[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
For those who dont know, Azanor made a video a few days ago about the changes to research coming in thaumcraft 4.1

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
For those who dont know, Azanor made a video a few days ago about the changes to research coming in thaumcraft 4.1

Yeah they're looking pretty damn good. Less tedium with the hexagonal research, and then the square research actually sort of tests how well you know the combos.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for this. Love the resource for doing research in new world's :).
I agree!

And have a corgicat!

munchkin-cat-ultraf.jpg

Reactions: Succubism

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, they're munckins, but that one looks just like a corgi with a cat head, hence corgicat! That one makes me squee!

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
@Succubism if you choose to migrate to a new thread:
Post a link in the new thread to this one
PM one of the moderators and have this thread destickied and the new one stickied.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
So, check this out. This is thanks to Advanced Thaumaturgy but can be done with vanilla too.

MMniNhV.png

HrQ5rPn.png
Heh.. I think I know what I'm looking at, but I don't believe it. So I'll ask: Are those bottled aura nodes that contain all of those aspects?

I don't have AT, how is this possible in vanilla?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Heh.. I think I know what I'm looking at, but I don't believe it. So I'll ask: Are those bottled aura nodes that contain all of those aspects?

I don't have AT, how is this possible in vanilla?
Feeding hungry nodes items with the chosen aspects, surrounding it in obsidian then equal trading it for glass to jar it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
Feeding hungry nodes items with the chosen aspects, surrounding it in obsidian then equal trading it for glass to jar it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Ohhh.. Okay.

I haven't actually seen a Hungry Node yet, or I may have been able to figure that out. I've only seen posts where people talk about them (in a negative way) sucking items up, with no further context.

Is there a way to make it "not hungry" so that you can un-bottle it and tap it in a useful way? Will it even regenerate those aspects now that it has them?

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering, is there a list of sorts that explain the different modifiers on nodes?

so far ive only seen: bright, pale, pure, tainted, sinister, unstable.

Like i have no clue what an unstable modifier does to the node?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Bright > Normal > Pale : Refers to how quickly the node recharges
Fading : Node doesn't recharge
Pure : Node can be used to cleanse Tainted and Sinister nodes (I believe)
Tainted : Node spreads the Tainted Lands biome
Sinister : Node spreads the Eerie biome
Unstabe : Node changes aspects periodically

Reactions: unknown zombie

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I'm slowly but surely adding each aspect I can to the nodes.

Basically 32 Auram Essentia + 4 aspect essence of the desired aspect each time.