[1.7.10] AgriCraft

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
First, great mod, thank you for all the time & effort you've put into it!

Second, I could do with a little bit of help. I'm putting a modpack together and after changing loads of configs, I'm now getting a VillagerRegistry error:

Initially, changing the ID in the config fixed the issue, however after a few other config changes for other mods I can't get past this error.

So far I have tried several different ID's, chosen randomly, as well as setting the following in the Agricraft config and I still can't get it to launch:

If I disable Agricraft, the entire pack launches and plays fine. Do you have any idea or suggestions that I could try as I would really like the mod in the pack? If there's any information I can provide, please ask.
Thank you!
This was fixed in the latest version. (Yes, I know it's called an alpha release. It's completely stable.)
Indeed this is fixed in 1.4 and is now a problem of the past and indeed 1.4 is quite stable.
Note however that I'll be pushing a new version (1.4.0-alpha-9) to CurseForge in a few minutes, where I've overhauled some more code, so some things might be derpy, I've tested a lot, and everything I found ahs been fixed, however if you find anything more, please report. Also it'll have the seed storage blocks which are completely new and are (except by myself) completely untested.

DreamingSheep

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for double posting, but I've found an issue too:

the following recipe crashes the game:
<error:null> <= {<empty>, [minecraft]tile.wood/32767(ore), <empty>, <empty>, [minecraft]item.ingotIron/0(ore), <empty>, [minecraft]tile.fenceIron/32767, [minecraft]item.bucket/0, [minecraft]tile.fenceIron/32767}

I can't see what it's crafting, but I think that's the sprinkler?

If you're wondering, that was with using the following mods (still fails to launch in the pack, but obviously successful on it's own):
Argicraft
CodeChickenCore
NEI

Edit - I can't find a recipe for the Sprinkler and it's name isn't localised, it's displayed as: "tile.agricraft:sprinkler.name" in NEI. I can spawn one in and it does function as expected.

Last edited:

DreamingSheep

Jul 29, 2019
I see you've promoted it to Beta :) I'm still getting that error I pastebin'd a few posts ago though when launching in my pack, any ideas what it might be? The only thing I can imagine is if another mod is changing seeds that Agricraft is also trying to go something with?

Just one thing, I know it's beta, but the storage items/blocks and the sprinkler still have unlocalised names (tile.agricraft:seedStorage...). I'm not complaining, just a heads up in case it was missed.

I've also just noticed, and I'm assuming this is to make life easier, but the tanks and storage items seem to have the same particles when breaking.

Edit - Ok, weird, so the full pack wasn't even generating configs for Agricraft, so I copied the configs from the test instance I made just for Agricraft and it launches fine. These configs were generated by the Beta. Odd, but working, kind of.

Final Edit - So it seems something is causing some of my configs to not load and as such some mods are using default configs. It's really confusing me but is probably what happened with your configs. I need to do some testing because oddly enough, it's not 'InGame Mod Configs' causing it, which was my first guess.

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I see you've promoted it to Beta :) I'm still getting that error I pastebin'd a few posts ago though when launching in my pack, any ideas what it might be? The only thing I can imagine is if another mod is changing seeds that Agricraft is also trying to go something with?
Delete your old configs, does it still happen then?

Just one thing, I know it's beta, but the storage items/blocks and the sprinkler still have unlocalised names (tile.agricraft:seedStorage...). I'm not complaining, just a heads up in case it was missed.
The seedstorage ye I might have forgotten about that, the sprinkler, thats weird because I fixed that, might have derped though

I've also just noticed, and I'm assuming this is to make life easier, but the tanks and storage items seem to have the same particles when breaking.
Ye, just wood planks

Edit - Ok, weird, so the full pack wasn't even generating configs for Agricraft, so I copied the configs from the test instance I made just for Agricraft and it launches fine. These configs were generated by the Beta. Odd, but working, kind of.

Final Edit - So it seems something is causing some of my configs to not load and as such some mods are using default configs. It's really confusing me but is probably what happened with your configs. I need to do some testing because oddly enough, it's not 'InGame Mod Configs' causing it, which was my first guess.
I'm confused, what?

DreamingSheep

Jul 29, 2019
I read the changelog before launching and saw you made changes to the config files, so all of this has been with the old configs already being deleted.

When trying to launch my main pack, for some reason no config files are being generated for Agricraft, but I'm also noticing that some config changes aren't working (like disabling particles in Botania). I can only assume that either forge or another mod are causing an issue with configs and think it also explains why I was having issues with the villager ID in the previous version.

I can confirm that config files are generated if I launch a smaller pack with Agricraft and a couple of other mods, so it's not Agricraft causing the issue.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I read the changelog before launching and saw you made changes to the config files, so all of this has been with the old configs already being deleted.

