[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019

An Adventure Beyond the Overworld

Pack Code:
fluxgalaxy

Useful Links:
Modlist

Website (contains Changelogs and Downloads)

Webchat

GitHub

Space Progression Item/Block Quick List

OreGen Visualization Spreadsheet

About the pack:
Flux Galaxy is made to be like a majority of "kitchen sink" packs with a large selection of mostly tech and magic mods in it. However, one thing that is unique is the space-based progression implemented. In addition to that the majority of mods are configured to revolve around RF power. Also Thermal Expansion, EnderIO, and Mekanism are heavily integrated with many recipes.

The space-based progression is done primarily with the help of MineTweaker and ModTweaker. They change various recipes to use materials from the various Galacticraft dimensions. This changes up your normal play-through of most tech mods since it requires space traveling to get the "new technologies". You will find a link above that tells you which items/blocks are affected by the space progression.

Tech and space travel not your thing? Well you can always choose to practice magic through the forms of Botany, Blood Alchemy, Thaumaturgy, or Witchery in the Overworld and other non-space dimensions.

If anything is unclear feel free to ask in this thread!

Strawpolls:
None

Media:
Not Ready for Prime Time Series:
TedyHere:

TheOnlyBentley:

Click here to Report a Bug

Last edited:

GoldenSwine

Jul 29, 2019
Wow. This is an amazing idea! I really love galacticraft and this pack just really fits my style. The space progression really just takes the generic throw-everything-in-a-mods-folder pack and makes it slightly more difficult and adds a little more progression without it being as extensive as gregtech. And with it being 1.7.10, phew! Nicely done :D

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
The space progression really just takes the generic throw-everything-in-a-mods-folder pack and makes it slightly more difficult and adds a little more progression without it being as extensive as gregtech.:D

This is what I was going for :)

Hope you enjoy it!

T4RI0

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes a got a problem that I cant play the pack and the only way to fix this was to reinstall the modpack, so here is the crash report.

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was STRING at line 1 column 1
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:815)
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:768)
at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerProfileCache.func_152657_b(SourceFile:156)
at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerProfileCache.<init>(SourceFile:42)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.<init>(MinecraftServer.java:142)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.<init>(IntegratedServer.java:43)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71371_a(Minecraft.java:2080)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiCreateWorld.func_146284_a(GuiCreateWorld.java:230)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73864_a(GuiScreen.java:225)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiCreateWorld.func_73864_a(GuiCreateWorld.java:377)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:296)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1629)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:962)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was STRING at line 1 column 1
at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.beginArray(JsonReader.java:338)
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:79)
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:60)
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:803)
... 21 more

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes a got a problem that I cant play the pack and the only way to fix this was to reinstall the modpack, so here is the crash report.

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was STRING at line 1 column 1
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:815)
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:768)
at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerProfileCache.func_152657_b(SourceFile:156)
at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerProfileCache.<init>(SourceFile:42)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.<init>(MinecraftServer.java:142)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.<init>(IntegratedServer.java:43)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71371_a(Minecraft.java:2080)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiCreateWorld.func_146284_a(GuiCreateWorld.java:230)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73864_a(GuiScreen.java:225)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiCreateWorld.func_73864_a(GuiCreateWorld.java:377)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:296)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1629)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:962)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was STRING at line 1 column 1
at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.beginArray(JsonReader.java:338)
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:79)
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:60)
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:803)
... 21 more

Based on a quick search I believe that is an error with the json files in your minecraft directory. Afaik the only fix is to delete them and have them reset. You should be able to keep your saves. I'll do a bit more investigating on this issue when I get home.

P.S next time use spoilers :p

Reactions: Pudding01

O-120

Jul 29, 2019
Is it recomended to disable mods? (if you wonder wich mod i talk about it is deadly worlds!)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Is it recomended to disable mods? (if you wonder wich mod i talk about it is deadly worlds!)
Deadly World is amazing. In my personal world, I have 60% silverfish blocks and everything else cranked up to max. (Except for bosses, because otherwise the amount of available entities is much much smaller).

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Yah deadly world can be disabled without breaking progression. But don't you like silverfish? :D

Edit:

Pack updated to 0.5.2. Just refer to the changelog for 0.5.1 as this was basically a re-upload of 0.5.1.

O-120

Jul 29, 2019
Yah deadly world can be disabled without breaking progression. But don't you like silverfish? :D

Edit:

Pack updated to 0.5.2. Just refer to the changelog for 0.5.1 as this was basically a re-upload of 0.5.1.
No i played a pack AND it ended with me chased by a thousand silverfishes...:D

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Added some polls to the OP. 0.5.3 should be live later today.

P.S if you get lag while playing the pack please try disabling JourneyMap and see if that helps.

Lirannl

Jul 29, 2019
Will you add MPS? It's perfect for space! (and I think it's a perfect mod in general ;) )
YES. It's updated to 1.7.10 - check her jenkins :)
Note: if it hasn't been fixed as of now, active camoflauge is broken. I'd suggest banning that module until it's fixed. (but make sure it's still broken in the latest version)

O-120

Jul 29, 2019
Are you going to add IC2? I'm not sure if it's in 1.7.10 but i hope you can add it if it is! (sorry for bad english if it is)

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Will you add MPS? It's perfect for space! (and I think it's a perfect mod in general ;) )
YES. It's updated to 1.7.10 - check her jenkins :)
Note: if it hasn't been fixed as of now, active camoflauge is broken. I'd suggest banning that module until it's fixed. (but make sure it's still broken in the latest version)
Waiting for it to be stable, but yes I have some nice plans for MPS.

Are you going to add IC2? I'm not sure if it's in 1.7.10 but i hope you can add it if it is! (sorry for bad english if it is)
Sorry no plans for IC2. I'm trying to keep it simple with 1 power system.

Also 0.5.4 is live. Changelogs are in the OP.

Lirannl

Jul 29, 2019
Don't even dare comparing the two. I read about that mod, it's OK, but it's not MPS.
If it was, I would've fallen in love with it as much as I have with MPS. And I haven't.

C

chbachman

Don't even dare comparing the two. I read about that mod, it's OK, but it's not MPS.
If it was, I would've fallen in love with it as much as I have with MPS. And I haven't.
What is the difference? My does not have fancy rendering. I also do not have a powertool. However, mine has more upgrades, and mod compatibility, or at least will when the next version comes out. Just wondering, need info to improve my mod.
@chbachman 's Modular Armour is already available and stable for 1.7.10
Its kinda funny, still have not gotten a single bug report, so either nobody is using it, or i am so amazing at programming that i have no bugs. :p

Whurm

Jul 29, 2019
What is the difference? My does not have fancy rendering. I also do not have a powertool. However, mine has more upgrades, and mod compatibility, or at least will when the next version comes out. Just wondering, need info to improve my mod.

Its kinda funny, still have not gotten a single bug report, so either nobody is using it, or i am so amazing at programming that i have no bugs. :p

Here's one for you then :)

When you make an iron pick with Tinkers Construct, you can't mine diamonds, but you can with a regular iron pickaxe. In fact a TC bronze won't either.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Here's one for you then :)

When you make an iron pick with Tinkers Construct, you can't mine diamonds, but you can with a regular iron pickaxe. In fact a TC bronze won't either.
Uhm is that for my pack or his mod?

Edit:
Seems like the answer to that was: my pack.

Probably a config a setting I overlooked for Iguana's Tweaks or TCon. I left an issue on the tracker, so I remember to fix it in the morning.

Last edited: