[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
@Arcanuo
If I configure a servo with filters to pull everthing from an apiary(with an automation upgrade),when the queen dies will it suck them out before the apiary resets? I dont care if there isn't a drone in the slot.

I know transfer pipes are pretty fast. So do I need to make filter pipes (easy to do) to do the sorting or will the items find their way to the proper inventory (as long as the filter is set in the transfer node on the receiving tessaract?

Using Servos with itemducts does not suck the queen out, the new princess gets taken back in with the auto apiary. All of my apiaries have item ducts with servos on them and no filter just set to ignore redstone
Also use a fluid transposer to fill your item ducts with redstone (200mb) and you can transfer items and power at the same time so you only need one pipe, making it tidier and more like Ender IO (sort of)

The items in an item duct will find their way to the nearest empty inventory storage including other Apiaries if there are no servos on their output. Sometimes item ducts will put items in to a blocks inventory that can't even accept that item. Frustrating
So yes you will probably need to filter/sort if needed. I usually output to a bank of jabba barrels first so they will find their way to the only barrel they can fit in to, later I output to an ME system and couldn't care less at this point where the items arrive

A

Arcanuo

@Vanewolf29 my setup consisted off multiple squares of Industrial apiaries with Ender IO power cables leading up into the square. I then used item ducts on the outside face, piped it all into a chest and then the other side of the chest piped off into barrels with one of every with servos attached for good measure.

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
Using Servos with itemducts does not suck the queen out, the new princess gets taken back in with the auto apiary.

So in other words it leaves the drone slot alone. The auto apiary will grab the princess faster than the ducts can suck them out. (that was my concern) I dont care if it sucks the entire inventory out as long as I dont have to run around and stick a stack of drones in every few hours.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So in other words it leaves the drone slot alone. The auto apiary will grab the princess faster than the ducts can suck them out. (that was my concern) I dont care if it sucks the entire inventory out as long as I dont have to run around and stick a stack of drones in every few hours.

I have my Floral bees set up with an unfiltered servo, and the apiary will retain 63 drones (the 64th goes into making the queen) before it starts spitting them into the itemducts.

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
Im still having trouble getting things to pull out. Is there a specific side the apiaries need to be accessed on?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I've pulled from the top and the front.

ZGlAQ0j.png

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
@OniyaMCD Thats how mine was setup,except I had tessarcts with filtered servos on the input. And on the other side matching filters on the output. I even tried putting servos on the export of the tessaract. I was using higher tier (resonant) servos. Maybe I shouldn't try to use tessaracts, Just use crystal chests like you did or something, Have the items go into them and have filtered servos pulling out of that to take them different ways.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The crystal chest actually doesn't need to be that high tier any more. An ordinary wooden single-chest would really do, since it's now just a switching station.

It used to serve as a place to 'catch' all the metal nuggets (combs were whitelisted out to storage or centrifuging) before I manually combined them into ingots and blocks. Then I learned about the auto-packager, and the metal nuggets all got routed that direction (second pipe off of the crystal chest to an iron chest, combs blacklisted, then the recursive autopackager setup, with blocks whitelisted out of the second chest to main storage and ingots whitelisted back around.)

It may not be the most ideal way to do it - tesseracts and most of AE are still confusing to me. :oops:

A

AhhBrody

Yes, you make one. If you have jet packs already, you can fly out to where you want to build an island, use an angel block. or go creative, using set block commands or MCedit to plop an island platform in.

@OniyaMCD, @AhhBrody, @Mr_Evildoom that thing with 4500 entities happened on a forgecraft, or Mindcrack episode like october or something last year. There were thousands of ZombiePigmen spawning in the nether. The wound up having to reset the nether.
that cannot be the cause because i get lag without creating a world its super laggy in the menu screen where single player is and stuff

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
@AhhBrody Did you/do you have any other applications running in the background? What are your system specks. I get a little lag on the title screen and it reappears shortly before the save loads. How much RAM do you have allocated to Minecraft. Since Minecraft is Java, Ive been told that it isnt affected by the Ram on a graphics card. I wind up getting 16 to 20 fps.. (and thats really good for me. because I get 10 to 15 in vanilla.)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Finally got my Agricraft villager, and his first trade was Cinderpearl seeds. :D I got two - one to plant as 'Thaumic Flowers' and one to breed up to full Agricraft stats. I know that the Shimmerleafs will generate naturally through pollination, so I'm debating whether to keep trading with him to see if he's got the actual seeds...

