[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I've wanted for so long, a modpack revolving around Bees. I feel like Bees are so unpopular due to how much time you need to spend on them to advance, honestly, I LOVE bees, so I guess that means I love this pack now.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I've wanted for so long, a modpack revolving around Bees. I feel like Bees are so unpopular due to how much time you need to spend on them to advance, honestly, I LOVE bees, so I guess that means I love this pack now.
I'm like you! I LOVE Bees! I never saw anything like this before, I think they are a world by themselfs! People can make modpacks focus on other mods, yeah... But in a detail of a mod? I don't think so... A whole world completely full of bees! Bees for everybody and for everything! I hope this can attract people to the Bee's side and let them see that Bees are useful for everything :) I don't play without Bees in a modpack, I really think that they are useful f at any moment!

There are Bees for everything... And I want to explore this feature from them!

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
FYI: The next version will add a new quest in the basics so people can stop worry about power! Another change is in the Ex Nihilo configs... After working hard trying to get some copper, I saw that it took me forever... So I decided to increase the chance of getting the resourses! Another and exciting change is in the same quest has the power that I mentioned: I added 4 Produtivity Upgrades and 2 Automation Upgrades (from Gendustry) so you don't waste a lot of time trying to get 64 combs... I'm trying to balance the things between time and gameplay...

Hopefully you like it :)

Note: I already submitted the modpack to Unlisted in FTB Launcher, I'm just waiting for an answer!

airport1000

Jul 29, 2019
Looks an interesting pack, I may give it a go my only concerne is that after looking at the mod list power generation seem to be somewhat lacking. As you will be aware Gendustry and also Binnies Core machines take a lot to power. I would suggest maybe adding in Big Reactors or Advanced Generator to provide the power needed.

PS. Maybe add in OpenBlocks as well as it does provide some very useful blocks.

Reactions: jtmnf

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I'll take that in count :) but, about PowerGen, it has Solar Flux, and I give you a bunch of Solar Generators (including high tier ones)! I probably add Big Reactors because one Bee can deal with Yellorium, and I think that's a good idea :)

About OpenBlocks, I don't see why not to add it :) I need to see all the mods again and take some and add others!

In the next version, I'll add Botania Quests (with bees, of course)!

airport1000

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply I agree with you about Big Reactors I had forgotten that there was a Yellowrite Bee :oops:. Like I said Open Blocks is useful if only for the elevator's :) plus a few other minor blocks it add's.

Look forward to the update and I will even start playing now ready.:cool:

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Give me like 2/3 days and I will submit a new version :) I just need time to finish Botania quests!

Last edited:
Reactions: airport1000

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
So, PowerGen is actually a problem... But I think in the next version I have that problem solved, but I cannot test it right until there... Magic Quests are on the way but I don't think that they are going to be finished in the next version; but I can ensure that at least 1/4 of the quests are done! I changed some quests because I don't want you to waste some time doing them/waiting for anything, but actually trying to understand the process of bees...

Another question, do you think that all the mods are ok or can I take some mod out? I'll probably add Big Reactors and OpenBlocks!

airport1000

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I think with the addition of Big Reactors and OpenBlock that will make the pack almost perfect. All the mods that are in serve a purpose and it is not cluted with a load of mods that no one would use. The last thing I may suggest is maybe adding Chicken Chunks and FastCraft, Chicken Chunks for chunk loading if happen to build a massive base (which I tend to do). FastCraft to help those people with slightly less powerful computers.

OH almost forgot, this is a skyblock map and I guess the intention is for you not to travel to any other dimesions. So why has Dense Ores been included when no ore generation takes place on a sky block. Now if in the future you intend to add other dimenions or the means to travel to other dimensions (say via RFTools or Twilight Forest or other such mods) then fair enought.

Last edited:

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I think with the addition of Big Reactors and OpenBlock that will make the pack almost perfect. All the mods that are in serve a purpose and it is not cluted with a load of mods that no one would use. The last thing I may suggest is maybe adding Chicken Chunks and FastCraft, Chicken Chunks for chunk loading if happen to build a massive base (which I tend to do). FastCraft to help those people with slightly less powerful computers.

