[1.7.10] AgriCraft

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an API for this? I've got something I'd love to do as an add-on to this mod, specifically soil type blocks that update when the crop on top of them grows. (Alternately, making the crops update the block below them when they cross through growth states)

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an API for this? I've got something I'd love to do as an add-on to this mod, specifically soil type blocks that update when the crop on top of them grows. (Alternately, making the crops update the block below them when they cross through growth states)
Soil degradation?
For the soil to know when the crop grows you'll have to use the AppleCore event.

hilerjm

Jul 29, 2019
Hey InfinityRaider, I'm making a custom mod pack for a semi-private server and wondered if I was allowed to use your mod in said pack. I love your mod btw!

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
Soil degradation?
Got it in one. There's a couple of ways I could go about this, but for now I intend on making it change the crop below it from fertile to infertile. However, there's no reason I can't go all out with this and create a special crop block that has NPK values and have it update those as the crop matures.

Really though, just easier to do it "Rich Fertile Farmland/Fertile Farmland/Farmland/Poor Farmland/Barren Soil" For instance.

Reactions: Lethosos

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Got it in one. There's a couple of ways I could go about this, but for now I intend on making it change the crop below it from fertile to infertile. However, there's no reason I can't go all out with this and create a special crop block that has NPK values and have it update those as the crop matures.

Really though, just easier to do it "Rich Fertile Farmland/Fertile Farmland/Farmland/Poor Farmland/Barren Soil" For instance.
Neat, I'd probably try playing with that in a farmy/survival game. I'm guessing you'll let it replenish slowly over time (faster with organic fertilizer) so one can do crop rotation, etc.

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
Neat, I'd probably try playing with that in a farmy/survival game. I'm guessing you'll let it replenish slowly over time (faster with organic fertilizer) so one can do crop rotation, etc.

In an ideal world, yes. It depends on how I can manage implementation. I've been fiending for a farming mod that handles NPK combos, drainage, and pH balance. >.> I'm a little nuts that way.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Biota does some of that with vanilla mechanics. Dunno how well it meshes with Agricraft, though.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Such a soil quality mechanic would mesh well with the sprinklers.
Might be to much dicking around for the average player. Also how would you handle the fertilizer? Would you just have the 3 elements Phosphor, Nitrogen and Potassium. Or will it also include other secondary minerals like Mg and Calcium?
Fertilizer is WAY WAY more complicated then Vanilla's bonemeal. Most of the time a farmer has to test their feilds in large batches and order a specific blend of nutrients. Usually its the NPK combo but Magnesium and Molybdenum also make regular appearances.
I work in the back office for an agribusiness and fertilizer orders tend to be a pita to get right.
Some of the soil testing invoices are a tad scary too, you'd be surprised how often good ol' Pb ends up in a farmers soil.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LunariusH

Jul 29, 2019
Such a soil quality mechanic would mesh well with the sprinklers.
Might be to much dicking around for the average player. Also how would you handle the fertilizer? Would you just have the 3 elements Phosphor, Nitrogen and Potassium. Or will it also include other secondary minerals like Mg and Calcium?

I had intended on sticking to the Primary three, as that complicates matters enough and gives enough to play with, especially given that the drainage of the soil would come into account.

My original intent was to create a single 'soil' block that held properties like N/P/K, saturation, and drainage, and could potentially change the texture in accordance with where certain values fell.

Considering this was to be the foundation for the introduction of diseases of the soil, crop, infestation, and fungus for the crops themselves, there's going to be more than enough to balance.

Concept Sketches for the Associated Book

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Can someone let me know the MT commands to change a seeds recipe and resource output?
Basically in my modpack, I want the ore seeds to require the block version of the resource, instead of the ore, and I also need to ensure that the resource output is the thermal foundation nugget (as currently it mostly defaults to the TC nugget, and I'm unifying my modpack to ensure just one ingot, nugget, block, dust output regardless of crafting mechanic)

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone let me know the MT commands to change a seeds recipe and resource output?
Basically in my modpack, I want the ore seeds to require the block version of the resource, instead of the ore, and I also need to ensure that the resource output is the thermal foundation nugget (as currently it mostly defaults to the TC nugget, and I'm unifying my modpack to ensure just one ingot, nugget, block, dust output regardless of crafting mechanic)
All commands are found here: https://github.com/InfinityRaider/AgriCraft/wiki/[1.3.*]-MineTweaker3

Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Just a minor thing, in your example at the end of the wiki:
BaseBlock.add(<minecraft:pumpkin_seeds>, <ore:sand>, 1);
BaseBlock.add(<AgriCraft:seedPotato>, <minecraft:dirt>, 2);

.add should be .set as per the blurb above the example.