[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Is the deep dark supposed to be a thing or disabled. Just asking because we have it disabled and a player asking about it.
It's your choice ;)

I had a problem with one of the quests, The one that gave you your first ingots. (Back To Basics > Ores>) The Text said that it gave us 16 (Lead, Copper,Iron,Tin,Gold,Silver) but the actual award only gave us 8, was this change in an update?

@Slind How did you get the division sigil ?
@rivvest Thanks for the info on the /holoinventory ban command, very helpful.
@xXx_Snivy_xXx There is a quest that you get that gives you a Fertility 4 gene I put that on alot of my bees and have tons of drones to feed to the Beegonias.
My bad with the quest! The 8 ingots are correct ;)

Reactions: Vanewolf29
X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

I had a problem with one of the quests, The one that gave you your first ingots. (Back To Basics > Ores>) The Text said that it gave us 16 (Lead, Copper,Iron,Tin,Gold,Silver) but the actual award only gave us 8, was this change in an update?

@Slind How did you get the division sigil ?
@rivvest Thanks for the info on the /holoinventory ban command, very helpful.
@xXx_Snivy_xXx There is a quest that you get that gives you a Fertility 4 gene I put that on alot of my bees and have tons of drones to feed to the Beegonias.
Yes, that was from an old update. Uh, isn't the gene sample supposed to be for a quest which requires you to hand in a Fertility 4 Rocky Bee? :p

EDIT: After refreshing the page, I realised jtmnf answered that... XD

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yes, that was from an old update. Uh, isn't the gene sample supposed to be for a quest which requires you to hand in a Fertility 4 Rocky Bee? :p

There is a quest farther along the quest tree that gives you a Fertility 4 gene sample without requiring you to turn the result back in.

Reactions: jtmnf

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf Another question, that Im curious about is Pam's Harvestcraft. NEI says that you can mutate basic crops to get the seeds but is the chance for that mutation really low? Do you have to use Humus or will it work on basic tilled soil (Farmland) ? For instance (Beans = Pumpkin+Potato) NEI says it will work on Farmland is the mutation chance really really small?

M

Minerproblem

I got pretty far in one game, then it started crashing. The logs said something about Cuprum bees having an invalid allele. (My guess is the flowering allele which, instead of a speed, is labeled "forestry.allele.maximum".)

So I started a new game, which now has a bizarre issue. Despite having worked in my prior game, Thermal Dynamics servos suddenly won't let me access their menu. It pops up and immediately disappears. I can keep the menu open if I access it while holding the Beeftronics Diagnostics Tool, but then I can't pick up items from my inventory to add them to the blacklist. It seems to grab the item above what I click, then keeps picking up wrong items and seemingly erasing the ones I put down. When I finally got the correct items in the blacklist, the servo appears to be on ('lit' red arrow) but doesn't do anything. If I open it again, the blacklist is empty.

Help? Thanks! A solution to either problem would be very much appreciated. :)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I hit a few issues with dodgy alleles before- it actually came from my multifarm though it blamed the demonic bee.
Go to config→ forestry→ common, and find the genetics tab. There should be the option to clear invalid alleles.​
This'll allow you to open the world, and clear out the problem.
(my multifarm was spitting out forest drones until I voided the lot and rebuilt it)

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf Another question, that Im curious about is Pam's Harvestcraft. NEI says that you can mutate basic crops to get the seeds but is the chance for that mutation really low? Do you have to use Humus or will it work on basic tilled soil (Farmland) ? For instance (Beans = Pumpkin+Potato) NEI says it will work on Farmland is the mutation chance really really small?
I have to see that, but I think NEI shows the soil and the percentage!

deenkayros

Jul 29, 2019
Question: How can I get another "modest" bee? Unfortunately I used all of them without saving their genetic specie.... thx

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Mutation works. Tips for getting it to work: Make sure that your parent crops are fully mature. Immature crops will not work. My usual setup is to set up a 3x3 of tilled farmland (unless the desired mutation requires special soil like Rice, the Mystical Flowers, etc.). Put one parent species in the center of the north and south edges, and one in the center of the east and west edges. Wait for all four crops to reach 100% and put cross-crops in each corner. Watch carefully for weeds (unless that's been fixed).

Question: How can I get another "modest" bee? Unfortunately I used all of them without saving their genetic specie.... thx

Save up 96 honey combs and get one through the Store chapter.

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
Mutation works. Tips for getting it to work: Make sure that your parent crops are fully mature. Immature crops will not work. My usual setup is to set up a 3x3 of tilled farmland (unless the desired mutation requires special soil like Rice, the Mystical Flowers, etc.). Put one parent species in the center of the north and south edges, and one in the center of the east and west edges. Wait for all four crops to reach 100% and put cross-crops in each corner. Watch carefully for weeds (unless that's been fixed).

Thanks, I got it working I think I was using the wrong crop, although Im not sure. As for the special soils, Im familiar with those. Mystical Flowers I believe use dirt. Although I kinda wish we had garden soil in this one.. Im so used to that from Regrowth... its hard to remember not to jump around LOL

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
I have to see that, but I think NEI shows the soil and the percentage!

It does show the soil but not the percentage.. at least that I saw. I think I was using the wrong crop (and that will muck it up every time LOL) Thanks. !

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks, I got it working I think I was using the wrong crop, although Im not sure. As for the special soils, Im familiar with those. Mystical Flowers I believe use dirt. Although I kinda wish we had garden soil in this one.. Im so used to that from Regrowth... its hard to remember not to jump around LOL

Actually, in this pack they need Podzol. I've posted a couple of ways to get Podzol earlier in the thread. (And I kinda miss Garden Soil as well.)

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Actually, in this pack they need Podzol. I've posted a couple of ways to get Podzol earlier in the thread. (And I kinda miss Garden Soil as well.)
I should seriously try out Regrowth... well idrk since I'm pretty busy with Infinity Evolved... :/ Suggestions?

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Okay thanks guys. I just started out, and got my first copper essence. XP

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
@jtmnf I got as far as I could in Regrowth. My computer is kinda crappy I started lagging so bad I could barely play. I do have a favor, could you look into the Pam's harvestcraft recipes, I found a few, like spinach, that don't have mutations. (Personally I like "farming" it gives me something to do while my industrial apiaries are building up materials... Although the diamond queens... Yikes 1% chance to give a diamond comb... even with production upgrades.. And those only make a diamond shard in the centrifuge.. I think I have made 1 diamond so far.. and that took about 4 hours of play.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

@jtmnf I got as far as I could in Regrowth. My computer is kinda crappy I started lagging so bad I could barely play. I do have a favor, could you look into the Pam's harvestcraft recipes, I found a few, like spinach, that don't have mutations. (Personally I like "farming" it gives me something to do while my industrial apiaries are building up materials... Although the diamond queens... Yikes 1% chance to give a diamond comb... even with production upgrades.. And those only make a diamond shard in the centrifuge.. I think I have made 1 diamond so far.. and that took about 4 hours of play.
You can get spinach from a Market.
I think Diamandi Bees are better. They need austere bees so good luck on that XD, but they produce a diamond shard at a 6% rate, much better than a Diamond Bee from Extra Bees, and that saves power, as you don't need to centrifuge it. (Well power shouldn't be an issue)