[1.7.10] AgriCraft

Hirsu

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I've tried adding AgriCraft to my custom version of the Resonant Rise 3 modpack.
When I launch the client, it crashes and produces this crash log. Full log here.

When I remove the mod, the client launches without issues.
Could anybody help me out with this issue please?

I'd love to give this mod a go, looks really awesome :)

Thanks

Edit:

I forgot to mention I'm using version 1.3.1 of AgriCraft. RR3 is running on forge 10.13.2.1291.
The client is being launched through the ATLauncher. I'm running Java 8 Update 40 (64 bit).
Let me know if you need more information.

Also: Een Belgische modder? Cool! :)

Last edited:

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to rewrite the base code of how crops work and I tought I'd share my progress with you guys, two blocks tall crops, might not look that impressive, but thanks to the rewrite stuff like this is very easy to do. as well as supporting many other kinds of stuff both from my side or other mods:
b84c7199f0.jpg

That's actually a big deal - multiblock crops. What happens if you try to break the top part of the crop?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I've tried adding AgriCraft to my custom version of the Resonant Rise 3 modpack.
When I launch the client, it crashes and produces this crash log. Full log here.

When I remove the mod, the client launches without issues.
Could anybody help me out with this issue please?

I'd love to give this mod a go, looks really awesome :)

Thanks

Edit:

I forgot to mention I'm using version 1.3.1 of AgriCraft. RR3 is running on forge 10.13.2.1291.
The client is being launched through the ATLauncher. I'm running Java 8 Update 40 (64 bit).
Let me know if you need more information.

Also: Een Belgische modder? Cool! :)
Villager ID conflict, either disable the villager in the config or change the id in that same config

That's actually a big deal - multiblock crops. What happens if you try to break the top part of the crop?
Theyre not multiblocks, its still only one block

dman11235

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering if anyone has found the absolute fastest way to breed crops to the max values? Anecdotally, I feel that the best way is a line of cross crops (no weeds enabled, using the Regrowth pack), in that even though you don't get as many plants as fast, you reach the max plant faster. You also have to scan seeds less, because you know that until a certain number of breeds you're very unlikely to have a full plant, so you can have a line just go, trash everything but the last one in a line, and scan that last one. What I have seen most people use is the square method, placing a weak seed in a corner of a square (usually 4x4), and letting it spread to the other side. This way I feel is not as good as some people claim, because you have "wasted crosses", times when one plant spreads to an adjacent spot (producing a better seed possibly), and then again to another adjacent spot (also producing a better seed, but no better than the first one). The seeds that are better than their parent aren't given as many chances to become even better, and also you may have competing lines so you end up with two approximately equal in power seeds at the other end, not one seed that's twice as powerful. Now, you will get the entire plot's worth of crops filled faster than with a line, this is absolutely true. But is it actually a faster way to reach full seed value? I should do some math....if anyone can help me with the probabilities and stuff that would be awesome...

EDIT: Also, is there a way to cheat in specific values for seeds, for testing purposes?

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering if anyone has found the absolute fastest way to breed crops to the max values? Anecdotally, I feel that the best way is a line of cross crops (no weeds enabled, using the Regrowth pack), in that even though you don't get as many plants as fast, you reach the max plant faster. You also have to scan seeds less, because you know that until a certain number of breeds you're very unlikely to have a full plant, so you can have a line just go, trash everything but the last one in a line, and scan that last one. What I have seen most people use is the square method, placing a weak seed in a corner of a square (usually 4x4), and letting it spread to the other side. This way I feel is not as good as some people claim, because you have "wasted crosses", times when one plant spreads to an adjacent spot (producing a better seed possibly), and then again to another adjacent spot (also producing a better seed, but no better than the first one). The seeds that are better than their parent aren't given as many chances to become even better, and also you may have competing lines so you end up with two approximately equal in power seeds at the other end, not one seed that's twice as powerful. Now, you will get the entire plot's worth of crops filled faster than with a line, this is absolutely true. But is it actually a faster way to reach full seed value? I should do some math....if anyone can help me with the probabilities and stuff that would be awesome...