When trying to launch my main pack, for some reason no config files are being generated for Agricraft, but I'm also noticing that some config changes aren't working (like disabling particles in Botania). I can only assume that either forge or another mod are causing an issue with configs and think it also explains why I was having issues with the villager ID in the previous version.

I can confirm that config files are generated if I launch a smaller pack with Agricraft and a couple of other mods, so it's not Agricraft causing the issue.
Well that sucks, guess you'll just have to add a batch of mods at a time to check what's causing it.

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't used this mod yet, but I'm excited to do so, it looks like it's right up my alley (seriously I play a houseplant simulator occasionally). However, I do have a question. From what I understand, if you enable the resource crops option in the configs, and tell it to regenerate the default recipes, it will add mutations for crops for resources added by mods. However, I'm a little unclear as to which mods have default recipes. I know Pam's Harvestcraft is supported, and I've seen people talking about Botania and Witchery. Are Magical Crops, Ars Magica 2, and Thaumcraft supported? By which I mean, do they have default mutations for their seeds?

I know it's possible to add custom crops in, but I'm barely comfortable with installing mods on my own instead of via a launcher, and I hadn't even heard of Minetweaker before this, so if I can avoid it to add in mutations for these mods, that would be nice.

securitywyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Question: What is the vertical range of a sprinkler? I'm wondering if this would work for a tree farm if I placed it high enough so it doesn't block the tree growth.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
In the 1.4.0Beta, there's some localization and rendering issues with the seed storage system. Rendering might be because of Optifine because Optifine, but the localization issues are there regardless.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
In the 1.4.0Beta, there's some localization and rendering issues with the seed storage system. Rendering might be because of Optifine because Optifine, but the localization issues are there regardless.
Ye I've already fixed the localization issues. And what rendering issues are you experiencing?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Ye I've already fixed the localization issues. And what rendering issues are you experiencing?
There was a crash I got that said 'object already tesselating' where the image in NEI is just a flame and trying to create one crashes you. However, I'm willing to assume that is a problem of Optifine HD U C1. It was intermittent, it didn't happen every time, which further leads me to believe that it was Optifine's fault. It might also be because I am running Java 8

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
There was a crash I got that said 'object already tesselating' where the image in NEI is just a flame and trying to create one crashes you. However, I'm willing to assume that is a problem of Optifine HD U C1. It was intermittent, it didn't happen every time, which further leads me to believe that it was Optifine's fault. It might also be because I am running Java 8
Probably Optifine. I guess theyre doing something with the Tessellator, and I made my own one to allow rotatin, scaling and other matrix operations, all the actual rendering calls are still being forwarded to Minecraft's Tessellator though.

Le_Flemard

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
I just saw on your github that you are working on a computercraft api. But I have somes question about it :p
  1. What will we be able to do ? (just reading seeds stats like I saw on the github, or also place crops and seeds too?)
  2. Will it be for end game or mid game ? (I strongly advise to be able to use it right when you can craft computer)
  3. Will the turtles have limitations ? (like prevent mutation from occurring and the like)
  4. And lastly.... Can I ask about a eta for it ? :D (you don't have to answer that, take your time :) )
Thanks for this amazing but still grindy mod!

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
I just saw on your github that you are working on a computercraft api. But I have somes question about it :p
  1. What will we be able to do ? (just reading seeds stats like I saw on the github, or also place crops and seeds too?)
  2. Will it be for end game or mid game ? (I strongly advise to be able to use it right when you can craft computer)
  3. Will the turtles have limitations ? (like prevent mutation from occurring and the like)
  4. And lastly.... Can I ask about a eta for it ? :D (you don't have to answer that, take your time :) )
Thanks for this amazing but still grindy mod!

1. It'll be a sensor, meaning it'll be able to 'read' the crops, but not interact with it. You'll have to use turtles interacting with the crops and the peripheral to actually do stuff.
2. The crafting recipe will not be anything too crazy, it'll have a computer, some redstone and a seed analyzer in it.
3. No that'd be silly.
4. You can always ask for an ETA, but if you'll get an answer is another thing.

Le_Flemard

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Every things good except one little thing :
...You'll have to use turtles interacting with the crops and the peripheral to actually do stuff. ...
The only problem is, as of right now, turtle can't place cross crops or seeds on placed crops (they can however till dirt and place the initial crop (but only in front of the turtle). The only thing that can place cross crop or seed in the ftb pack is the autonomous activator from TE (and only downward). I'm not sure if it's a bug or it's working as intended tho.
Thanks o/

Last edited: