[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it is! Maybe the nether chunks were generated on a previous version when it wanst disabled?

I switched to version 1.59-dev-152 since its the last 'official' version and its the one used in other 1.7.10 packs. Still a dev version, so still have spam in the console but seems to cause less issues. Not sure yet. Usually, my client starts having issues after 1-2 hours, becomes slower, with more lag spikes and when it starts doing this, managing inventories also becomes a pain. Lets see how it behaves with this version. I also was using Jorney Map and had to disable it. It is so resource heavy that after a while I had to restart the client to be able to go back to 'normal FPS'.

On a different context, can anyone explain me what 'Base fuel energy' means in Thermal Expansion upgrades means?
I would assume its less fuel used but the power output upgrades also say 'Yx fuel consumed' and '-y% base fuel energy'.

Is it like dynamo produces 2x more power, uses 2x more fuel but fuel is less efficient so in reality it will spend 2x plus 15% fuel?
I'm fairly sure the base fuel energy is the amount of energy that can be generated by 1 item/bucket of that fuel.

Say coal generated 40k RF per 1 piece of coal. If the upgrade reduces fuel energy by 15% then that piece of coal would only produce 34k RF.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: I cant really read today!!

Mekanism voice server is also active by default... With 1.7.10 packs being so resource hungry and buggy, maybe this should be turned off.....

Titanium is disabled on teh config files and I could not find it in my nether, which was recently generated.

But... I found platinum.....

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: I cant really read today!!

Mekanism voice server is also active by default... With 1.7.10 packs being so resource hungry and buggy, maybe this should be turned off.....

Titanium is disabled on teh config files and I could not find it in my nether, which was recently generated.

But... I found platinum.....
Hmm I wasn't aware that the voice server caused any lag issues. I did leave platinum on by default because you can already get it via ferrous ore, and its pretty rare in the nether.

Edit: also 0.6pre1 is live on the launcher[DOUBLEPOST=1414346588][/DOUBLEPOST]according to the XML it should be listed as 0.6.1

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Is not that it causes lag issues, but... we all know how badly Java is with resource managment, why have something running that probably is not used? If players with servers want to use it, they can activate it...

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Is not that it causes lag issues, but... we all know how badly Java is with resource managment, why have something running that probably is not used? If players with servers want to use it, they can activate it...
Fair point, I'll disable it in the next version.

Balorn

Jul 29, 2019
Also from some testing I found that if you use TiCon Autosmelt + Fortune tool then you can get can get multiple meteoric iron ingots out of a fallen meteor.
Oh man, I wish I'd known about this about 150 meteors ago. I normally never use autosmelt because by the time I have resources to make a fortune 3 + autosmelt tool I usually have more reliable 2x/3x ore processing machines that also give me secondary products.

I did discover, after confirming that works, that if you use autosmelt on desh ore you get (Galacticraft) copper ingots instead of desh. Luckily, regular non-autosmelt fortune works fine on desh.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
@ChatFawkes I think making the farming station require stuff from space is viable but at the same time it does burn through hoes/axes and requires a fair few diamonds to craft and requires some good investment in upgrades to be of a good size. Then again fortune/looting on the tools work with it. I don't think it can use the TiCon mattocks either, though maybe an axe of the stream or hoe of growth will work in it.. The forestry farms are just bleh though imo they are so clunky. Also any updates as to andding compact machines?

Last edited:

Whatyr

Jul 29, 2019
I tried downloading 0.6.1 from the launcher, but it failed, and only launched vanilla 1.7.10. When I relaunched the FTB launcher, 0.6.1 disappeared from the list, and 0.5.11 is the highest version. It's been a few minutes since it happened. I checked the error log in the ftb launcher, and it said something about file being missing from the server it tried to download from.

