[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I wasn't aware that Chisel had FMP support in the version we use. You might have blocks added to your microblocks.cfg in Singleplayer.
I checked the single player config for FMP and mmicroblocks, neither have any of them added in its config, yet you can make the chisel blocks in SSP into microblocks, yet on a server you can't :S

This is why we are confused. The configs are the same client and server side yet single player lets you make the chisel microblocks but on servers you can't :S

Last edited:

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
what do you guys do on the moon while waiting for meteors to fall? I'm trying to farm the stuff for airlock doors and rocket parts but its just so bleeding boring.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
what do you guys do on the moon while waiting for meteors to fall? I'm trying to farm the stuff for airlock doors and rocket parts but its just so bleeding boring.
I haven't gotten to the moon yet, but some of the people I play with have been building moon bases and stuff in the mean while. Use a fortune auto-smelt tool on the meteors to get maximum drops.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't gotten to the moon yet, but some of the people I play with have been building moon bases and stuff in the mean while. Use a fortune auto-smelt tool on the meteors to get maximum drops.
i have a base, but except for the normal oxygen stuff its empty. idk what to put into it. I just go up there and stand around waiting for meteors to fall. lol

Hanseric

Jul 29, 2019
Hello ChatFawkes, thank you for this modpack and the amount of work you put into it. Currently playing with a friend on a private server and having a blast! Taking my sweet time enjoying the progression while preparing for my first trip to the moon.

I'm trying to figure out my options for early-game power generation. In SSP (0.7.12) I had a Forestry multi-farm (trees) for charcoal and biofuel but I read there has been problems with Forestry multi-farms (items/blocks disappearing?) in earlier versions. Are those problems present in the current server version (0.7.8)?

Thanks for your time!

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
Hello ChatFawkes, thank you for this modpack and the amount of work you put into it. Currently playing with a friend on a private server and having a blast! Taking my sweet time enjoying the progression while preparing for my first trip to the moon.

I'm trying to figure out my options for early-game power generation. In SSP (0.7.12) I had a Forestry multi-farm (trees) for charcoal and biofuel but I read there has been problems with Forestry multi-farms (items/blocks disappearing?) in earlier versions. Are those problems present in the current server version (0.7.8)?

Thanks for your time!
The only problem I saw with Forestry multifarm was the farmland randomly turning into sand while powered with water, causing sand to gum up my system. i had the wood doing round robin into an alloy smelter and a barrel. Also had an issue with saplings getting into the furnace making wood ash. I had to filter the crap out of the system to stop it from happening.

Last edited:

Hanseric

Jul 29, 2019
Aaaah thanks for clearing that up, YomiRizer. Filtering is part of the fun for me so there's no issue here :p

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
idk where to put this so im putting it here. My server i play on just updated to 0.7.8 and the Farming station is bugged. It no longer accepts or uses wooden axes.

eat_sleep_craft

Jul 29, 2019
Aaaah thanks for clearing that up, YomiRizer. Filtering is part of the fun for me so there's no issue here :p

What do you use to to withdraw items from the multifarm, if you don't mind me asking? I've tried using buildcraft, ender io, and extra utilities item pipes, but nothing seems to be working. I'm probably missing something basic, heh. Thank you

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
idk where to put this so im putting it here. My server i play on just updated to 0.7.8 and the Farming station is bugged. It no longer accepts or uses wooden axes.
Hmm I'll have to check that out. Im fairly sure someone on my server uses wooden axes/hoes and their setup works fine (on 0.7.12 though)

What do you use to to withdraw items from the multifarm, if you don't mind me asking? I've tried using buildcraft, ender io, and extra utilities item pipes, but nothing seems to be working. I'm probably missing something basic, heh. Thank you
Dunno what version you're using, but their was a bug where EnderIO conduits couldn't extract from the multifarm. Also it should be noted that the Multifarm can only output from the bottom. In one of the recent Forestry dev builds the issue with EnderIO conduits should be fixed. That build may be the one I use in 0.7.12, but I honestly forgot if it was. I'm hoping for 0.7.13 to be the next recommend version.