OH almost forgot, this is a skyblock map and I guess the intention is for you not to travel to any other dimesions. So why has Dense Ores been included when no ore generation takes place on a sky block. Now if in the future you intend to add other dimenions or the means to travel to other dimensions (say via RFTools or Twilight Forest or other such mods) then fair enought.
Chicken Chunks!!!! I completely forgot that... Oh my God... Thank you for reminding me :p FastCraft can be there two :)
About Dense Ores, I added it because before making this, I had another idea of the modpack... After that, yeah, it's not very necessary!
Dimensions... Hm, for now I don't have any purpose, but I can think on something (but I'll only do that when the main quests are all completed)!

Can a beginner use this? will it teach me how to play with bees (never ever touched bees)? I'd love to learn
Sort of... I'll have to make a slight change for that to occur... But, if you want to test and say "Hey, that pack doesn't help at all, change it here and there". I can have ideas to change it and change/add quests to handle people "needs" about learning how to use Bees :)

By the way, I really love Foresty! I always used apiarys from Forestry and I think they are awesome! In this pack, Gendustry is the most supported mod for breeding bees... Like I mentioned a lot of times, I don't want to have people saying that the pack is too slow... That it takes forever to make this and that, having the correct mutations, etc etc... Gendustry! It's quicker, it's faster and it lets you choose the right mutation (SPOILER: I give you an Advanced Mutatron in one early quest in Bee Restaurant). I'll advice you to see this two videos from Direwolf20 (who else) in his Singleplayer series, so you can see him working with the apiarys/machines from Gendustry (if you don't know how they work):
and

I'm really glad that you liked the pack and I hope I can always help you and bring nice new quests and updates :)

Ten

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I'd try out your pack for a bit of fun, and so far, I'm enjoying it. I'm not very far in (I haven't even completed the basic quests yet!), but I wanted to make a quick suggestion: I think a very nice early reward might be a crescent hammer. I tend to set up machines, and then find I don't like the way they're set up. I haven't tested breaking them with a pickaxe, but in other packs, that's sometimes worked for me and sometimes not, whereas a crescent hammer always works.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
The crescent hammer is in a reward in the Machinery (the Basic Machine Frame from TE)! I agree that the crescent hammer could be in the beginning, but I'm using pickaxe and it worked (it's slow, but it works)! I'm going to see what can I do with that suggestion :)

Reactions: Ten

Ten

Jul 29, 2019
The crescent hammer is in a reward in the Machinery (the Basic Machine Frame from TE)! I agree that the crescent hammer could be in the beginning, but I'm using pickaxe and it worked (it's slow, but it works)! I'm going to see what can I do with that suggestion :)

It's lovely to know that I'll get one relatively soon. The only reason I even mentioned it is because I'm fickle and set up my machines 15 different ways before finally going "okay, I like it like this for now." At least, I do on skyblock, because of the expansion of the base. XD

Thank you also for letting me know that the pickaxe is safe to use. After one instance where the block downgraded to a machine frame and I didn't have the resources to fix it, I've been a bit gunshy. Of course, that was ages ago in 1.6.4.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I only tested with the basics ones! Because you get the Crescent Hammer in an early quest (just a bit of tin and iron and you can get it)!

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019

I submitted a new version to Curse and it's now being reviewed :)

Changes:

- Added OpenBlock, ChickenChunks and BigReactors (including the BigReactors Bees);

- Added 20 new more quests (including Thaumcraft and Botania);

- Tweaked some quests;

- Add more/Change rewards;

Reactions: airport1000

Conansson

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,
i just created an Account to tell you how much i love your modpack! I was noticing the efford you put into answering the forums, and just had to download it. Right as i started, i saw Chisel and Carpenter's Blocks and was purely happy after playing a lot of AS2 lately. I could only play half an hour, but giving us a quick start with hidden treasure through boring ex Nihilo is fantastic, not that i don't like it but it get's boring after the 20th time you do it. You might want to change the Bread Quest into a consume task, i spent 20 min just growing seeds for Wheat. For now, i only want to encourage everyone to try this out, it looks like a lot of fun! I never really did Bees myself, so i will give information on where i have problems understanding any mechanics. If i can help you with anything else, just tell me and i see what i can do. I'll write more once i progressed a bit further.