[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Odd - mine says 'true'. And I know I haven't accessed the configuration screen until you asked me to check.

EDIT: Looking further through the Agricraft options, it looks like everything is set to the default. My personal outlook is that I play modpacks the way that the creator intended, so if there are any other 'non-default' values that you've set, I'd be more than happy to correct them.
That's really weird... I think you don't need to change anything more than that :) but I don't get it, I download the pack to check the default settings (I have a copy of the modpack, of course, but I wanted to check this by the FTB launcher) and it was false... I don't understand why yours came set as true... Really odd...

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that was the fastest I've ever torn through a modpack. In part because I didn't derp around overbuilding infrastructure.

Given the nuggets only from bees bit, I wonder if the alchemy recipes for nuggets was left in on purpose. Obnoxious as waiting on bees for nuggets was, I resisted the urge to use a wood to metalum recipe I found. This was really my first time combining bees with thaumcraft, and I was pleased to see some great aspects on bee products. Also, freaking Beegonias. Once I got those I changed all my bees to shortest lifespan and pumped the excess drones into an open crate. Just swimming in Terrasteel. Boatloads of platinum too. Methinks the winsome bee is a bit OP, just one was giving me more plat than I could use in a lifetime.

Reactions: jtmnf

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that was the fastest I've ever torn through a modpack. In part because I didn't derp around overbuilding infrastructure.

Given the nuggets only from bees bit, I wonder if the alchemy recipes for nuggets was left in on purpose. Obnoxious as waiting on bees for nuggets was, I resisted the urge to use a wood to metalum recipe I found. This was really my first time combining bees with thaumcraft, and I was pleased to see some great aspects on bee products. Also, freaking Beegonias. Once I got those I changed all my bees to shortest lifespan and pumped the excess drones into an open crate. Just swimming in Terrasteel. Boatloads of platinum too. Methinks the winsome bee is a bit OP, just one was giving me more plat than I could use in a lifetime.
I hope that "speed" was a good thing to the modpack :p I focus on introducing Bees and let people enjoy everything of them :)
And yes, Beegonias can be very good (if you have "infinite" bees) or very bad (try to not throw any special bee near a Beegonia - I did that a few times... Shame on me)...

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
I did dump a couple of bees into that system that I didn't want to, but didn't lose them. I was using the metered crate trick that I usually use for feeding endoflames. (hopper into open crate over wooden pressure plate, redstone from pressure plate to hopper, so that it only dispenses when there is nothing left on the ground; and an auxiliary stone pressure plate to stand on while I dump stuff in, so nothing runs until I leave). Any important bees, such as ethereal, used in much breeding, gets a genetic template made and added to a filing cabinet/genetic library. That way I don't have to worry about losing them, and can imprint more as needed.

For this pack, speed was a good thing. A tightly themed pack like this is going to be a bit limited in what you can do within the theme without it getting grindy. I did find it a bit tedious toward the end, though if I'd jumped on the alveary quest sooner, I would have done a set it and forget it submission system for the bulk combs. Instead, there was a lot of idling. Oh well.

Still, I had fun, and it inspired some ideas for the modpack I'm thinking of making (no bees immediately available, but there will be a way of getting genetic templates, and you need a loonium to get the resources to build the machines, mwa ha ha)

Reactions: rivvest and jtmnf

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Still, I had fun, and it inspired some ideas for the modpack I'm thinking of making (no bees immediately available, but there will be a way of getting genetic templates, and you need a loonium to get the resources to build the machines, mwa ha ha)

The loonium, or the orechid? I can see both being handy (I have the Loonium on my 'to do' list especially for the Steadfast bees), but the Orechid is going to give you metal and so-forth.

Of course, both require Pixie Dust, so you'll want to figure a way to progress to the Alfheim Portal without them.

N

NeaGigel2015

Just updated to 2.0.7 and now I cannot craft the carpenter from forestry anymore... reverted to 2.0.6 and I cannot load my world anymore in this version. So, I created a new world from scratch to see if the recipe is available in NEI and it is.

Please provide a changelog during updates so we can know what has been changed.

EDIT: just checked further into this and it seems that all the machineries from forestry do not have a crafting recipe shown in NEI anymore. It's just that the recipe is not shown in NEI, but if you try to craft in a crafting table you can craft them. Maybe there is an update for NEI also?

EDIT 2: I replaced CodeChickenCore, CodeChickenLib and all NEI and NEI addons with their previous versions from 2.0.6 and now everything works as before..

Last edited:

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Just updated to 2.0.7 and now I cannot craft the carpenter from forestry anymore... reverted to 2.0.6 and I cannot load my world anymore in this version. So, I created a new world from scratch to see if the recipe is available in NEI and it is.

Please provide a changelog during updates so we can know what has been changed.

EDIT: just checked further into this and it seems that all the machineries from forestry do not have a crafting recipe shown in NEI anymore. It's just that the recipe is not shown in NEI, but if you try to craft in a crafting table you can craft them. Maybe there is an update for NEI also?

EDIT 2: I replaced CodeChickenCore, CodeChickenLib and all NEI and NEI addons with their previous versions from 2.0.6 and now everything works as before..
Hi :)

I always provide changelog when I update, but I only receive the notification during the night, when I was sleeping, sorry...

About the NEI, you now remember me from a stupid mistake that I made and I'm going to change it right now! But all the changelogs are provided as soon as I have confirmation of the update :)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Just as a note, the different bee types are also not showing up in NEI.

And it set my Weeds back to 'true'. *setting them back to 'false' now...*

Correction - the Weeds setting reads false when I look at it in the Mod Options, but I still had Weeds sprout. O_O

Last edited:
N

NeaGigel2015

And it set my Weeds back to 'true'. *setting them back to 'false' now...*

Correction - the Weeds setting reads false when I look at it in the Mod Options, but I still had Weeds sprout. O_O

I can confirm. The weeds setting is set to false, but they still sprout.
I think this is a mod related bug and not a modpack related one.

Reactions: jtmnf and OniyaMCD

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I can confirm. The weeds setting is set to false, but they still sprout.
I think this is a mod related bug and not a modpack related one.

Thanks for the confirm. I just dropped a note to another pack that's using Agricraft 1.4.5, since 'snake upgrading' is a common practice on that pack. Now to find where to report it to the Agricraft folks.

EDIT: And reported.

Reactions: jtmnf

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the confirm. I just dropped a note to another pack that's using Agricraft 1.4.5, since 'snake upgrading' is a common practice on that pack. Now to find where to report it to the Agricraft folks.

EDIT: And reported.
Hopefully in the next version this is fixed ;) thank you!

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
For those that are new here, you no longer need the code to access the modpack!

Since yesterday, the modpack is listed on the 3rd Party Modpack section of the FTB Launcher :)

Go there and try it out ;-)

P.S.: all the changelogs are provided in the Curse Launcher, in the description of the version itself!

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You are talking about Agricraft? If so, I think (but probably I'm wrong) that you can either use dirt or podzel...

Don't know about for simple planting, but for the mutation from cross-breeding, it says you need it. You can make Podzol by surrounding a block of regular dirt with Spruce leaves - get a Spruce tree by tossing an Oak sapling into a mana pool with the catalyst under it.