[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Just a little announcement to say we hit 500k viewers, and in tradition, here's a gif.

rxXQj9J.gif

ralifur

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any sort of tank in the new thaumcraft for storing vis other than jars? Im thinking of something bigger to make a huge system go around. :)

Aka something similar to the BC factory tanks or Railcraft tanks.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any sort of tank in the new thaumcraft for storing vis other than jars? Im thinking of something bigger to make a huge system go around. :)

Aka something similar to the BC factory tanks or Railcraft tanks.
The only thing I can suggest is the Ethereal Jar from Advanced Thaumaturgy b19+ which holds 4x the capacity of a normal jar (64 -> 256), I'm afraid you'd have to pester Azanor or maybe even the Railcraft guy to make something more like a "tank" for essentia.

FYI, the Ethereal Jar's entry has a little easter egg about me. c:

ralifur

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I can suggest is the Ethereal Jar from Advanced Thaumaturgy b19+ which holds 4x the capacity of a normal jar (64 -> 256), I'm afraid you'd have to pester Azanor or maybe even the Railcraft guy to make something more like a "tank" for essentia.

FYI, the Ethereal Jar's entry has a little easter egg about me. c:

Sounds like a good idea. Ill have a look at advanced thaumaturgy. :)

I Just tend to feel like the jars are too small sometimes and generally like the feel of having tanks around everywhere :p

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
On another note, with the creeping approach of TC4.1, I'm debating with myself whether it's worth making an entirely new thread, migrating the contents of this thread to a new one or just replacing the content of this thread with the new content.

Thoughts?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
On another note, with the creeping approach of TC4.1, I'm debating with myself whether it's worth making an entirely new thread, migrating the contents of this thread to a new one or just replacing the content of this thread with the new content.

Thoughts?
You probably have a better idea than us of how much has been added/changed. If it truly is a major revamp, it may be worth keeping this thread for archival purposes, copy over everything that didn't change to a new thread, and edit/write the parts that did change/get added.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I know that there's new additions, I'm not sure how research is altered if at all. If it remains the same, it's merely a case of adding to the thread.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019

Thoughts?
r37Lv5M.gif

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be better to make a new thread, as this one will still be useful for those who have not yet updated.

agreed. migrating the old content to a new updated topic would be a better choice, as it still allows the users of the old versions to get the information they're looking for

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
agreed. migrating the old content to a new updated topic would be a better choice, as it still allows the users of the old versions to get the information they're looking for
Well no, because then it just gets bloody confusing. Just post a link to here in the new thread.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Well no, because then it just gets bloody confusing. Just post a link to here in the new thread.

yea, that's what I mean. keep this topic as a guide for Thaumcraft 4.0, and take any information that still applies and use it for a new Thaumcraft 4.1 topic guide

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Best answer I can give right now is we'll see. I can't do much with getting my hands on 4.1 and Azanor isn't exactly banging down my door to give me it.

Understandably.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Joshatdot

Jul 29, 2019
FFS .. why is there not a simple How-To/Getting Started/101 for this $#!T .. I've wasted all the Aspects or wtf ever they are called trying to complete a scroll. And I can't research shite to gather more of the stuff

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
FFS .. why is there not a simple How-To/Getting Started/101 for this $#!T .. I've wasted all the Aspects or wtf ever they are called trying to complete a scroll. And I can't research shite to gather more of the stuff
1) Calm down.
2) If you need help, just ask, no need to rant and get angry.
3) If you need more aspects, then all you need to do is put some bookshelves around your research table, go look around with a thaumometer, and/or get a deconstruction table. The only one of those things not documented here, I think, is bookshelves. All they do is gradually restore research aspects, although I think only primal aspects.

I don't understand how this is not enough of a guide. There's even a link to the quick way to research all aspects, and how to combine them all. Are you sure you actually looked properly? Also if you look in this thread, there are many discussions on different things, including research tips.