[1.7.10] AgriCraft

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this is a little out of line, but may I request a status report on the next update?

I would like to update Plant Mega Pack but the newer version still crashes with Agricraft. Also it might be worth noting that 10paktimbits deletes old versions of Plant Mega Pack when he releases new ones. So currently, there isn't really a way for players to easily download a version of Plant Mega Pack that works with Agricraft unless they have it already.
I'm in the middle of my exams atm, so I won't be doing much for AgriCraft, my exams end 17th of June, so in a week or two after that date.

In the meantime, I won't stop anyone of cloning the 'CropRewrite' branch and compiling it.

truboo42

Jul 29, 2019
If this is an homage to IC2 crops, when don't you add in a weed killer? For those people whom are too lazy to turn off weeds in the configs. It's annoying when you get 10/10/9 and then that ONE chance, and suddenly your crop is a weed and gone forever.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
If this is an homage to IC2 crops, when don't you add in a weed killer? For those people whom are too lazy to turn off weeds in the configs. It's annoying when you get 10/10/9 and then that ONE chance, and suddenly your crop is a weed and gone forever.
Yes well, don't leave crops unattended, I have an idea for weed control, but I have a lot of other stuff to do in the meantime.

Reactions: LostBMe

SIrPhoenixBlood

Jul 29, 2019
i just noticed this mod does not add a seed for yellorium from big reactors mod is there a way to make it add that ore? and does someone have a scrip from minetweaker to make Resource crop drop ore not nuggets?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
i just noticed this mod does not add a seed for yellorium from big reactors mod is there a way to make it add that ore? and does someone have a scrip from minetweaker to make Resource crop drop ore not nuggets?
You can always add it in yoruself using the custom crops feature, however I have on issues with it being in the mod itself. For me it is very easy to add ina new resource crop, I just have to add an oredict tag and a crop name to list. The issue is I'm very very bad at textures, so if you can supply me with 4 textures for the growth stages and 1 for the seed, I'll add it in myself.

SIrPhoenixBlood

Jul 29, 2019
You can always add it in yoruself using the custom crops feature, however I have on issues with it being in the mod itself. For me it is very easy to add ina new resource crop, I just have to add an oredict tag and a crop name to list. The issue is I'm very very bad at textures, so if you can supply me with 4 textures for the growth stages and 1 for the seed, I'll add it in myself.

all done then :p how would u like me to send u the .png flies :D i ask this because i have not made my first 5 post yet so i get this message right now "If you post a link in your first 5 posts on the forums it will not display immediately, our team will validate your post before it is visible."

(it was far more easy then you think all i had to do was rerecycle the gold plant and chance the colors to match yellorium ingot i wanted to go with a radioactive sigh as the plant but sadly when a png is that small its hard to make such things and still look good)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
all done then :p how would u like me to send u the .png flies :D i ask this because i have not made my first 5 post yet so i get this message right now "If you post a link in your first 5 posts on the forums it will not display immediately, our team will validate your post before it is visible."

The mod team has been expanded so we can approve things much faster than before, so don't be concerned about that. It's just our system to catch spam bots so they don't flood the forums.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

I don't know if this may be possible, but would it perhaps be possible to add a dynamic system for the textures of crops and seeds?
you'd create several base images of crops and seeds, and through configurations you'd be able to give them color.
so if you were to add your own crop, you can choose between several base images for the crops and for the seeds and give them the color you want.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
welll here is the link then its all in that .rar file (its 21 KB) i am not very good with names so yea lol
Thanks but I'd prefer them to be not similar to any other flower so all crops can easily be distinguished from eachother.

I don't know if this may be possible, but would it perhaps be possible to add a dynamic system for the textures of crops and seeds?
you'd create several base images of crops and seeds, and through configurations you'd be able to give them color.
so if you were to add your own crop, you can choose between several base images for the crops and for the seeds and give them the color you want.
I've been thinking of this as well, but I have no idea how to do that :(

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks but I'd prefer them to be not similar to any other flower so all crops can easily be distinguished from eachother.

I've been thinking of this as well, but I have no idea how to do that :(

well, I have no coding knowledge so this may be completely useless, but perhaps you could ask @RWTema for some help?
RWTema made the mod Dense Ores where there's dense versions of vanilla ores, and through configurations you can add other ores aswell. the texture for the ores are automatically generated and can be configured aswell

it's probably best to just quote the information of the mod...

it's the Dense Ores mod created by @RWTema.
RWTema said:
This mod adds 'dense' versions of ore blocks that will drop 3x the items that regular ore will. It generates about 1-10 dense blocks per chunk (replacing already generated ores). for an overall increase in ores of about 5%.

The textures for the dense ores are dynamically generated from the base ores texture and the equivalent 'stone' texture. This means that you won't need to create a new texture for your texture packs (although you can create one anyway if you're not happy with the way it looks) .

In addition new ores can be added through the config system, details of which plus examples can be found of the github. Please note that this is intended primarily for modpack developers and as such is not recommended for basic users.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
well, I have no coding knowledge so this may be completely useless, but perhaps you could ask @RWTema for some help?
RWTema made the mod Dense Ores where there's dense versions of vanilla ores, and through configurations you can add other ores aswell. the texture for the ores are automatically generated and can be configured aswell

it's probably best to just quote the information of the mod...

it's the Dense Ores mod created by @RWTema.
Thats different, what that does is it takes a background (stone, netherrack, ...) and the pixels where the ore speckles are and shifts those a in the x and y directions for some arbitrary distances (I mimicked it in paint.NET for Osmium :p). Flowers are more complicated.
One possible thing is to have a mature texture and a non mature texture, and for the none mature stages just shift the texture down, but that's kinda dull imo (it would reduce the needed memory though).

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I see in various videos that I can grow ore crops, but I can't find any documentation or help that says how... I'm using FTB Infinity, is it possible? If so, how?

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
Not that I see, what should I look for?

Can't see anything for growing ores by searching for "Seeds", "Agricraft" or "Ore".

UPDATE: Have found how to find all the mutations in NEI, there are 85 listed, none of which are an ore, and none of which show using a block of any type beneath the soil.

I take it that means growing ores is disabled in Infinity?

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Not that I see, what should I look for?

Can't see anything for growing ores by searching for "Seeds", "Agricraft" or "Ore".

UPDATE: Have found how to find all the mutations in NEI, there are 85 listed, none of which are an ore, and none of which show using a block of any type beneath the soil.

I take it that means growing ores is disabled in Infinity?
If the seeds don't show up it means they are disabled yes, if you want to enable them, simply go to the configuration file and enable resource crops as well as regenerate defaults (this will regenerate the mutations config so you can actually get those seeds legitimatly)

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
If the seeds don't show up it means they are disabled yes, if you want to enable them, simply go to the configuration file and enable resource crops as well as regenerate defaults (this will regenerate the mutations config so you can actually get those seeds legitimatly)
OK thanks for your replies, playing on a server, so not an option I'm afraid...