[1.7.10] Arch-Mage Craft - Masters of Magic

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Can I request my character to be teleported to spawn? Keep getting an Internal Server Error and i've basically ran out of options. If moving my character somewhere else doesn't work then i'm basically locked out of the test server until another world restart happens.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I have a Problem. Since the last Update i cant use the Ars Magica Spellcreation System. I doesnt work. When i put the created spell into the lectern i still hold the book in my hand and a "ghost-book" is in the lectern. After i start crafting and throwing the reags into the altar the game crashes.
It appears no book can be placed in the lectern presently. It brings up the GUI for the enchantment table instead. Tried placing a thaumonomicon in it, and wouldn't take it.

Newbiliar

Jul 29, 2019
Can I request my character to be teleported to spawn? Keep getting an Internal Server Error and i've basically ran out of options. If moving my character somewhere else doesn't work then i'm basically locked out of the test server until another world restart happens.
The same thing here :l

Christof

Jul 29, 2019
Another Input.. is it possilbe to add Ender Storage to the Pack? Its a non Tech-Mod and adds alot of tools especially to a thaumcraft setup.

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Shunraiki, Newbiliar, Try reinstalling your instance, and if that doesn't work, poke Skid repeatedly with a sharp stick.

I tried to connect through both MultiMC and FTB. Reinstalled both instances, restarted, reinstalled FTB.. Nothing :/
Heck I think even Skid doesn't fully understand the problem xD
How it started is odd to: Just left the server and reconnected a few seconds later and error popped up >.<

*pokes skid with a sharp "transfer my character somewhere else" stick* That's about the only other thing i'd like to try before giving up entirely. xD

Newbiliar

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to connect through both MultiMC and FTB. Reinstalled both instances, restarted, reinstalled FTB.. Nothing :/
Heck I think even Skid doesn't fully understand the problem xD
How it started is odd to: Just left the server and reconnected a few seconds later and error popped up >.<

*pokes skid with a sharp "transfer my character somewhere else" stick* That's about the only other thing i'd like to try before giving up entirely. xD
Have you changed your name there? It can conflict with whitelist, maybe this is an issue.

Skid

Jul 29, 2019
Sever died due to a Twilight Forest generation issue, server is running again.

The issue with Ars Magical appears to be Gany's Surface, I'm looking into a config fix, otherwise I'm going to be screwed (Early indications is it is something I might be able to fix via the config).

The issue with the problems connecting to the server I can't directly help you with, on attempting to connect the server is throw a bad packet exception due to a null pointer, since your cilents are the same as everyone elses it must be something specific to your PCs or accounts, it could be an issue with your connection to my ISP. I need you to give me more information, have you recently changed from a Minecraft account to a Mojang one, are your routers and firewalls setup correctly, have you tied logging in with them off, have you tried disabling anything that isn't needed to play minecraft, etc.

Skid

Jul 29, 2019
Found the offending config, will release a hot fix as soon as possible, to manually fix go to your instance folder, open the config directory, then GanysMods, edit ganyssurface.cfg, and change "Enable 1.8 Enchanting Table" to false. This has already been done server side.

Last edited:

Valeriotor

Jul 29, 2019
Just to note, Witchery got a quite large update, including werewolves and lycanthropy, I hope you can update the pack soon, can't wait to play around with the new stuff.

Hellhound732

Jul 29, 2019
I would also like to mention that Ars Magica 2 also has an update ready, at least according to the Arcane Compendium.

Skid

Jul 29, 2019
I would also like to mention that Ars Magica 2 also has an update ready, at least according to the Arcane Compendium.
The compendium is lieing.

Guys, seriously you don't need to tell me when mods update, I'll update the pack when I have the time, or when I think it's a good time to update everything.

I'd like to suggest disabling poop and bat poop in Ganys Surface.
Nope, find a way to use it or deal with it :p

Forger101

Jul 29, 2019
Zombies can pick up the poop and then never despawn, If a player stayed within a certain area long enough there would be a lot of zombies which would effect server performance. Also Gany's Surface has an option for never despawning items within a radius of a player, which could be really bad if a large number of items built up somewhere. The positives for both of these features are far outweighed by the potential to cause a lag death of the server, IMO of course.

On a side note, are you planning on disabling any of the Gany items like the block breaker or magmatic centrifuge, as some items could be considered industrial tech.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a crashlog for you Skid.

I was helping Forger in his base, and got the warp effect 'your stomach suddenly gurgles strangely'. Next thing I know, I've crashed to desktop.
Tried to reenter, crashed again.

I appear to be crashing due to a potion effect on my player. I've had a similar incident happen elsewhere, on Arcanacraft where I crashed repeatedly while under a potion effect.