUBLEPOST]I would also advise to use the latest stable version of InventoryTweaks instead of the dev one.
Seems its not to efficient... Sometimes my game hangs while sorting the inventory or dumping stuff on barrels.

It also has a lot of console debug spam....

Last edited:

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
And to add on, some minor incompatabilities with TE Strongboxes, but again these are minor and who even needs organization for those chests on the go anyway?

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'll be damned, I thought I disabled Nether Titanium.

I dont like doing suggestions to mod packs, since suggestions are usually about a mod players like to use even if it doesnt make sense in the mod pack and that annoys me a lot but... I really think Modular Power Suits is something that could fit very well in the pack! We are going to space, after all :p

Some tweaks on the recipes so some of the more power abilities are not available until mid/late game and it would work nicely!! (Like, only jet boots until you get out in space. Once you progress you discover 'new technology' for the suit)

Latest versions are at http://build.technicpack.net/view/MachineMuse/, dont look at the official site.[DOUBLEPOST=1414329582][/DOUBLEPOST]I would also advise to use the latest stable version of InventoryTweaks instead of the dev one.
Seems its not to efficient... Sometimes my game hangs while sorting the inventory or dumping stuff on barrels.

It also has a lot of console debug spam....
Yah some others have been suggesting MPS as well. Main reason I didn't want to put it in was because the dark steel armour is already pretty good and MPS kinda makes everything else kinda useless. I'll see though because it does fit in well with the space theme.

As for InvTweaks, I'll look into using a stable version.

And to add on, some minor incompatabilities with TE Strongboxes, but again these are minor and who even needs organization for those chests on the go anyway?
I remember reading an issue about that being an issue on TE's side because they have to add support for invtweaks to the satchels and strongboxes.

Also what are your guys thoughts on having the farming station (from enderio) require stuff from space? I kinda want people to use other farms first instead of going directly for that.[DOUBLEPOST=1414339631][/DOUBLEPOST]
oookay, i think i won't be able to play with this pack for a while. my GPU died yesterday, i don't have a replacement. :D
Damn that sucks :( Hopefully you can get a new one soon.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'll be damned, I thought I disabled Nether Titanium.
Actually, it is! Maybe the nether chunks were generated on a previous version when it wanst disabled?
As for InvTweaks, I'll look into using a stable version.
I switched to version 1.59-dev-152 since its the last 'official' version and its the one used in other 1.7.10 packs. Still a dev version, so still have spam in the console but seems to cause less issues. Not sure yet. Usually, my client starts having issues after 1-2 hours, becomes slower, with more lag spikes and when it starts doing this, managing inventories also becomes a pain. Lets see how it behaves with this version. I also was using Jorney Map and had to disable it. It is so resource heavy that after a while I had to restart the client to be able to go back to 'normal FPS'.

On a different context, can anyone explain me what 'Base fuel energy' means in Thermal Expansion upgrades means?
I would assume its less fuel used but the power output upgrades also say 'Yx fuel consumed' and '-y% base fuel energy'.

Is it like dynamo produces 2x more power, uses 2x more fuel but fuel is less efficient so in reality it will spend 2x plus 15% fuel?