[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

Eduarx

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, first of all, congratulations for your pack.

Now the questions: the electrolitic separator is using lots of energy, that's something about your pack or it's mekanism? It tells me that uses 4k Rf/T and need like 400.000 RF (never played mekanism 1.7 before your pack)

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, first of all, congratulations for your pack.

Now the questions: the electrolitic separator is using lots of energy, that's something about your pack or it's mekanism? It tells me that uses 4k Rf/T and need like 400.000 RF (never played mekanism 1.7 before your pack)
That is mekansim and It should use 2k rf/t max. Only hook it up to your power grid when you need gases. I will post an image later showing how you can use the seperator + gas-burning generator to make free renewable power.

Last edited:

Eduarx

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the fast answer, so I guess Mekanism has nerfed the hidrogen power gen.
I would apreciate that image

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the fast answer, so I guess Mekanism has nerfed the hidrogen power gen.
I would apreciate that image
http://imgur.com/lwzjhWk

Basically you have a source of renewable energy being dumped into a electrolytic separator. This will produce hydrogen and oxygen gas; hydrogen is sent directly into the gas-burning generator and oxygen can be dumped into a gas tank. The trick is to limit the amount of energy being sent back to produce more hydrogen. This is why I use the lowest tier (red) energy conduits to dump energy into the electrolytic separator and then use the second tier (orange) conduits to extract the energy from the gas-burning generator. If you use the same tier conduits it will not create a positive energy loop. The setup in that picture takes 80 RF/t of renewable energy and produces over 1000 RF/t in addition to oxygen gas that you can use. Hope that clears it up!

P.S don't use solars (use something like coal or biofuel)

Balorn

Jul 29, 2019
So I got a corrupt file or setting clientside and did a repair, the problem is now in the FTB launcher both 0.5.4 and 0.5.5 will load 0.5.5... and my server is running 0.5.4 since the "Download Server" option for 0.5.5 still goes nowhere.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
So I got a corrupt file or setting clientside and did a repair, the problem is now in the FTB launcher both 0.5.4 and 0.5.5 will load 0.5.5... and my server is running 0.5.4 since the "Download Server" option for 0.5.5 still goes nowhere.
Here is the link to the 0.5.5 server. I'm currently finishing up 0.5.6 and will submit it to the FTB 3rd Party Team as a Recommended Version within 1-2 hours. From that point it can take anywhere from a couple of hours up to 72 hours to be approved (it's usually done within a day though)

Reactions: Balorn

Balorn

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the link to the 0.5.5 server. I'm currently finishing up 0.5.6 and will submit it to the FTB 3rd Party Team as a Recommended Version within 1-2 hours. From that point it can take anywhere from a couple of hours up to 72 hours to be approved (it's usually done within a day though)
Thanks a bunch, I'll give it a try when I have the chance.

I'm really enjoying this modpack for the most part. So far the only things I haven't had fun with are the grindyness of getting enough meteoric iron for the T2 rocket, and the frustration of the Mars chests being empty. Considering how much there is in this pack, that still leaves a lot I'm liking. With TE conduits not being a thing and their equivalents in other mods varying a lot in cost and capabilities, I've had to learn a lot about other ways to move items, fluid and energy around, compared to what I'd been used to. :)

Eduarx

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/lwzjhWk

Basically you have a source of renewable energy being dumped into a electrolytic separator. This will produce hydrogen and oxygen gas; hydrogen is sent directly into the gas-burning generator and oxygen can be dumped into a gas tank. The trick is to limit the amount of energy being sent back to produce more hydrogen. This is why I use the lowest tier (red) energy conduits to dump energy into the electrolytic separator and then use the second tier (orange) conduits to extract the energy from the gas-burning generator. If you use the same tier conduits it will not create a positive energy loop. The setup in that picture takes 80 RF/t of renewable energy and produces over 1000 RF/t in addition to oxygen gas that you can use. Hope that clears it up!

P.S don't use solars (use something like coal or biofuel)

Okay so that's easy, I only played mekanism on 1.6 and the separator was not using that much energy.

Looking forward to the 0.5.6 :p

Edit: I'm having some problems to find diamonds on your modpack, there is somthing strange with them or its only me? Didn't find a single diamond

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
so what in ver. 0.5.6 am also Looking forward to the 0.5.6 :p
Here is the changelog. Just 1 new mod and A LOT of updates. It's submitted to FTB just awaiting approval from someone on the team.

I'm probably gonna add MPS in 0.6.x as well as in-game IRC chat similar to other modpacks.

Edit: 0.5.6 is now live!

Last edited:

Kucan

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm it should have a day and night cycle. I'm not sure how long it is though.

A full cycle is a full Minecraftian month which is 8 Minecraftian days. So around 2 hours and 40 minutes. You get 80 minutes of day or night.

Once you get tesseracts it's the best place to stick solar panels on.

EDIT:
I created a new singleplayer world in a fresh download (I renamed the modpack folder to force full redownload and config reset) for a bit of testing. I found a new crash bug as well as confirming the Mars chest issue doesn't seem to be fixed.

I was looking at what had changed in the mods in the modpack update and I've found that the latest version of Galacticraft (3.0.4.204) has fixed the Mars Chest issue.

By the way what does "FG3" mean on the end of the mod version number? Can't find it anywhere. Is it custom to Flux Galaxy?

Last edited:

crital

Jul 29, 2019
I am unable to download 0.5.6 from the FTB launcher :( It just says "Error downloading modpack!!!"

My friend got this issue as well.

Last edited:

Balorn

Jul 29, 2019
I am unable to download 0.5.6 from the FTB launcher :( It just says "Error downloading modpack!!!"

My friend got this issue as well.
I think I ran into this once, and fixed it by choosing a different version, letting it download and launch, then re-selecting the version I wanted and trying again.