Reactions: eat_sleep_craft

Hanseric

Jul 29, 2019
I use extra utilities item pipes on the bottom of the farm (and a node) feeding into barrels feeding into my EnderIO network.
Dunno what version you're using, but their was a bug where EnderIO conduits couldn't extract from the multifarm. Also it should be noted that the Multifarm can only output from the bottom. In one of the recent Forestry dev builds the issue with EnderIO conduits should be fixed. That build may be the one I use in 0.7.12, but I honestly forgot if it was. I'm hoping for 0.7.13 to be the next recommend version.
The issue is fixed in 0.7.12.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I'll have to check that out. Im fairly sure someone on my server uses wooden axes/hoes and their setup works fine (on 0.7.12 though)

0.7.4 the setup worked just fine, but 0.7.8 its not working. i had to switch to using an igneous extruder to make stone axes.

Also, is there any knowledge on steves factory manager lagging a server, or a fix? The owners of the server im on said i cant use SFM cause it lags the entire server, and theres things I like to use it for, to get automation on things that dont have automation. Like the AE2 crystals and living stone/wood.

Oh, and dam you on adding the spice of life. lol I was doing just fine living off of Hot wings. Now I need to get into farming stuff which has never been my forte.

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
0.7.4 the setup worked just fine, but 0.7.8 its not working. i had to switch to using an igneous extruder to make stone axes.

Also, is there any knowledge on steves factory manager lagging a server, or a fix? The owners of the server im on said i cant use SFM cause it lags the entire server, and theres things I like to use it for, to get automation on things that dont have automation. Like the AE2 crystals and living stone/wood.

Oh, and dam you on adding the spice of life. lol I was doing just fine living off of Hot wings. Now I need to get into farming stuff which has never been my forte.
I know Steve's Factory Manager can cause issues. On my server one day the tps was just really low and I couldn't find the source of the tps drop through OPIS. Then I noticed a harvestcraft presser that had an unusually high update time. Turns out it was a Steve's factory manager setup that was causing the tps drop because it was on a chunk boundary. I think as long as your setup is within the same chunk and isn't performing tasks super fast, it should be fine. I know quite a few people who have been using Steve's Factory Manager and our TPS has been stable at 20 for a while.

Also regarding The Spice of Life if you eat certain fruits (from Natura), then you can easily bypass The Spice of Life diminishing returns because they still give a half point of hunger even if you've eaten them 6 out of 6 times ;). I usually eat those fruits 6 times and then eat something out of my lunchbox to fill my hunger back up really fast.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone playing on a server in HARD MODE have any issues killing the Wither and Gaia bosses?

The Wither boss took a long time to figure out and so far the Gaia boss has slaughtered us (tried 1 on 1 and 3 on 1).

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone playing on a server in HARD MODE have any issues killing the Wither and Gaia bosses?

The Wither boss took a long time to figure out and so far the Gaia boss has slaughtered us (tried 1 on 1 and 3 on 1).
Unfortunately I play on normal mode (yes I'm a noob :p), so can't help you with that. What kind of armour/weapons are you guys using?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
We tried all sorts, enchanted elementium armor with pots/notch apples, extra lives it just gets to about halfway and starts 1-2 hitting us.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019

Wither and Gaia boss both killed on a Hard Mode server. Using a terrasteel sword (this is HIGHLY recommened) and fully enchanted elementium armor with protection and thorns. Had no issues with either using the set up. Using a pendant infused with a fortitude pot and used a botania regen pot on the gaia guardian.

I used the osmotic enchanter to do the selective enchanting of my armor as well. So it is just standard vanilla enchants maxed out.

Maybe try having a mana pool and a Fallen Kanade nearby (though you will need a good food supply with this there, thanks @@WayofTime ;) ) Try a great fairy ring as well to spawn more of your pixies. I did him solo and he was a push over without using the Kanade for regen, just spam the swords attack and the mana bursts from it do the job. If you get lucky enough to melee him with it, that really hurts!

Last edited:

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I think we found the problem, it's called an evil server admin ranking up the mob difficulty through EnderZoo, not sure if it affects boss mobs or not but my god it does something.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I think we found the problem, it's called an evil server admin ranking up the mob difficulty through EnderZoo, not sure if it affects boss mobs or not but my god it does something.

Config to modify health and damage of non enderzoo mobs by a modifier based on dificulty. Health and damage multiplied by 1.1 at default.