Reactions: rivvest
A

Arcanuo

@AhhBrody the only thing I can think of is your running multiple programs. I tried running BeeHappy on a ten year computer and it performed fine so I'd suggest closing all your programs.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got my Agricraft villager, and his first trade was Cinderpearl seeds. :D I got two - one to plant as 'Thaumic Flowers' and one to breed up to full Agricraft stats. I know that the Shimmerleafs will generate naturally through pollination, so I'm debating whether to keep trading with him to see if he's got the actual seeds...
Wow, that's some luck! Now that you have one, you have to have the other, right!? I set mine up for pollination too, but kept the agricraft plants around for decoration.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Wow, that's some luck! Now that you have one, you have to have the other, right!? I set mine up for pollination too, but kept the agricraft plants around for decoration.

'Luck' was only with me in the trade - I've also acquired 2 Forestry Villagers, 2 Elvis villagers (what is this, Minecraft New Vegas?), a Thaumcraft villager (I think - wants gold coins and has given me wool and Thaumium), a Tinker's Construct terrori- I mean, villager, and a handful of vanilla villagers. I'll have an Iron Golem spawning before long! :D

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
Did you know you can use a MFR spawner to spawn villagers from a safari ball ,set to not exact.. Just have a resonant tank of mob essence handy, its expensive.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Did you know you can use a MFR spawner to spawn villagers from a safari ball ,set to not exact.. Just have a resonant tank of mob essence handy, its expensive.

Hmmm - or should I say 'Hrrrrmmmm'?

Although I am coming by them at a fairly decent rate by just random zombie villager spawns, and the gold, the apples, and the potions of weakness are also easy to come by.

On an unrelated note, I've started looking into the Laser Drill. If I'm reading the wiki correctly, it's best to have the thing up really high so that it goes faster and uses less power?

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
My understanding is that the chargers will still cost about 20k RF/t even at Build height, but if you have the power (a Max size Big Reactor, with 3 max size turbines will feed two laser setups, if my math is correct.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm - or should I say 'Hrrrrmmmm'?

Although I am coming by them at a fairly decent rate by just random zombie villager spawns, and the gold, the apples, and the potions of weakness are also easy to come by.

On an unrelated note, I've started looking into the Laser Drill. If I'm reading the wiki correctly, it's best to have the thing up really high so that it goes faster and uses less power?
You want it over height 128 to get a 25% decrease in RF needed to generate an Ore, which will make it faster.

My understanding is that the chargers will still cost about 20k RF/t even at Build height, but if you have the power (a Max size Big Reactor, with 3 max size turbines will feed two laser setups, if my math is correct.
That seems like overkill.. I have a 9x13x4 reactor that produces 12k rf/t at 0.12mb/t.

A

Arcanuo

@Vanewolf29 a max size reactor could do slot more than what your describing. First what are we cooling/filling with and do you have enough fuel to run it reliably. A graphite filled (no coolant) 25x30x20 ish produced me 45mRF/t.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You want it over height 128 to get a 25% decrease in RF needed to generate an Ore, which will make it faster.

That seems like overkill.. I have a 9x13x4 reactor that produces 12k rf/t at 0.12mb/t.

@Vanewolf29 a max size reactor could do slot more than what your describing. First what are we cooling/filling with and do you have enough fuel to run it reliably. A graphite filled (no coolant) 25x30x20 ish produced me 45RF/t.

Honestly, the Big Reactors in this pack leave me a little underwhelmed. I made a relatively small one (12 fuel rods at 5 blocks apiece), but the Yellorium generation is painfully slow. Cyanite and Blutonium are even worse. Maybe if I set up an Ender Quarry in the Deep Dark, I might have a chance of keeping one reliably fueled. As it is, I'm still running everything off of solar.