[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Found another gem in a config file, this time holoinventory:

# Valid modes:
# 0: Always display hologram.
# 1: The key toggles the rendering.
# 2: Only render hologram while key pressed.
# 3: Don't render hologram while key pressed.
I:keyMode=0

Reactions: jtmnf

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Found another gem in a config file, this time holoinventory:

# Valid modes:
# 0: Always display hologram.
# 1: The key toggles the rendering.
# 2: Only render hologram while key pressed.
# 3: Don't render hologram while key pressed.
I:keyMode=0

So - if I set the keyMode to 2, then I don't have to see the entire contents of my Apiarist Chest pop up if I look the wrong direction, but I can still hit a button to look in a chest without opening it? *doesn't mess with config files much*

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
So - if I set the keyMode to 2, then I don't have to see the entire contents of my Apiarist Chest pop up if I look the wrong direction, but I can still hit a button to look in a chest without opening it? *doesn't mess with config files much*
/holoinventory ban can be used in-game to disable inventories from showing up, as well

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
/holoinventory ban can be used in-game to disable inventories from showing up, as well

I don't suppose there's a setmode command, is there? There are many cases where the holoinventory is useful (what chest did I put that wand in?), but certain others where it's overwhelming (a full Apiarist chest has 125 item types in it) or just plain inaccurate (a barrel with one item more than a stack in it shows as '64'. A nearly full, diamond-upgraded barrel also shows as '64'.)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I don't suppose there's a setmode command, is there? There are many cases where the holoinventory is useful (what chest did I put that wand in?), but certain others where it's overwhelming (a full Apiarist chest has 125 item types in it) or just plain inaccurate (a barrel with one item more than a stack in it shows as '64'. A nearly full, diamond-upgraded barrel also shows as '64'.)
Don't think so. I pretty much disable all chests, barrels, drawers, etc storagey stuff. Years of not having holoinv made me good at not losing stuff I guess :D

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Wait, so holoinventory is that thing which makes all items in that chest/inventory (duh) pop up? Grrrr.... *grabs computer and goes config hunting*

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm just going to put this out there, but is anyone else surprised that in a mod based on bees, Magic Bees has very few things that you can actually do with just plain honey? The fact that most of the bees that one would want to put on fast production also give Honey Combs doesn't help with that either.

(I also think it would be really cool if the Rocky Combs could actually produce stone chunks when centrifuged, in the manner of Ex Nihilo.)

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering: Was it your intent that people can circumvent the whole beegonia mana production by just crafting floral fertilizer using vanilla dyes?

I would recommend to disable floral fertilizer completely or maybe only allow the dye from petals (which you have to get from botanic bees). Second option sounds a bit less evil, but still forces people to go the beegonia route.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just going to put this out there, but is anyone else surprised that in a mod based on bees, Magic Bees has very few things that you can actually do with just plain honey? The fact that most of the bees that one would want to put on fast production also give Honey Combs doesn't help with that either.

(I also think it would be really cool if the Rocky Combs could actually produce stone chunks when centrifuged, in the manner of Ex Nihilo.)
I'm aware of things like that, and I think that they should be different, but I didn't find a away to change that :\

Just wondering: Was it your intent that people can circumvent the whole beegonia mana production by just crafting floral fertilizer using vanilla dyes?

I would recommend to disable floral fertilizer completely or maybe only allow the dye from petals (which you have to get from botanic bees). Second option sounds a bit less evil, but still forces people to go the beegonia route.
Probably you are right... I say "probably" because I don't have a lot of time this days... I was going to put an update today, but my head was like "No, the computer says nooo" (old joke)... Probably before the new year I'll release it and change all the stuff that you pointed out :)

Thank you :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm aware of things like that, and I think that they should be different, but I didn't find a away to change that :\

Oh, nothing at all on you. That's why I specified the mod and not the mod-pack. Hope that makes sense - I'm running around finishing up Christmas stuff myself.

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
I try to help where I can :)

The server provider (Nitrous Networks) are looking into it, but they have a 'reset the server' option, which installs a default Minecraft installation. I then used FTP to remove all files from that installation and uploaded the BeeHappy server files. Since other people have made this work, I assume it's a host issue, but I'm not sure what. They're on it (suggested a legacy java fixer mod, which didn't help), so I'll progress with them as well, and feedback if I hear anything.

Thanks again so far!

FYI - The server host team have solved it. Apparently it's a combination of me renaming the 'minecraft_server_1.7.10.jar' to 'minecraft_server.jar' instead of renaming the 'forge*.jar' file; as well as needing to including a java fix that they have access to. I'm finally playing it properly on a server; thanks again for your help, and congrats on a great modpack!

*Edited to prevent modpack being spellchecked to 'mudpack'...

Last edited:

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
@Creator: Why BC is not included into this pack? it would have been really awesome with a oily/refined bees quest... :(
I can try to mess around with that, but adding another mod only for the bees seems a bit heavy... But if you can find more people that want that, I can add it :)

deenkayros

Jul 29, 2019
I can try to mess around with that, but adding another mod only for the bees seems a bit heavy... But if you can find more people that want that, I can add it :)

Everyone knows BC i don't think you'll troubles to add it and it's awesome not only for the bees but even for robots (really smart in the latest vers) :D

kowy

Jul 29, 2019
Rural queen makes troubles, it was a post on July 2015
Industrial Apiary doesn't recognise magical crops wheat !

Also kinda issue
From the start are no water drones, the quests asks for some ! The only way is to buy it from store, so collect 64 honey combs just for that is kinda ...

Last edited:
X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Rural queen makes troubles, it was a post on July 2015
Industrial Apiary doesn't recognise magical crops wheat !

Also kinda issue
From the start are no water drones, the quests asks for some ! The only way is to buy it from store, so collect 64 honey combs just for that is kinda ...
You can still plant a vanilla wheat seed (one that has not been planted on agricraft crops) on dirt, and the apiary will recognise it. Alternatively, you can just imprint the trait Flowers: Flowers on the Rural Bees.

Next, you should receive a Water Queen from a quest, and cycle those through an apiary, to get some spare drones, since it produces 3 drones per cycle, and you only need 1 to breed.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
You can still plant a vanilla wheat seed (one that has not been planted on agricraft crops) on dirt, and the apiary will recognise it. Alternatively, you can just imprint the trait Flowers: Flowers on the Rural Bees.

Next, you should receive a Water Queen from a quest, and cycle those through an apiary, to get some spare drones, since it produces 3 drones per cycle, and you only need 1 to breed.
Exactly what I was going to say, thank you :)

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Is the deep dark supposed to be a thing or disabled. Just asking because we have it disabled and a player asking about it.

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
I had a problem with one of the quests, The one that gave you your first ingots. (Back To Basics > Ores>) The Text said that it gave us 16 (Lead, Copper,Iron,Tin,Gold,Silver) but the actual award only gave us 8, was this change in an update?

@Slind How did you get the division sigil ?
@rivvest Thanks for the info on the /holoinventory ban command, very helpful.
@xXx_Snivy_xXx There is a quest that you get that gives you a Fertility 4 gene I put that on alot of my bees and have tons of drones to feed to the Beegonias.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I had a problem with one of the quests, The one that gave you your first ingots. (Back To Basics > Ores>) The Text said that it gave us 16 (Lead, Copper,Iron,Tin,Gold,Silver) but the actual award only gave us 8, was this change in an update?

@Slind How did you get the division sigil ?
@rivvest Thanks for the info on the /holoinventory ban command, very helpful.
@xXx_Snivy_xXx There is a quest that you get that gives you a Fertility 4 gene I put that on alot of my bees and have tons of drones to feed to the Beegonias.

Yeah, I can't stand it on large chests. Or things that already display the contents. To answer other questions not aimed at me :) you can get the sigil from killing the Wither, Loonium, or chests in the Deep Dark. There was a change in the quest reward but the text wasn't updated.