[1.7.10] Arch-Mage Craft - Masters of Magic

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Skid

Jul 29, 2019
It timed out again.

Is not helpful debugging information, where was you what was you doing, the server hung 1 minute after you logged in. Remember as part of the test server I told you to prove this information if the server goes down while your online.

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft just had a major content update (which also broke some of the addons, but most are fast at fixing that), added the Eldritch Lands dimension, a bunch of new items and a new multiblock. So I am really excited to play with it.

Arouka

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft just had a major content update (which also broke some of the addons, but most are fast at fixing that), added the Eldritch Lands dimension, a bunch of new items and a new multiblock. So I am really excited to play with it.

Not to mention, Blood magic took its first major step in the Omega Project (T6 Blood Altar), and witchery just released a major new update that adds modular brews/rituals :D

Skid

Jul 29, 2019
To note, I'll be updating the pack sometime after boxing day now that Ars Magica has a fix ready, I'm also giving strong consideration to a server wipe on this patch, due to most of the core mods having update for them.

Reactions: ZephyrWindSpirit

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
I can go either way on a server wipe, it would be fun to do the progression over again but I lament losing my setup. I leave it up to you.

Hellhound732

Jul 29, 2019
I personally think that the crashes are an issue and that a server eventually needs a reset, but I feel like we should wait for the blood magic update, considering how that would be adding a great deal amount anyway.

Skid

Jul 29, 2019
@Hellhound732
Blood Magic has updated, although the forum thread for the mod hasn't. Here's a link to the download: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/224791-blood-magic/files/2222331

Thanks for that, I knew there was an update but couldn't see it in the beta folder for the mod or on the forum thread.

To note I was warning that I might reset the server, not calling a vote on it :p Ultimately I'll reset the server if I think it best serves the testing of the pack (your playing on the test server testing the pack is the point). There are a number of bugs from the existing mod version that have made the server unstable, and the log is still getting flooded with errors from Thaumcraft and Items or Blocks being in the wrong location. I'll let you know once I have the next update running on my private server instance (which is there to pretty much test that a collection of mods won't crash by itself) and I'll reset the day after that if there is one.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember right, resets don't take that long. Its basically making a new map. So you get the basics, world gen lag everywhere as everyone scatters from others.
Skid's pretty quick on stuff, so I don't expect it to be too long.
Hi all!

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
cool can't wait to try out the new ars magica, anyway is there any estimate on when the update will become a thing?

Last edited:

Arouka

Jul 29, 2019
If we do happen to reset the world, is there any chance we could look into adding Realistic World Gen?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...mods/1281910-teds-world-gen-mods-rwg-owg-bwg4 (3 mods, top one is the one I'm looking at)

Threw it in the pack and didn't experience many issues, seems rather optimized despite it being in alpha. It has Biomes O Plenty support, rarely lags, supports the world gen of most (if not all) the mods in the pack, and the only issue I got was a couple of weird pieces of generation here and there. Not to mention, the terrain looks beautiful.