EDIT: It's back, but failed again. Vanilla minecraft launched. I'll just use 0.5.11 for now, as it's downloading properly.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
I tried downloading 0.6.1 from the launcher, but it failed, and only launched vanilla 1.7.10. When I relaunched the FTB launcher, 0.6.1 disappeared from the list, and 0.5.11 is the highest version. It's been a few minutes since it happened. I checked the error log in the ftb launcher, and it said something about file being missing from the server it tried to download from.

EDIT: It's back, but failed again. Vanilla minecraft launched. I'll just use 0.5.11 for now.

I can confirm that the launcher is being buggy and not installing 0.6.1 It is just flashing up the download box for a few seconds, it instantly fills and then everything is loaded as 0.5.11 Not had the issue of it launching as vanilla though. I believe this issue has happened with other packs.

@Whatyr you can manually install the pack and use it with multimc. You can grab the pack from here http://fluxgalaxy.com/

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Yah I let tfox know of the issues you guys were having (I was also having them). I did notice if you try selecting 0.5.11 or recommended (after attempting to download 0.6.1) then it may download the 0.6.1 zip for you guys (can't confirm that it works for everybody). You will know if it that works because the title screen will have Flux Galaxy 0.6pre1 in the bottom left corner.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... creeperhost is doing is magic again, failing to mirror the files on their servers...

It is failing to download and if its the first time you play the pack it will open vanilla since it never downloaded a previous version!

Also, on the pack config xml, the recommended version is 0.5.11....So, using recommended doesnt even try to update the pack!

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... creeperhost is doing is magic again, failing to mirror the files on their servers...

It is failing to download and if its the first time you play the pack it will open vanilla since it never downloaded a previous version!

Also, on the pack config xml, the recommended version is 0.5.11....So, using recommended doesnt even try to update the pack!
Yah the recommended is supposed to be 0.5.11. For some reason after I tried switching back, it downloaded 0.6.1 (while recommended was selected) which was pretty weird.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So.... what does the mod Yampst-Flux Galaxy?

Also, Blood Magic already released two updates fixing bugs for the 1.2 version, in case you didnt notice...

Edit: Also, on next update, could you set the mekanism sound volume to something lower? 0.3 maybe?

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
So.... what does the mod Yampst-Flux Galaxy?

Also, Blood Magic already released two updates fixing bugs for the 1.2 version, in case you didnt notice...

Edit: Also, on next update, could you set the mekanism sound volume to something lower? 0.3 maybe?
Yah 1.2.0a wasn't working correctly, and that was around the time I was finishing up 0.6.pre1. 1.2.0b will probably be in 0.6pre2 though.

YAMPST is a mod that lets me track statistics (installs, launches, etc) for the modpack. You can just remove it from the mods folder if you don't want it.

Edit: Also yes I will look into lowering the sounds.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Yah I let tfox know of the issues you guys were having (I was also having them). I did notice if you try selecting 0.5.11 or recommended (after attempting to download 0.6.1) then it may download the 0.6.1 zip for you guys (can't confirm that it works for everybody). You will know if it that works because the title screen will have Flux Galaxy 0.6pre1 in the bottom left corner.
o_O This worked for me!

Edit: Though I am not getting any of the PHC seeds drop. World gen is in though as I found a couple of the 'gardens'

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
PHC config settings by default dont drop seeds from grass!

I'm happy you didnt included hunger overhaul to nerf food values or I would had a hard time generating new terrain, so I could get gardens and seeds for better foods :)

Which begs to question, why PHC? Unless its for cosmetic, doesnt make much sense without hunger overhaul...

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
PHC config settings by default dont drop seeds from grass!

I'm happy you didnt included hunger overhaul to nerf food values or I would had a hard time generating new terrain, so I could get gardens and seeds for better foods :)

Which begs to question, why PHC? Unless its for cosmetic, doesnt make much sense without hunger overhaul...
Spice of Life is included but disabled by default and it pairs well with PHC.

CzT

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, what about mystcraft?

It is really good for servers because you can create separate age for each player so you can easily track who lags the server.
Also void ages are pretty nice for building high tier bases with less lag.