[1.7.10] CrinkleCraft | A World of Horror v1.0.0 [HQM][Adventure][Horror]

USSRSpetsnaz

Jul 29, 2019
When I placed two Box of eternal closure and lined them up it appears that they have a weird texture bug that something
---> https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4b92s12emd8yh8/2015-03-15_17.41.46.png?dl=0
I will edit this post for any bugs
Can you lower the rate of Insanity? I've became insane less then 5 minutes :(, Is it because I was attacked by Ender Golems? Maybe make a way of getting Sanity by picking flowers?
I've became so insane I lost my will to survive, Restarting world for the 3rd time

Last edited:

CrinkleCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Finds Castle, goes underground, hear stone grinding, heart pounding, wanting to quit but doesnt, few sec later sees a weeping angel, quits game
10/10 Pooped my pants

HAHA! This made me lol. Exactly what I am hoping to achieve with the feel.

I will be releasing an update soon to balance sanity and make it more a feature rather than the main deterrent. I want more emphasis on exploration and combat which is difficult if you are crazy the whole time. HQM is well under way which will also help.

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
While taking a break of playing around in the UE4 engine I decided to try out a random modpack for an hour. Stumbled on this one, didn't get to play much but so far I must say the concept is pretty nice. My sanity dropped very low after the first day as I didn't figure out how to raise it properly and holy crap that's creepy. ;_;

Also when your sanity is that low it's giving you Insanity III, does that make changes to stuff you pick up on the floor?
Example:
I was killing sheep and even if I ran over their loot nothing went to my inventory. I'm not sure if those sheep were actually real sheep or just the insanity stuff messing with me.

CrinkleCraft

Jul 29, 2019
While taking a break of playing around in the UE4 engine I decided to try out a random modpack for an hour. Stumbled on this one, didn't get to play much but so far I must say the concept is pretty nice. My sanity dropped very low after the first day as I didn't figure out how to raise it properly and holy crap that's creepy. ;_;

Also when your sanity is that low it's giving you Insanity III, does that make changes to stuff you pick up on the floor?
Example:
I was killing sheep and even if I ran over their loot nothing went to my inventory. I'm not sure if those sheep were actually real sheep or just the insanity stuff messing with me.

Hmm im not too sure on that one sorry. But an update will come out to help with rhe sanity balancing also so it wont effect gameplay too much

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm im not too sure on that one sorry.
And I forgot to add to my previous example that items in my inventory started to convert to string when I clicked them with my mouse. Still unsure if it's just the insanity debuff or something else. Probably the debuff but doesn't matter, it sure changes stuff around.

I might give it a retry in the next update or wait for the quests. Some basic quests to get started with this pack would be nice but I see that's already on your to-do list. Ended up watching 2 episodes on your channel to get more informed on how to start properly.

CrinkleCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Enviromine if Im not mistaken. First time playing with it and its sure interesting though Im sure many will find it just plain annoying.

Yeah its enviromine, been around for a while too. I first experienced it in EpicCraft. The sanity was worse then though, when you went insane your screen looked like you were standing in a nether portal.

Ill check it out when I get home. Had a brief look on my phone, had a mention of minimaps in the log. Might be something to do with it.

USSRSpetsnaz

Jul 29, 2019
@CrinkleCraft
Whats the mod that makes everything looks so dark? (advance darkness?) also its abit too dark, maybe remove the mod (if it is) and change the gamma from 0.0 to -0.5 in the options? imo it looks so much better (not so much just easier to see)

(thanks trentv4 for telling us that in the minecraft forums)

Last edited:

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
RandomThings.cfg contains:
# The minimum light will be removed so if there's no light source it's actually going to be completely black
B:"Hardcore Darkness"=true

# Locks the Gamma to 0
B:LockedGamma=false
This is the darkness mod usually used these days.

Reactions: CrinkleCraft

CrinkleCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.1.2 is currently being uploaded and awaiting approval! Also a public server is under construction and will be released within the coming weeks!

Changes for 0.1.2

Nerfed Food stack size to fix issue of OP Food in dungeon chests
Updated Abyssalcraft
Added Mekanism
Added Applied Energistics
Added Infernal Mobs
Added Modular Systems
Added MDK (Mechanism dependant)
Added MechanismTools
Added MekanismGenerators
Added Mobs to the BattleMusic List
Removed Sanity effects from Biomes
Increased Sanity effects of food and held items
Added HQM + Quests (Still a WIP)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
From the Mekanism downloads page:
Note: MDK (Mekanism Development Kit) is intended for use by developers and should not be used alongside the other modules.
Lots of people seem to mistake the MDK as being a dependancy - it isn't.

CrinkleCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Update is now released. With HQM. We will be gradually adding more quests and content to HQM in the coming weeks. The public server is not far from release either.

CrinkleCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Quests need alot of tweaking. If you come across a quest that you have crafted the item but has not registered please use /hqm edit to complete it. I will try and get a revised update out later this week