EDIT: Also, is there a way to cheat in specific values for seeds, for testing purposes?

The absolute fastest way for a single crop is by having 4 mature crops adjacent to a crosscrop (the more plants around it, the higher the increase in stats), this also requires the most manual work. Also a lot depends on how the modpack has set up their configs. So there really isn't an "absolute fastest way" to get 10/10/10.

And yes there is a way to cheat in specific values for seeds if and only if you are me inside my dev environment.

dman11235

Jul 29, 2019
aww...I was hoping to be able to runs some tests and stuff, but that's okay.

And what I mean by fastest way is from 1/1/1 to 10/10/10, what method seems fastest to most people. I'm away from my computer at the moment (the one with configs on it anyways), so do the configs have how long between cross crop checks, percent chance that a crop spreads on each "tick", and chance for an increase in plant stats in them? I know it has that second thing, but what about the other two?

Something I didn't mention last post, but do want to is that I think this mod is amazing, and I can't wait to use it in a pack that has Harvestcraft.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
aww...I was hoping to be able to runs some tests and stuff, but that's okay.

And what I mean by fastest way is from 1/1/1 to 10/10/10, what method seems fastest to most people. I'm away from my computer at the moment (the one with configs on it anyways), so do the configs have how long between cross crop checks, percent chance that a crop spreads on each "tick", and chance for an increase in plant stats in them? I know it has that second thing, but what about the other two?

Something I didn't mention last post, but do want to is that I think this mod is amazing, and I can't wait to use it in a pack that has Harvestcraft.

The general config options that influence this is the fact that weeds are enabled or not, the difficulty of crossing crops and the option to allow crops spreading from a single crop to increase stats

GrammieFi

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's actually the fastest way but I plant my seeds in a 3x3 square, like:
XSX
SXS
XSX where X is a cross crop and S is a seed. I fully mature the seeds before setting the cross crops. (I go through a lot of bonemeal)
I don't wait for all the cross crops to mutate. I pick them and analyze the new plant as soon as I see it instead of waiting for all of them to spread. Then I replace the weakest of the existing plants with the new one. When the center one spreads it gets the biggest boost, but the four corners get some boost and planting them right away gives some boost to any others coming behind. I tried at first having a full circle of 8 plants around one cross crop but it seems slower. Only one new seed can be produced at a time so only one of the lower value plants can be replaced.

I haven't tried a line of them, but I have weeds enabled. My method requires quite a bit of babysitting, but it doesn't seem to take all that long to go from four 1/1/1 seeds to four 10/10/10 seeds.

Reactions: rivvest

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's actually the fastest way but I plant my seeds in a 3x3 square, like:
XSX
SXS
XSX where X is a cross crop and S is a seed. I fully mature the seeds before setting the cross crops. (I go through a lot of bonemeal)
I don't wait for all the cross crops to mutate. I pick them and analyze the new plant as soon as I see it instead of waiting for all of them to spread. Then I replace the weakest of the existing plants with the new one. When the center one spreads it gets the biggest boost, but the four corners get some boost and planting them right away gives some boost to any others coming behind. I tried at first having a full circle of 8 plants around one cross crop but it seems slower. Only one new seed can be produced at a time so only one of the lower value plants can be replaced.

I haven't tried a line of them, but I have weeds enabled. My method requires quite a bit of babysitting, but it doesn't seem to take all that long to go from four 1/1/1 seeds to four 10/10/10 seeds.

