[1.7.10] AgriCraft

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Right now I'm working on different features, but in the future I'll be looking into integration for more harvesting (Forestry, Ender IO, heck maybe even steve's carts if possible) options. I'll add RoC to that list as well then.
But it'll probably be a while, so if you want it really soon, maybe ask Reika to do it from his side, but i'm afraid he will be even more busy then me :s.

@InfinityRaider

Is there support for Steve's Carts for your crops in the current version of your mod? :p

Hiranus0

Jul 29, 2019
@InfinityRaider

There is problem with Canola Plants. normally they produce 10-16 seeds (im not sure about exact numbers), but on crops only 4 with best plant. Is there any config that i can tweak to get appropriate drop rate?

There is also issue with Slippery Bees that Reika created. They have effect of accelerating canola plants, but they don't work on crop version of this plant. I dont think that this can be fixed, but if you have time please look at it.

Other than that, this mod is GREAT :)

Edit:
After some testing it looks like 10 10 10 canola plants are 1/4 faster than normal canola plants and they are easier to automate :)

Last edited:

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I've used Agricraft in Pathfinder, Regrowth and Bee Happy, and now am using it in my own private pack. And i'm having a very frustrating time with it, because for some reason the mod is not working the same as it was in those other packs.
For example:

- I am having a very hard time getting 10/10/10 seeds. When I crossbreed two of same crop to get an improved seed, it's very hard to get one that's actually improved. And the higher the parent seeds' stats are, the more likely it is to get an much inferior seed rather than an better one. It is a really random and time-wasting and it's not at all how the mod worked for me in Pathfinder, Regrowth or Bee Happy. I can have two parents seeds that are say, 8/8/10 and I get 2/3/1 seed from them. This makes no sense.

- Some crops appear to be unable to mutate over a certain point. I tried mutation Harvestcraft peanuts and they're stuck at 4/5/5, no matter how I plant them to try to improe them. Same problem with vanilla potatoes--I can't get past 8/8/10.

- In Pathfinder, Regrowth and Bee Happy, once I got a 10/10/10 seed of a certain crop. I tilled a large area, 7x7 or so, and would plant that 10/10/10 seed in the corner, and when it spread,, all the seeds I got were also 10/10/10. I tried to do that in my private pack, and I'm getting all sorts of things, 6/6/6, 3/3/3. 4/5/3, whatever. It is so hard to get another 10/10/10 seed from 10/10/10 parent seeds. I don't understand it. I'm having this problem with both vanilla and Harvestcraft crops.

- The crops are not responding to irrigtation or an ExU watering can like they have in Pathfinder, Regrowth and Bee Happy. And bonemealing the parent seeds seems to almost guarantee an inferior seed offspring.

I have tried disabling Hunger Overhaul, thinking it might be the problem.That didn't help. I tried copying the Agricraft config files from Pathfinder, thinking maybe it was a config issue, and nope, that did not change anything. I checked versions of Agricraft and Harvestcraft and I'm using Agricraft 1.3.1, like in the other packs, and Harvestcraft 1.7.10i, like I did in BeeHappy

Can anyone tell me what is going on? This is making the mod impossible to use, as I can't rely on it to produce usable mutations, and that's a huge disappointment, given how much I loved using it in Pathfinder, Regrowth and Bee Happy.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know if the MFR Fertilizer machine works on the crops in recent versions?
I tried it out in the version of AS2 but the Fertilizer doesn't seem to affect the crops. I also tried using a bag of bonemeal from Natura on crops and sadly that also didn't seem to work.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I've used Agricraft in Pathfinder, Regrowth and Bee Happy, and now am using it in my own private pack. And i'm having a very frustrating time with it, because for some reason the mod is not working the same as it was in those other packs.
For example:

- I am having a very hard time getting 10/10/10 seeds. When I crossbreed two of same crop to get an improved seed, it's very hard to get one that's actually improved. And the higher the parent seeds' stats are, the more likely it is to get an much inferior seed rather than an better one. It is a really random and time-wasting and it's not at all how the mod worked for me in Pathfinder, Regrowth or Bee Happy. I can have two parents seeds that are say, 8/8/10 and I get 2/3/1 seed from them. This makes no sense.

