[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Do the mystical flower seeds even work? i cheated some in a test world and they dont give anything when harvested. Also they do still grow.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Do the mystical flower seeds even work? i cheated some in a test world and they dont give anything when harvested. Also they do still grow.
I'll have to try, but I see no reason why they shouldn't work. Also I'm hoping to release 0.8.0 later today as a recommended release and submitting it to FTB (which means 1-3 days before it's on the launcher). Sorry for the delay all, I usually try to get one update out a week but couldn't get 0.8pre4 out last week because I was occupied with Nova (which is in beta now btw).

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
Im pretty sure steve's carts is in the pack, and there is a cart attachment that i think milks cows. If not i have no idea, i know for a fact that MFR is not in.
yeah. I guess ill have to use a sheep spawner for wool. Ehh..it will get me mutton too.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
So Agricraft seems to consider double-crops for breeding to be empty crops, and they're filling up with weeds almost instantly and then spreading to the source crops. How does one successfully breed crops with current settings?

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Also I'm hoping to release 0.8.0 later today as a recommended release and submitting it to FTB
3 days later... It's here! Just want to apologize for the delay of the update, I was busy IRL these past few days and in the spare time I did have I had to fix up Nova. So yah you can grab a shiny new copy of 0.8.0 on the Technic Launcher right now or wait until it's approved and on the FTB launcher (1-3 days from now).

Starting from this week I want to go back to regular weekly updates for this pack. I'm currently looking to do dev/latest versions (only on Technic) twice a week and pushing out recommended versions every 2-3 weeks.

Here is the 0.8.0 Changelog. Direct client and server downloads are available on the website.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
youre removing the spice of life? but why? it was the main reason i was setting up to mass produce pams harvestcraft. without it, ill just go back to eating nothing but melon juice. lol

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
youre removing the spice of life? but why? it was the main reason i was setting up to mass produce pams harvestcraft. without it, ill just go back to eating nothing but melon juice. lol
Yah the main reason I did that was because there are so many ways to just bypass it, so it kinda makes it useless in this pack. If anything it just become a minor annoyance until you get a Healing Axe or something else that can bypass it. At this point I'm leaving in Agricraft and Harvestcraft because it still fun to breed crops and have your own gardens for various crops. I personally like making farms for various crops just because for me it's fun, but to each their own.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
Yah the main reason I did that was because there are so many ways to just bypass it, so it kinda makes it useless in this pack. If anything it just become a minor annoyance until you get a Healing Axe or something else that can bypass it. At this point I'm leaving in Agricraft and Harvestcraft because it still fun to breed crops and have your own gardens for various crops. I personally like making farms for various crops just because for me it's fun, but to each their own.
whats a healing axe?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
You know the axe was removed a bit back right? In XU 1.2.2 all the unstable ingot tools had all their good functionality removed, now they're just unbreakable diamond tools so no hoe of reversal or anything either.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
People already asked about all the other ones, so uh... why'd you remove JourneyMap?
VoxelMap has a builtin mapwriter now and I personally like it better. You're always free to add JourneyMap yourself though (it was disabled by default anyway).

You know the axe was removed a bit back right? In XU 1.2.2 all the unstable ingot tools had all their good functionality removed, now they're just unbreakable diamond tools so no hoe of reversal or anything either.
Interesting, I didn't know that. Honestly that kinda sucks, but it's w/e I guess. Regardless, Thaumic Tinker and Blood Magic add ways to bypass TSoL and I rather not go around disabling things in the name of "balance". Also there were a few foods that bypassed the eat limit (looking at you Natura Berries) which basically meant you could eat 6 of those and then eat a food with with higher value at full nutrition. To be honest I didn't configure TSoL as much as I could have and I really didn't want it to be a nuisance on players, so I figured it'd be best to remove it. I guess you could say HarvestCraft and Agricraft are a bit useless now, but I'm sure there are people who like farming because it's fun (I know I do).

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering about your Iguana Tweaks settings... I've got a pickaxe that I've not put anything into except 2 sticks and maybe 16 flint, and it's got diamond, double redstone, and double self repair modifiers, plus four open modifier slots. Is this how you intend it to be? Seems kinda... powerful.