[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

insomx

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all,
First thanks to all who came to yesterday's stream. @ http://www.twitch.tv/insomx
The stream was quiet (except my cat trying to catch a ghost in the house lol) but we made a lot of progress towards ender pearls (almost 4x16 now) and fully upgraded armor with speed 3 , empower iv leggings + some boss gear with last stand ii. We even got a vorpal blade from some boss but neverthless the cleaver made out of manyullyn head + 2 papers made it possible to upgrade it to both luck III and 30 dmg @ lvl 0 (clumsy)
Tonight (friday evening for europe and noon for usa) the stream will focus on Galacticraft and all the machines needed to make t1 rockets as fast as possible (multiple rolling machines and mekanism stuff etc.)
So tonight many technical stuff will be covered in Galacticraft and maybe thaumcraft (as we got to t7 and identified almost every item in game) so if you want to have a peek on the process or just wanna learn new ways just hop into the stream and feel free to ask anything http://www.twitch.tv/insomx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

insomx

Jul 29, 2019
Yah there a couple administration type mods like that. ESM and Forge Essentials to name two. Main reason I don't include them is because I think it should be up to server admins to add what they want. Only server-side mod I added was Morpheus.

Also regarding ProjectE:
I have decided to go ahead and not include ProjectE at all. Even at end-game it kinda defeats the purpose for a lot of other end-game stuff. Also disabling all the possible ways to get infinite emc will be a pretty hard task and will probably end up messing up recipes from other mods. So if this bums you out, then sorry. Luckily 1.7 allows mods to be added easily and MineTweaker allows servers to use their own recipes, so you can add it and "balance" it even if you run a server. Will be updating changelog tonight. Luckily 0.6pre1 wasn't approved yet, so I will re-submit with the fixed modlist, configs, and scripts.

I agree on this. Looking how even the most fair-players tend to find exploits, i am sure project e was meant to test one's will against cheating and human beings have a weakness when it comes to do things easiest way possible even it means exploiting some mechanic because our cells are programmed to do stuff as easy as possible in the shortest time.

That's core reason i still havent played mad pack 2 more than 3 hours. Prj E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HertelD

Jul 29, 2019
Yah there a couple administration type mods like that. ESM and Forge Essentials to name two. Main reason I don't include them is because I think it should be up to server admins to add what they want. Only server-side mod I added was Morpheus.

Also regarding ProjectE:
I have decided to go ahead and not include ProjectE at all. Even at end-game it kinda defeats the purpose for a lot of other end-game stuff. Also disabling all the possible ways to get infinite emc will be a pretty hard task and will probably end up messing up recipes from other mods. So if this bums you out, then sorry. Luckily 1.7 allows mods to be added easily and MineTweaker allows servers to use their own recipes, so you can add it and "balance" it even if you run a server. Will be updating changelog tonight. Luckily 0.6pre1 wasn't approved yet, so I will re-submit with the fixed modlist, configs, and scripts.

ProfMobius' AdminCommandsToolbox mod would be another useful addition too, because MC1.7.10 has some pretty bad tps/fps drops when genning new chunks. at least for me, there were cases when the pack crashed because chunk ticking got too high. pregenerating terrain would immensely help.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
ProfMobius' AdminCommandsToolbox mod would be another useful addition too, because MC1.7.10 has some pretty bad tps/fps drops when genning new chunks. at least for me, there were cases when the pack crashed because chunk ticking got too high. pregenerating terrain would immensely help.
I would say that falls on the server/optimization mods category.

Mods like that should be manually installed since if you know how and why to use them you also know how to had them. If you don't know, you will not use them and are only adding extra weight to the pack.

Specially the ACT, its a mod you run to generate the world and then it should be disabled since it has no more use

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

TristanTheViking

Jul 29, 2019
A suggestion for a mod to add: compact machines. It lets you go into little boxes and set up machines inside them, so that you could have for example a block that inputs seeds and outputs wheat, by putting a farm inside the block. It's a cool little mod, there's a good post showing some builds on /r/feedthebeast. I think it'd fit well with the pack, especially if the blocks had their material cost changed to require space resources, like a tier one is craftable with earth materials, then tier two requires moon and so on.

HertelD

Jul 29, 2019
I would say that falls on the server/optimization mods category.

Mods like that should be manually installed since if you know how and why to use them you also know how to had them. If you don't know, you will not use them and are only adding extra weight to the pack.

Specially the ACT, its a mod you run to generate the world and then it should be disabled since it has no more use

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

yeah, you're probably right. this one is an occasional issue. besides getting it to work takes just a blink and nothing rocket-science, so it's really optional.

Jul 29, 2019
So Chat Fawkes. You've mentioned a few times recently (forum page wise) that you would like to change the org gen. I was curious about this. The gen seems changed as it is, how else would you like to change it?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
If he is waiting for the new CoFH core version, there is a lot of new evil things he can do to make the ore gen more fun/real/hard.
Although... I was kinda disappointed with the new rarity system :(

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
A suggestion for a mod to add: compact machines. It lets you go into little boxes and set up machines inside them, so that you could have for example a block that inputs seeds and outputs wheat, by putting a farm inside the block. It's a cool little mod, there's a good post showing some builds on /r/feedthebeast. I think it'd fit well with the pack, especially if the blocks had their material cost changed to require space resources, like a tier one is craftable with earth materials, then tier two requires moon and so on.
Yah I have been watching that mod. It looks really cool. I'm gonna install it later today and mess around with it. If it has tiers for machines, then that will be really good.

