[1.7.10] Boundless Expanse-A different take on FTB Infinity

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
The first lets play of Boundless Expanse:

Go have a watch. :)

Also feel free to PM me any lets play videos you do so I can add them to the forum

Reactions: erindalc

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal, that during a blood moon some creeper just randomly explodes?

Happened a few times now where I saw a creeper (two of them right at the side of my house x.x) which exploded without any of the normal reasons. So I saw no other mob attacking them and I was far away in safety, still suddenly they exploded.
(Not sure if my angle was bad and there actually was another mob, but then I wonder why they attack each other without reason, so creeper can explode :/ )

Last edited:

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal, that during a blood moon some creeper just randomly explodes?

Happened a few times now where I saw a creeper (two of them right at the side of my house x.x) which exploded without any of the normal reasons. So I saw no other mob attacking them and I was far away in safety, still suddenly they exploded.
(Not sure if my angle was bad and there actually was another mob, but then I wonder why they attack each other without reason, so creeper can explode :/ )

Sounds very odd, may have been a skeleton.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.3.5 has been submitted

Changelog 1.3.5:

-Fixed the blank rune not having a recipe
-Added text to the inscriber "Only for nameplate presses"

Updated mods:
Another one bites the dust
Apple core
Forbidden Magic
Forestry
Logistics pipes
OpenComputers
The Erebus

O

Obuw

Phew... forgetting just how huge "Mega Rubber Sapling" grow and then cutting down the tree without flight and only with iron/diamond axes... *laughs* Quiet a nice time :D
Good thing is, that I probably will now have enough rubber for everything to come, for a long while.

But seems the tree-cutting mod (where you cut down the whole tree) hate such big trees. The first ~4 iron axes I had to cut at the tree in a dia-show *smirks*

Modpack looks nice so far, even though the blood moons come at the worst times for me... like being in the middle of a 80 blocks tall tree. xD

Trust me, you'll NEVER have enough rubber. :D Seriously I've cut down two mega rubber trees and then had to plant some regular ones later when I ran out. Oh, and probably not a good idea to try cutting one down without an unstable axe. :p (aka healing axe)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I noticed that alot of machines take plastic now. Guess at some point I just make Forestry farms for some things *smirks*

And a question, just to be sure I don't oversee everything:
The main tools - after using metallic simply hammers - you want to reach at some point are either the magical ones (botania, thaumcraft, etc.) or the fluxed infused ones (especially the hammer).
And best way to get enchants is the enchanter of ender-io or doing some mfr-enchanting later.
- Are these two statements right or is there something I totally oversee?

I'm really too spoiled by too many mods, which gives you strong tools plus good enchants too easy *smirks*

G

GuyFleegman

I'm trying to set up a 1.3.4 server but all I see in the zip is two files and four folders. Does each version only contain files that have changed since the last update, or...?

O

Obuw

Yeah, I noticed that alot of machines take plastic now. Guess at some point I just make Forestry farms for some things *smirks*

And a question, just to be sure I don't oversee everything:
The main tools - after using metallic simply hammers - you want to reach at some point are either the magical ones (botania, thaumcraft, etc.) or the fluxed infused ones (especially the hammer).
And best way to get enchants is the enchanter of ender-io or doing some mfr-enchanting later.
- Are these two statements right or is there something I totally oversee?

I'm really too spoiled by too many mods, which gives you strong tools plus good enchants too easy *smirks*

Tool wise I'm still using my resonant drill, the ability to alternate between 1x1 and 1x3 is handy although it's not as powerful as the flux hammer.

Enchant-wise EnderIO enchanter is definitely a good option. I had a good old cursed earth - mfr autoenchanter - mfr autoanvil setup before EIO was added to the pack, which was sufficient to get all the top enchants on my tools and armor. The bibliocraft printing press also helps.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to set up a 1.3.4 server but all I see in the zip is two files and four folders. Does each version only contain files that have changed since the last update, or...?

The server version contains the modpack stuff so mods, config and scripts and forge which is what the server uses to run that includes the jar files and the libraries folder.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Tool wise I'm still using my resonant drill, the ability to alternate between 1x1 and 1x3 is handy although it's not as powerful as the flux hammer.

Enchant-wise EnderIO enchanter is definitely a good option. I had a good old cursed earth - mfr autoenchanter - mfr autoanvil setup before EIO was added to the pack, which was sufficient to get all the top enchants on my tools and armor. The bibliocraft printing press also helps.

Alright, thank you :)

Wasn't sure if I just oversee everything again (I'm good in overseeing the "easier" things in modpacks *laughs*). Guess I should focus a lil bit more on tech again, was mainly doing botania/aura cascade for now.
It's really fun how they're connected.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.3.5 has been released
Changelog 1.3.5:

-Fixed the blank rune not having a recipe
-Added text to the inscriber "Only for nameplate presses"

Updated mods:
Another one bites the dust
Apple core
Forbidden Magic
Forestry
Logistics pipes
OpenComputers
The Erebus

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
Don't think I updated you on this.
We have a new website Here.

I am currently working on porting over the wiki (and updating it) to the new domain

P

Popsnorkle

Is it intentional that the Thermal Expansion machines don't come with their basic augments?

mahall1988

Jul 29, 2019
just noticed that in the latest update some of the AE2 recipies arent listed in NEI. i had to load up an old backup to check them.
acceleration cards, annihilation core and formation cores are the ones i had to check, not sure if there are more not working

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
just noticed that in the latest update some of the AE2 recipies arent listed in NEI. i had to load up an old backup to check them.
acceleration cards, annihilation core and formation cores are the ones i had to check, not sure if there are more not working
Do you have channels disabled? That could be the problem.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019

Also do you mean the items are not in NEI at all or the recipe won't show once you clicked on the item.
Kind Regards Bluedog444

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
We have another lets play of Boundless Expanse!

Thanks for the plug Bluedog. I'm mostly a TFC player, but I have been following this pack for a while and even was testing it out before I decided to start a youtube channel. Hopefully I can do the pack justice in the series.

Daniel Mills

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed one odd recipe issue in 1.3.5. The magma crucible requires a redstone transmission coil unlike all the other Thermal Expansion machines which all use a Redstone Reception Coil. The reception coil makes more sense because the machine is receiving power the transmission coil is generally for the dynmos which transmit power.