Using this method, propagating around a 7x7 with a sprinkler, I was able to grow wheat from 1/1/1 to 10/10/10 in maybe 6 or 7 minutes. Glowstone (tier 3) took around 22 minutes. (I'm using Regrowth settings - no weeds, difficulty 2, planted on Garden Soil.) Definitely the fastest method I've found - and definitely requires the most babysitting.
Get your first four seeds, then make the 3x3. Analyze new seeds and replace with cross crops; the analyzed seed moves out to the end of the line to create a new 3- or 4-parent box. In general, anything within the range of the last two 4-parent boxes will be good enough to move forward. Everything else remains in place and can be harvested while you wait.

1. After a seed grows, move it out next to the edge cross-crop with 2 parents
2. Next seed moves out to make a 3-parent box
3. Next seed moves out to complete the 4-parent box
4. Repeat
Code:
X S X   X S X N   X S X S    X S X S     X S X S + N   H S X S X S  
S X S   S X S     S X S +    S X S X N   S X S X S     S X S X S +  
X S X   X S X     X S X N    X S X S     X S X S       H S X S + N    

H H H S X S +                   + = new cross crop 
H H S X S X N                   N = new seed 
H H H S X S                     H = harvestable
With one side complete, time to turn the corner. Repeat and continue.
Code:
H H H S X S X   H H H S X S X   H H H H H S X   H H H H H S X
H H S X S X S   H H S X S X S   H H H H S X S   H H H H S X S
H H H S X S +   H H H S X S X   H H H H H S X   H H H H H S X 
            N           N + S           S X S           S X S
                                          N               S +
                                                            N
And so on. Once you get back to the beginning, if you aren't already 10/10/10, dig up the low valued seeds to make room for continuing.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
What is the height limitation on the sprinklers? I don't want to put them too high above the farms. Thanks.

4everfreekin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey dude,
I'm playing FTB Infinity and wanted to test out Agricraft. I put a crop and in it a seed (normal vanilla seed). Around it I put crosscrops and when I joined the server today they where many plants grown. So I hit them... but it only dropped the crop. No seed, nothing. Then I grabbed the gardening trowel and tried o get the seeds... but nothing just the crop. I hope u can help me because this mod looks really awsome.

(sorry for my english I'm german xD)
4everfreekin

4everfreekin

Jul 29, 2019
And also the sprinkler doesn't work. U say that no more water source is needed but the farmland every time turns into dirt. I counted the space between the ground and the sprinkler 4 blocks and then comes the sprinkler. Is that to far away?

4erverfrrekin

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Hey dude,
I'm playing FTB Infinity and wanted to test out Agricraft. I put a crop and in it a seed (normal vanilla seed). Around it I put crosscrops and when I joined the server today they where many plants grown. So I hit them... but it only dropped the crop. No seed, nothing. Then I grabbed the gardening trowel and tried o get the seeds... but nothing just the crop. I hope u can help me because this mod looks really awsome.

(sorry for my english I'm german xD)
4everfreekin
Those are weeds, if you leave empty crops chances are that weeds will grow on them and take over your entire farm, while crossing crops, tend to your crops.

And also the sprinkler doesn't work. U say that no more water source is needed but the farmland every time turns into dirt. I counted the space between the ground and the sprinkler 4 blocks and then comes the sprinkler. Is that to far away?

4erverfrrekin
4 blocks between the sprinkler and the ground? there should be at max 3 blocks between them because the max range is 4 blocks away. It also just does a 7x7

4everfreekin

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok. Thx dude. Another question: If i put irrigation channels I only can put sprinkers on the first 3 irrigation channels after them I can't put a sprinkler.
Why?

4everfreekin

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
My personally preferred method for raising a crop up to 10/10/10, YMMV:

Get 4x of a crop in four cardinal directions around an empty place that can accept a Crops. Plant the same crop in all four. Wait until they all fully mature. Plant cross-crops in the middle. As soon as you get something growing in your cross-crops, immediately break it, and scan it. Odds are, it is better than at least one of the four crops you currently have planted. Replace the worst (or pick from the worst if there are multiples) with the newest crop. Wait for that one crop to regrow. Rinse, wash repeat.

It may not be the absolute fastest, but it works well enough for me.