@HertelD the main reason I didn't include act was because there are alternatives to it and I don't want to force admins to use a specific one.

So Chat Fawkes. You've mentioned a few times recently (forum page wise) that you would like to change the org gen. I was curious about this. The gen seems changed as it is, how else would you like to change it?
If he is waiting for the new CoFH core version, there is a lot of new evil things he can do to make the ore gen more fun/real/hard.
Although... I was kinda disappointed with the new rarity system :(
I wanted to make the ore-gen kinda similar to gregtech's. Basically you find huge veins of one ore, but these large veins are very rare. I was thinking of making it biome specific for each ore. However, I can't get my compiled version to run and there is no new public release. So for now I've decided to leave orr-gen as it is.

Edit: the space dimensions and deep dark would probably still have scattered ore-gen though, but probably decreased in space, so you still have a reason to go mining in the Overworld.

Also @NunoAgapito are you disappointed with the rarity in the current ore gen?

Btw I resubmitted 0.6pre1 without ProjectE last night. So it just has to be approved and it will be live as a non-recommended version. I'll also have it live on Technic later today.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to make the ore-gen kinda similar to gregtech's. Basically you find huge veins of one ore, but these large veins are very rare. I was thinking of making it biome specific for each ore. However, I can't get my compiled version to run and there is no new public release. So for now I've decided to leave orr-gen as it is.

Edit: the space dimensions and deep dark would probably still have scattered ore-gen though, but probably decreased in space, so you still have a reason to go mining in the Overworld.

I don't know much about it, aside from some comments here and there. I'd be curious to see how such an ore gen would fare in a server environment. It definitely sounds like an interesting take on Ore Gen, that's for sure. Keep us posted on your testing/developments with it :D.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Also @NunoAgapito are you disappointed with the rarity in the current ore gen?
Not sure how GregTech ore gen works but I was expecting an ore generation like TerraFirmaCraft or CustomOreGen. Like... it will not generate veins on the next chunks since it already generated one in "that" chunk. That way, you could config it to be almost sure there would not another vein in like 500 blocks.

CoFH core is about probabilities. You say there is a chance of 1 in 1000 of generating the ore and that is it! The fact of another vein being generated near the chunk or even on the same chunk as no height in the calculations. I managed to get 3 veins on the same chunk with a chance of 1/100. If RNG is on a really bad day, you could end with a couple veins on the same chunk and not a single vein in thousands of blocks!

I think the other ore gens take in account where other veins were generated, so it makes sure there is some 'space' between veins but also makes sure RNG doesnt make a world where something didnt spawn for thousands of blocks...[DOUBLEPOST=1414187831][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Wailla Harvestability... Just got so used to it....[DOUBLEPOST=1414188529][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait.... I just got a red moon night!!!

What mod causes this and what are the red moon effects?[DOUBLEPOST=1414189586][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm in a spam mood... :p

You should enable the HarvestLevelTweaks in IguanaTweakes. Makes the mining levels a little more coherent, since they dont end at diamond and instead will end at manylliun and also makes so the experience count when mining( at least with the hammer) is not buggish, since you will be using the correct Iguana levels instead of the forced MC vanilla levels.

And please, dont include the options.txt file on your pack. Every time, I update, my options reset since it overwrites the file...

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I will see what I can do about the options.txt . I include it because it fixes any keybinds that overlap. I guess I can probably include it in a folder and people can drag it in tp the root if they want.[DOUBLEPOST=1414191706][/DOUBLEPOST]
Will this pack still work if I disable Iguana Tweaks and Deadly World?
It should work fine.

Edit: Removing Iguana Tweaks might mess up your existing tools, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I'll test it and let you know

Balorn

Jul 29, 2019
Will this pack still work if I disable Iguana Tweaks and Deadly World?
I can confirm that disabling Deadly World, at least, works fine. I have it disabled server-side and clients can still connect using the default (enabled) modpack config as well. Not sure about Iguana Tweaks.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
how do you get an enderman head from ender io? if at all possible?
You kill endermen and they drop their heads. The Ender should have increased head drops when you use it. You can probably use a weapon with beheading on it (from TCon) or a sword enchanted with vorpal.

Xeph

Jul 29, 2019
yea I've been doing all of them lol but Ive only gotten the hardcore ender expansion heads

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Alright seems like "The Ender" is the only sword that can drop the EnderIO heads when you kill enderman with it. Any other sword (that are similar to vanilla swords) drop only the HEE skulls (and they drop very rarely). I'll add a way to use the HEE Endermen skulls in the EnderIO recipes, but I'd suggest using The Ender sword as it has increased drop rates for enderman heads compared to any regular sword.

Edit: Would also like to mention that 0.6pre1 is live on Technic.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I think if you active the MobHeads module in Iguana Tweaks you will have more EnderIO heads since this module supposedly will take control of all head drops.