[1.7.10] AgriCraft

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I have a follow on question.

If the server was to modify it's settings for Agricraft, what would happen to with none modified Infinity clients connecting to that server? Would they work properly, or would there be some form of clash?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I have a follow on question.

If the server was to modify it's settings for Agricraft, what would happen to with none modified Infinity clients connecting to that server? Would they work properly, or would there be some form of clash?
There'd be items on the server that arent on the client so there would be a clash.

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
OK, can I make a feature request? Hope this is the right place.

That when connected to a server, the client uses the server config for AgriCraft and not the local settings?

Chris97b

Jul 29, 2019
Hello InfinityRaider,

I am currently working on a private modpack for myself and a few friends (5-6 people). I have been thoroughly enjoying Agricraft on Agrarian Skies 2, and would love to include it. I have been unable to find any licensing information however, and would like to request your permission to include Agricraft in my pack.

Thanks!

--
Chris

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Hello InfinityRaider,

I am currently working on a private modpack for myself and a few friends (5-6 people). I have been thoroughly enjoying Agricraft on Agrarian Skies 2, and would love to include it. I have been unable to find any licensing information however, and would like to request your permission to include Agricraft in my pack.

Thanks!

--
Chris
License is on the Github, and you can use in whatever pack you like

OK, can I make a feature request? Hope this is the right place.

That when connected to a server, the client uses the server config for AgriCraft and not the local settings?
Items are registered during the startup of Minecraft, when you connect to a server Minecraft is already loaded and thus I can't register any more items.

kajoman

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, back again; I've been working on starting that file of textures and seed scripts (starting with Thaumcraft, since it has a little bit of everything), but I came across a problem when I started the Shimmerleaf plant. I was planning on making it's required block a Silverwood Log (making it a parasite of the wood) but turns out if one places the log sideways it gets a different meta-data than the straight upwards log (it grows fine with the upwards facing log, but not in any other orientation). So, is there any way to add multiple required block possibilities to a custom crop, or do something to bypass this? (I could always use Cinnabar Ore instead, but that seems a bit unusual in the Thaumcraft Universe)

EDIT: I have started a GitHub repository to hold the code for everything; however I'm still working on getting the textures uploaded to the site (or links to another site, such as drop-box, if need be). Here's the link: https://github.com/ostk822/AgriCraftCrops

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, back again; I've been working on starting that file of textures and seed scripts (starting with Thaumcraft, since it has a little bit of everything), but I came across a problem when I started the Shimmerleaf plant. I was planning on making it's required block a Silverwood Log (making it a parasite of the wood) but turns out if one places the log sideways it gets a different meta-data than the straight upwards log (it grows fine with the upwards facing log, but not in any other orientation). So, is there any way to add multiple required block possibilities to a custom crop, or do something to bypass this? (I could always use Cinnabar Ore instead, but that seems a bit unusual in the Thaumcraft Universe)

EDIT: I have started a GitHub repository to hold the code for everything; however I'm still working on getting the textures uploaded to the site (or links to another site, such as drop-box, if need be). Here's the link: https://github.com/ostk822/AgriCraftCrops
Multiple requirements is something I'm going to add in, however adding thaumcraft plants is something I've got covered: https://github.com/InfinityRaider/A...tibility/thaumcraft/ThaumcraftHelper.java#L64

kajoman

Jul 29, 2019
Multiple requirements is something I'm going to add in, however adding thaumcraft plants is something I've got covered: https://github.com/InfinityRaider/A...tibility/thaumcraft/ThaumcraftHelper.java#L64

Alright, so I guess I should focus on resource crops (like Tallow, Aspect Crystals, possibly Crystalized Essentia, with the disclaimer that they are, in fact, resource crops)? Also, since I'm frankly rather garbage with JavaScript, I couldn't tell be a look over the code you posted if the textures were generated. I assume they were, but in the case that they aren't would it be alright for me to post my custom textures online?

P.S. Forgive me for my persistence in the matter, I'm just searching for a way to contribute to the mods that make Minecraft so enjoyable for me, even if it's only in a tertiary sense

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
Y'know, this thread is right here, and I'm logged in. So... meh. I'll overcome my lurkitude.

I just wanted to say thank you, Infinity. Agricraft is not some epic-in-scope mod of dooooom. I never, ever thought IC2's crops were anything worthwhile. Farming isn't the most glamorous thing anyway.

And yet... I find that when I scan through packs, the very first thing I look for (and conveniently it's near the top!) is Agricraft.

In these crazy packs of adventurous adventure, do I delve into magical mysteries and work my way toward core-burrowing, nuclear powered laser systems? No... I take my watering can and make some awesome carrots. And I shamelessly enjoy it, damn it.

If that's not a sign of some great work on your part, I have no idea what is.

You have brought Lumie many happy hours of root-vegetable monitoring, and I'm appreciative.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I guess I should focus on resource crops (like Tallow, Aspect Crystals, possibly Crystalized Essentia, with the disclaimer that they are, in fact, resource crops)? Also, since I'm frankly rather garbage with JavaScript, I couldn't tell be a look over the code you posted if the textures were generated. I assume they were, but in the case that they aren't would it be alright for me to post my custom textures online?

P.S. Forgive me for my persistence in the matter, I'm just searching for a way to contribute to the mods that make Minecraft so enjoyable for me, even if it's only in a tertiary sense
Textures are not auto-generated, but I have textures for them already if that's what you're asking.

Y'know, this thread is right here, and I'm logged in. So... meh. I'll overcome my lurkitude.

I just wanted to say thank you, Infinity. Agricraft is not some epic-in-scope mod of dooooom. I never, ever thought IC2's crops were anything worthwhile. Farming isn't the most glamorous thing anyway.

And yet... I find that when I scan through packs, the very first thing I look for (and conveniently it's near the top!) is Agricraft.

In these crazy packs of adventurous adventure, do I delve into magical mysteries and work my way toward core-burrowing, nuclear powered laser systems? No... I take my watering can and make some awesome carrots. And I shamelessly enjoy it, damn it.

If that's not a sign of some great work on your part, I have no idea what is.

You have brought Lumie many happy hours of root-vegetable monitoring, and I'm appreciative.
Your making me blush now, and thanks for making my day with your reply.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to have crafting two crop sticks together make a cross crop stick so you only need to right-click once to make them? It would make large farms a lot easier to build.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It means you can shift the extra right click to some kind of auto-crafting mechanism, most likely AE. I personally feel it's easier to just right click twice.
(Ofc if doing manually it's actually more clicks do craft the double crops, unless you making batches at once.)

buncheesy

Jul 29, 2019
+1 Luminary from a non farming minecrafter whose just spent and entire night absorbed in the peacful art of coaxing barley, wheat, carrots, potatoes (so far) from one end of a 7x7 to the other across sticks. My infinity future is looking very rural. Could be thinking of how to get that draconic ball thingy or a sea of blood or a purple void teleport hub but instead am sitting at work contemplating building a barley powered world and a Kitchen .......

Fantastic mod!

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
Hours? I spent days, 5 to 10 hours or more each day, figuring out crops in Infinity (all the Youtube videos for it seem to be for thingy Skies, where the setup is quite different) and then growing level 10 potatoes and cotton plants, much as I like Agricraft and what it does, the setup for it on Infinity is very grindy which given that ore crops are disabled seems somewhat pointless.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Hours? I spent days, 5 to 10 hours or more each day, figuring out crops in Infinity (all the Youtube videos for it seem to be for thingy Skies, where the setup is quite different) and then growing level 10 potatoes and cotton plants, much as I like Agricraft and what it does, the setup for it on Infinity is very grindy which given that ore crops are disabled seems somewhat pointless.
Well there are different difficulty settings to change the grindyness. The grind is more of a way to balance out the immense yield of maxed out crops, my intention was to first crossbreed to the crop you want and then max that one out, instead of maxing out every single crop and then hoarding ridiculous amounts of items.

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
Well there are different difficulty settings to change the grindyness. The grind is more of a way to balance out the immense yield of maxed out crops, my intention was to first crossbreed to the crop you want and then max that one out, instead of maxing out every single crop and then hoarding ridiculous amounts of items.
Indeed, I can see you've given mod pack makers a huge amount of flexibility, and I can see the need to make people pay a price for getting ore plants, but grinding for so long on potatoes (my choice) which I then used to power my base with for quite while before switching over to BigReactors in the last few days seems like a huge amount of effort for something that doesn't really impact anything. But please, don't take this as a criticism of your mod, in the default configuration I can understand why you've set it up the way you have, my criticism (although mild as its an annoyance rather than anything worse) is for whoever decided that in Infinity the powerful crops would be removed, but the grind would left in.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
If you're doing it manually, the watering can speeds it up a hell of a lot since it affects spreading as well as the crops growing.

buncheesy

Jul 29, 2019

Had a rethink on the "all the things mentality" . Going back to NEI and getting the crops I want rather than my initial scatter gun approach. Got maxed out barley for my Food generator now and maxed out wheat for cows.

Also I assumed it would make a difference maxing out the stats before cross breading. Is this not right?