- Some crops appear to be unable to mutate over a certain point. I tried mutation Harvestcraft peanuts and they're stuck at 4/5/5, no matter how I plant them to try to improe them. Same problem with vanilla potatoes--I can't get past 8/8/10.

- In Pathfinder, Regrowth and Bee Happy, once I got a 10/10/10 seed of a certain crop. I tilled a large area, 7x7 or so, and would plant that 10/10/10 seed in the corner, and when it spread,, all the seeds I got were also 10/10/10. I tried to do that in my private pack, and I'm getting all sorts of things, 6/6/6, 3/3/3. 4/5/3, whatever. It is so hard to get another 10/10/10 seed from 10/10/10 parent seeds. I don't understand it. I'm having this problem with both vanilla and Harvestcraft crops.

- The crops are not responding to irrigtation or an ExU watering can like they have in Pathfinder, Regrowth and Bee Happy. And bonemealing the parent seeds seems to almost guarantee an inferior seed offspring.

I have tried disabling Hunger Overhaul, thinking it might be the problem.That didn't help. I tried copying the Agricraft config files from Pathfinder, thinking maybe it was a config issue, and nope, that did not change anything. I checked versions of Agricraft and Harvestcraft and I'm using Agricraft 1.3.1, like in the other packs, and Harvestcraft 1.7.10i, like I did in BeeHappy

Can anyone tell me what is going on? This is making the mod impossible to use, as I can't rely on it to produce usable mutations, and that's a huge disappointment, given how much I loved using it in Pathfinder, Regrowth and Bee Happy.

1. Make sure the parent plants are all matured before trying to crossbreed. Also 4 parent plants works better than just 2. Just my own experience.

2. Same as above. As long as your config has the max stats set as 10, you should be able to get your crops to 10/10/10.

3. Default configuration disallow that. Having a 10/10/10 crop spread on it's own will have inferior offspring. You will need at least two 10/10/10 crop to spread 10/10/10 offsprings.

4. Check your configuration. I have AgriCraft on default (mostly) and I have no issues with ExU Watering Can, nor do I have issues with bonemealing the parent crop (before they were mature). Only thing I can't do with bonemeal is to force mutation on cross cropsticks. And that is the default config, where one could change it so that bonemeal can force mutations/crop spread.

5. Copying configs directly isn't the best option most of the time since some mod packs does have customised configs and other mods that ties in with Agricraft. Best to do your own config for your own pack.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
For example:

There are difficulty settings in the config, and its also explained what they do. Irrigation should still work though, so that's something that is weird.

does anyone know if the MFR Fertilizer machine works on the crops in recent versions?
I tried it out in the version of AS2 but the Fertilizer doesn't seem to affect the crops. I also tried using a bag of bonemeal from Natura on crops and sadly that also didn't seem to work.
I can add support for those.

@InfinityRaider

There is problem with Canola Plants. normally they produce 10-16 seeds (im not sure about exact numbers), but on crops only 4 with best plant. Is there any config that i can tweak to get appropriate drop rate?

There is also issue with Slippery Bees that Reika created. They have effect of accelerating canola plants, but they don't work on crop version of this plant. I dont think that this can be fixed, but if you have time please look at it.

Other than that, this mod is GREAT :)

Edit:
After some testing it looks like 10 10 10 canola plants are 1/4 faster than normal canola plants and they are easier to automate :)
Sorry for the late reply, they drop 4 fruits to be consistent with all the rest, and besides they will grow a lot faster when maxed out, indeed.

