[1.7.10] AgriCraft

kajoman

Jul 29, 2019
Had a rethink on the "all the things mentality" . Going back to NEI and getting the crops I want rather than my initial scatter gun approach. Got maxed out barley for my Food generator now and maxed out wheat for cows.

Also I assumed it would make a difference maxing out the stats before cross breading. Is this not right?
It does help, BUT it will likely divide the stats the crop would have inherited by 2 or 3, depending on whatever the config in the modpack/mod is set to (unless it's set to 1, then it keeps everything the way it was. Most modpacks that I've seen don't do this, making one grind each time for a super crop). That being said, the recovery process back to 10/10/10 can be sped up by cross-breeding four plants simultaneously with one cross-crop, allowing for stat jumps of 5 at times per generation. Then it's just a matter of cloning the plant three more times and doing another round. Using this method it is generally possible to get a crop up to 10/10/10 status in a matter of 6 generations or less, depending on your luck.

Reactions: buncheesy

Kaelthanas

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've used Agricraft on many a server and there's one thing I'd like to recommend. If it is at all possible, can the channels be able to link downwards, going with the law of gravity on this one, to allow for tiered irrigation systems? even sloped channels would be phenomenal

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've used Agricraft on many a server and there's one thing I'd like to recommend. If it is at all possible, can the channels be able to link downwards, going with the law of gravity on this one, to allow for tiered irrigation systems? even sloped channels would be phenomenal
I'm not going to add this in sorry.

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
You could achieve more or less the same result by having small water tanks at each level you want, and feeding water using a normal fluid/liquid pipe/conduit into the tanks from your water source.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to ask this terrible question, but a quick search of "1.7" and "1.8" didn't get me any answers: do you plan to do any more releases for 1.7.10? You've implemented a couple of features I'd asked for for my modpack, and I'd like to know if I should keep waiting for them? If you were *not* planning on releasing another 1.7.10 version, please don't take this as encouragement to do so. Please stick to your own time table.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to ask this terrible question, but a quick search of "1.7" and "1.8" didn't get me any answers: do you plan to do any more releases for 1.7.10? You've implemented a couple of features I'd asked for for my modpack, and I'd like to know if I should keep waiting for them? If you were *not* planning on releasing another 1.7.10 version, please don't take this as encouragement to do so. Please stick to your own time table.
I have no plans to move to 1.8

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Fore those who wanted their channels connect to supports decently (yes I know the lighting is still broken):
93989dd649.jpg

el119

Jul 29, 2019
I have no plans to move to 1.8
What does that mean? Is this mod NEVER going to update to 1.8 or is it going to update when the other big mods update. And are there more 1.7.10 releases to come or is this mod DEAD. It would be sad if this mod is discontinued. Who wants a mod that isn't going to update. And there are lots of persons that could continue this mod. The idea was really good and it's well implemented. If you don't plan to continue the mod this thread could be closed.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
What does that mean? Is this mod NEVER going to update to 1.8 or is it going to update when the other big mods update. And are there more 1.7.10 releases to come or is this mod DEAD. It would be sad if this mod is discontinued. Who wants a mod that isn't going to update. And there are lots of persons that could continue this mod. The idea was really good and it's well implemented. If you don't plan to continue the mod this thread could be closed.

Feel free to fork the source code and make a 1.8 version. The code is licensed MIT so you can do that.

Jul 29, 2019
Have you read this thread at all lately? InfinityRaider has been doing a ton of work lately, adding new features and optimizing old ones to work even better.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Jumping to conclusions at all here? He simply stated that he has no intention to move to 1.8 (at least at this moment in time). This does not imply in any way shape or form that the 1.7 version won't get updated.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Besides, it's already a ton of work to go 1.8, thanks to how Lex changed the rendering code, for example.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I've basicly been rewriting the entire codebase, which you could see if you looked at the commit history on my github

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Also a large part of the modding community is planning to just skip 1.8, and for good reason. Not everyone is going to, but expect some of the mods that you know to do that.