[1.7.10] Automata — RPG, HQM, Reputation Systems, Custom Ore Gen, Mystcraft Ages

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Should I add a magic mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xxxjohnnygxxx

Jul 29, 2019
Check out my introduction to AUTOMATA video

Attachments

• follow.jpg
    follow.jpg
    956.1 KB · Views: 76

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
if you are talking about the mana steel ingots, toss an iron ingot in a mana pool. it's not mid to late game it can be rushed very early. you only need a day bloom (more of them are faster) a mana spreader, 2 mana pools (so you can upgrade one in the other one, then reverse them) and you're golden.

I've changed the first two most basic Botania items to require Mana Infused Metal which can be found somewhat rarely in the Nether as Nether Mithrill. So you'll need to be able to survive the Nether before you can start Botania.

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
Should my link book have de-spawned/disappeared after 2 uses?
I also cannot get the second link book from the We Can Make it Better quest, it says reputation quest, trouble maker 13 which is what I have. Do I need something else?
Also what is that third tank full of in the Fluid Transfer reward? I just get rotating letters/symbols.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that might be interesting to add is have dieing as a quest in unfavorable acts ?? so that will give death a negative impact. I mean you died but you came back that has to be some sort of magic right.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
one issue i have seen is need to remove the xp use config for elevators
Thanks. It'll be fixed next version.

Should my link book have de-spawned/disappeared after 2 uses?
I also cannot get the second link book from the We Can Make it Better quest, it says reputation quest, trouble maker 13 which is what I have. Do I need something else?
Also what is that third tank full of in the Fluid Transfer reward? I just get rotating letters/symbols.
Link books will drop on the ground when used from your hand. Put them in bookstands or lecterns.
You need a reputation of "Liked" which is +13
The tank is kinda supposed to be a surprise. I'm actually not sure why some Open Blocks tanks have the scrambled letters, but it works out for me. I'll just say the fluid inside is comparable in rarity to the other option for that quest.

One thing that might be interesting to add is have dieing as a quest in unfavorable acts ?? so that will give death a negative impact. I mean you died but you came back that has to be some sort of magic right.
That's actually a thing already. The quest will appear once you have gone to the Nether and died once.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
the beacon negative reputation quest is completed as soon as you get into the nether even though you never have made a beacon it looks as if it was suppose to have a beacon as a quest requirement but it was never added

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
That'll be fixed in the next update. If you haven't already, don't press "Claim Reward." When the update is released you can then use /hqm edit to un-complete the quest.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Update 0.9.0 has been submitted to the 3rd Party Pack Team. This update is mainly for mod updates but I've also added Thaumic Energistics, a few more quests and fixed/tweaked a bunch a quest rewards. This update may be especially important to backup before updating as I've rearranged a few quests.
Added:
Thaumic Energistics

Updated:
  • Forge to 10.13.2.1277
  • AOBD
  • Applied Energistics
  • AsieLib
  • Automagy
  • BigReactors
  • Botania
  • Buildcraft
  • Carpenters Blocks
  • Chisel 2
  • CoFHLib
  • Extra Cells
  • Extra Utilities
  • Forestry
  • Funky Locomotion
  • IguanaTinkersTweaks
  • Jabba
  • Logistics Pipes
  • NEI Integration
  • Open Blocks
  • OpenModsLib
  • HarvestCraft
  • PneumaticCraft
  • Project Red
  • Tinkers Construct
  • Thaumcraft
  • Thaumic Tinkerer
  • Waila
  • WR-CBE
Changes:
  • Added more rewards to a bunch of quests
  • Tweaked reputation 'rewards' for Unfavorable Acts
  • Added 'detection task' to Beacon Unfavorable Act
  • Removed Unfavorable act for Bees
  • Removed Unfavorbale act for the Division Sigil
  • Added reputation rewards to more quests (I think I got all of them this time. Let me know if there are any more 'forever purple' quests.)
  • "Wonder Block" is now an actual quest
  • Added ways to gain reputation at the cost of metals and gems
  • Changed Epic Bacon recipe
  • Removed Elevator XP cost

Reactions: Slaagathor

Aldyn

Jul 29, 2019
I have completed the rep quest 'celebrated' which references an age but there's no link book in the rewards? Did I miss something?

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like I forgot to add the age to that quest. Next update (probably 0.9.5) I'll add it. I'll also think about changing some of the rep rewards. They are kinda lame right now.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Oops, I included Lockdown in the server files... Just delete Lockdown and it should work.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Were there any changes to the Enderlands dimension? We had a grinder/autospawner complex there to collect Ender Pearls and mob essence but now only Eldritch Guardian and Shambling Husks seem to be spawning in our dark room.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
0.9.1 is now on the launcher! Please excuse the splash image mixup. The 3rd Party Pack Team is looking into it.
Also, barring any major progression issues, this will be last beta update before the pack goes stable!

Reactions: BMB78

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone had any issues with the quest for wet cement? The recipe shows 1mb Seared Stone + 1mb Molten Limestone... but the only limestone I'm finding is from Chisel and that doesn't seem to melt.

Any idea where the Tinkers Steelworks limestone might be?

Last edited: