[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
@jtmnf : Here, this is what I've added to the MyM server to fix the recipes so feel free to use it yourself if you like ;)
In place of the mana petals in uses a couple extra normal petals, but then each of the 3 flowers also requires one magicbees essence item, the Beegonia which kills bees requires an Essence of a Shallow Grave, the Hiveacynth which creates bees requires an Essence of False Life, and the Hibeescus which turns ignoble into pristine require Essence of Fickle Permanence, each of which requires Soul wax that comes from the Spirit bee tree... clever ehh?!

That's really quite brilliant.

Reactions: jtmnf

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what you mean; the quest accepted everything except the Common Queen.
When you made the common queen via the advanced mutatron, there were two listed you could create. Only the first one listed works for the quest (as mentioned in the book).

R

rhunya

When you made the common queen via the advanced mutatron, there were two listed you could create. Only the first one listed works for the quest (as mentioned in the book).
I just used a common queen I'd already bred. That would be why then. Weird.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
#magicbees botania fix
mods.botania.Apothecary.removeRecipe("beegonia");
mods.botania.Apothecary.addRecipe("beegonia", [<ore:petalYellow>, <ore:petalYellow>, <ore:petalYellow>, <ore:petalWhite>, <ore:petalWhite>, <MagicBees:miscResources:8>]);
mods.botania.Apothecary.removeRecipe("hiveacynth");
mods.botania.Apothecary.addRecipe("hiveacynth", [<ore:redstoneRoot>,<ore:petalLightBlue>, <ore:petalCyan>, <ore:petalCyan>, <ore:petalCyan>, <ore:petalBlue>,<ore:petalBlue>,<ore:petalBlue>,<MagicBees:miscResources:7>]);
mods.botania.Apothecary.removeRecipe("hibeescus");
mods.botania.Apothecary.addRecipe("hibeescus", [<ore:redstoneRoot>,<ore:petalPurple>, <ore:petalBrown>, <ore:petalRed>,<ore:petalRed>,<ore:petalRed>, <ore:petalMagenta>,<ore:petalMagenta>,<ore:petalMagenta>,<ore:petalMagenta>, <ore:petalOrange>,<ore:petalOrange>, <ore:runePrideB>, <ore:runeEnvyB>, <ore:runeGreedB>, <ore:runeSummerB>, <ore:runeAirB>, <MagicBees:miscResources:12>]);
@jtmnf : Here, this is what I've added to the MyM server to fix the recipes so feel free to use it yourself if you like ;)
In place of the mana petals in uses a couple extra normal petals, but then each of the 3 flowers also requires one magicbees essence item, the Beegonia which kills bees requires an Essence of a Shallow Grave, the Hiveacynth which creates bees requires an Essence of False Life, and the Hibeescus which turns ignoble into pristine require Essence of Fickle Permanence, each of which requires Soul wax that comes from the Spirit bee tree... clever ehh?!
Thank you :)

Reactions: chaosblad3

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I just used a common queen I'd already bred. That would be why then. Weird.
HQM doesn't give sufficient options for detection, and there's something different about those two. You can always reset the quest and try again with /hqm edit.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone know if the Apiarist Suit protects against the Austere Bee's 'Creeper' effect? If not, I'm neutralizing that puppy before I start it in the hive.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

I've decided to pause playing this modpack as I want to play with bees on the Unleashed modpack. I got Noble bees (which are imperial bees now), but geez, the Diligent bees are sure as elusive as heck.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Does anyone know if the Apiarist Suit protects against the Austere Bee's 'Creeper' effect? If not, I'm neutralizing that puppy before I start it in the hive.
It's more than a puppy. It's an OMGWUT EXPLODING puppy. And those aren't enough descriptions... I just died to explosions once too many times...

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
A friend asked me to do some videos for his new Youtube channel so I picked this mod pack as I always liked using Bees in other mod packs. Its been a few month since I have played minecraft which I am sure shows in the videos but after a slow start I am really starting to enjoy the pack.

I make plenty of mistakes and never made videos before but if you are interested here is a link:

**Edit** - New videos of this are only posted every other day, I think the first 4 are currently watchable but there are nine episode so far, only just getting as far as Auric bees

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
For those trying to keep the bees as 'unmodified' as possible, Dead Bushes (for Arid bees, needed for Skeletal bees) can be obtained by letting passive Botania flowers (like Dayblooms) decay. Dead Bushes can also be sheared and tossed into a Mana Pool to make a 'Boreal Seed', which creates Podzol the same way that the Pasture Seed creates grass. This, in turn, can be used to crossbreed your Mystical flowers, which can be sheared with a right-click to provide for your Blossom Bees.

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
I've started playing this again after a long break, it's how I chill out when things get stressful, Just sit and do some bee-keeping for a while :p

It looks really nice with a shaderpack installed too, by the way, not too hard to run either since it's a skyblock.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I've started playing this again after a long break, it's how I chill out when things get stressful, Just sit and do some bee-keeping for a while :p

It looks really nice with a shaderpack installed too, by the way, not too hard to run either since it's a skyblock.

The videos are very good! And the sharders? Oh god, it gives another look to the pack! Thank you :) I already added you on the second post :)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
For those trying to keep the bees as 'unmodified' as possible, Dead Bushes (for Arid bees, needed for Skeletal bees) can be obtained by letting passive Botania flowers (like Dayblooms) decay. Dead Bushes can also be sheared and tossed into a Mana Pool to make a 'Boreal Seed', which creates Podzol the same way that the Pasture Seed creates grass. This, in turn, can be used to crossbreed your Mystical flowers, which can be sheared with a right-click to provide for your Blossom Bees.
You can also get Podzol from a Sludge Boiler.. I'm interested to see if you can find a way to get the Ender Egg for End bees. :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You can also get Podzol from a Sludge Boiler.. I'm interested to see if you can find a way to get the Ender Egg for End bees. :)

Podzol from a sludge boiler was actually one of my first thoughts. It was the plastic and machine frames that pushed it down the list. I ended up getting it from the Market (via spruce trees and a handful of shears), but the Boreal Seed method would have avoided 'jumping ahead' on the quest tree. At the moment, I'm doubting that I can get either the egg or the thaumic flowers. The only way to get an egg without going to the end is through Draconic Bees.