Reactions: Yusunoha

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
MFR Fertilizer basically bonemeals crops in it's area and consumes a compost/industrial fertilizer (I forgot which but it is the one made from sewage in a Composter).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Can you just give me a quick description of what they (should) do? I'm lazy and I havent played mc in months...

there's 2 fertilizers in MFR, one is an item that acts like bonemeal, which can be produced either through crafting or through sewage in a composter, where sewage is collected from animals through a sewer, and another is a machine that can use the fertilizer to grow crops for you.

the bonemeal bag from Natura is as the name implies, a bag of bonemeal, but instead of growing 1 crop it'll grow crops in a 3x3 area, as a bag of bonemeal is made out of 9 bonemeal.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Mods interfacing with mfr things has always historically been a pita. In the past PoweCrystals (that's who maintains MFR right? ) had to code each crop manually to get planters to use other mod seeds. Don't think that is the case now though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Mods interfacing with mfr things has always historically been a pita. In the past PoweCrystals (that's who maintains MFR right? ) had to code each crop manually to get planters to use other mod seeds. Don't think that is the case now though.

He used to. Now Team CoFH maintain it.

The MFR Fertilizer is a machine which consumes Industrial Fertilizer (made with liquid Sewage + power in a Composter) and power to instantly grow (think pre-nerf bonemeal effect) crops in an area in front of it. Starts off as a 3 x 3 area, but can be increased with the right upgrades. It only hits one square at a time, though, using your standard left to right bottom to top algorithm, although it can move pretty darn rapidly.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that Fertilizers shouldn't have that effect on Agricraft crops because it obviates one of the three stats (growth). Perhaps it could act as a growth tic or something, that might be more in tune, but even that might be unbalanced when combined with everything else a player has access to for growth purposes (irrigation sprinklers, Open Blocks sprinklers, Fertilized Dirt from RandomThings, Watering Can from ExUtil, Lamp of Growth from Thaumcraft...).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
He used to. Now Team CoFH maintain it.

The MFR Fertilizer is a machine which consumes Industrial Fertilizer (made with liquid Sewage + power in a Composter) and power to instantly grow (think pre-nerf bonemeal effect) crops in an area in front of it. Starts off as a 3 x 3 area, but can be increased with the right upgrades. It only hits one square at a time, though, using your standard left to right bottom to top algorithm, although it can move pretty darn rapidly.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that Fertilizers shouldn't have that effect on Agricraft crops because it obviates one of the three stats (growth). Perhaps it could act as a growth tic or something, that might be more in tune, but even that might be unbalanced when combined with everything else a player has access to for growth purposes (irrigation sprinklers, Open Blocks sprinklers, Fertilized Dirt from RandomThings, Watering Can from ExUtil, Lamp of Growth from Thaumcraft...).

it should work about the same as bonemeal, which means if the crop has better stats you'll need less bonemeal to fully grow it.
but I am of the opinion that it may be a bit too powerful, so in my opinion fertilizer should boost a crop's growth less than bonemeal.
so for example if it'd take 2 bonemeal to fully grow a crop, it'll take 4 fertilizer to fully grow a crop.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You could balance it to make it so Agricraft crops have a chance to die or revert growth on bonemeal use. To replicate what happens if you over fertilize, the phosphor and nitrogen based fertilizers can damage the plants, it can corrode the tissues of the plant.
In fact fertilizer irl is a use as needed thing anyway. Most modern farmers need their farmland analyzed and fertilizer blends prescribed per plot of land and type of crop.

Why would you even want fertilizer support. The beauty of a 10/10/10 crop is that they grow and yeild satisfactorily enough to not need growth enhancement. It's like how I believe a company that factory farms Chickens, when they claim they don't use growth hormone. As they have already engineered the chicken to the point where they make enouth of their own growth hormome that adding extra becomes economically unviable.

Actually I'd like to see a similar system like Agricraft applied to livestock mobs. You could have the regular fair plust some oddities. Like domestic spiders that create cobweb blocks. Or a special breed of creeper that doesn't self destruct but lays little explosive eggs that spray around gun powder. Your stats could be produce (affects laying) size (more meat) and health (either more hp or to combat disease which would be the livestock analog to weeds, it would be akin to resistance).

Reactions: InfinityRaider