[1.7.10] DW20 Series 7 Let's Play HQM

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
It shouldn't make any difference to how the HQM book works. The only issue you may have is if one of the quests requires the mod that you have disabled.

Just wondering, I was going to have a go at this but without Biomes O'Plenty. Would that mess up the quest lines?

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering, I was going to have a go at this but without Biomes O'Plenty. Would that mess up the quest lines?

I wouldn't think so but as I said, an item from BOP may be needed in quest progression. If that happens let me know and I will help you out.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks @JohnnyMobbins. I do like BoP in the overworld, but just can't deal with it in the nether. There's just too much stuff for me - I can barely see what's going on.

FatGordo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, first of all, I think that this was a great idea of yours, because, I, also get bored really fast, and I always tought adding a quest book to this modpack, and I'm really glad that someone did it, becayse, once again, it was a brilliant idea. Keep up the good work mate :).

Reactions: JohnnyMobbins

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Come across a problem with hqm. I've just crafted the terrain smasher (twice) but it's not registering as completed in the book.

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I'm just heading to work but I will check it out when I get home. Sorry for the hassle. Are you using the most recent update?

takhizis

Jun 20, 2013
All of the Thermal Expansion machines count as each other in the book. Meaning, you can make one and get credit for them all.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for checking it out - I'm in no hurry so take your time. Got plenty to play around with. And yes, latest version.

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
I have made a few quick changes. Version 1.0.3 link has been updated on the first page.

Thermal Expansion machines were changed to Precise detection and the Terrain Smasher has been changed to a detection task.
Thanks for the input guys.

takhizis

Jun 20, 2013
The Rubbery quest is broken. One of the required items is not being shown. 2 of the rewards are also not visible, and judging by the lack of visible icon on the quest after it, I wager that one has the same issue.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Loaded up the latest version. Afraid it won't detect the terrain smasher. Just wondering if I need to craft it again.

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry guys, I'm having issues with the last few updates. When an item is added or removed it really messes up the quests that contained that item. All the problems you guys are having are due to minor changes in the 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 update.
I believe there were recipe changes that are conflicting with the Quest Book. I have spent the last few hours trying to figure it out but I'm not getting anywhere. I'm pretty sure if you downgrade to pack version 1.0.0 you will be ok but certainly back things up first.

I will keep working on it and I'm really sorry for the hassle.

Reactions: takhizis

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
Finally fixed and updated to suit the 1.0.3 version of the Direwolf20 pack. There are 9 new quests and we are up to Episode 26.

We are now on the 3rd Chapter of the book however you do not have to start right from the start. I will try and break up the quest blocks to suit major progressions.

I'm planning on adding reward bags so hopefully they are ready for the next update. Feel free to let me know any of your thoughts on the book so far. If there's anything you guys dislike or want added I would love to hear.

DW20 HQM Version 1.0.4.1 - http://bit.ly/1remJsR

Last edited:

k9officer09

Jul 29, 2019
Found possible bug. in chapter one the quest where you have to craft existing item filters it did not recognize that I crafted 3 of them.

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry for the issue, I'm currently re testing every single quest since the last update. I should have it all sorted within the next 24 hrs.