[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

squirrel_nutty

Jul 29, 2019
(about halway between a unlabaled and labeled jar). sorry small typoes in the discription for void jars.. congrats on the wedding :)

Yoda

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to transfer vis from one wand to another?
Like from to max25 vis wand to a golden max50 vis wand?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

nope, though I sometimes wish there was, as it'd be helpful for moving nodes for example, so if you've 2-3 half empty wands, if you could transfer the essentia from one to another, you're able to move more nodes with those 2-3 wands

Reactions: SpitefulFox

modem

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys first of all can i say what an amazing initial write up!!!!

second is there anyway to repair picks, swords etc after enchanting them using only Thaumcraft 4 in FTB Horizons (no additional thaumcraft mods)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys first of all can i say what an amazing initial write up!!!!

second is there anyway to repair picks, swords etc after enchanting them using only Thaumcraft 4 in FTB Horizons (no additional thaumcraft mods)

you could use the vanilla repairing mechanic, put the tool in an anvil, along with the item used to make it, and you should be able to repair your tools like that with an additional experience cost. I know thaumic tinkerer adds a block that can repair items, but I haven't tried it out yet. and ofcourse there's the repair enchant from Thaumcraft, but ofcourse that only work on thaumcraft tools and not vanilla tools

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
you could use the vanilla repairing mechanic, put the tool in an anvil, along with the item used to make it, and you should be able to repair your tools like that with an additional experience cost. I know thaumic tinkerer adds a block that can repair items, but I haven't tried it out yet. and ofcourse there's the repair enchant from Thaumcraft, but ofcourse that only work on thaumcraft tools and not vanilla tools
The Repair block from TT is sort of awkward but it works, however without TT I'm not sure.
Maybe the Anvil or the Auto-Anvil if it's there?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Ars magicka 2 has a block that can repair tools. I don't remember what it is called though and I am only guessing it works on Thaumic tools. I know that is outside of Thaumcraft but it could work

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Ars magicka 2 has a block that can repair tools. I don't remember what it is called though and I am only guessing it works on Thaumic tools. I know that is outside of Thaumcraft but it could work

It's called the Arcane Reconstructor and it works on ANYTHING.

Last edited:
Reactions: casilleroatr

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

but the question was "only Thaumcraft 4 in FTB Horizons (no additional thaumcraft mods)"

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019

I don't think there is either. What you can do if you have the nerve is toss the mostly-drained wand into a crucible for flux farming. Don't try that with a full wand, though -- even with a wooden wand, you'll get thaumic slimes bigger than your house!

ChromeFX

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have suggestions to what i should do here? I cant seem to connect the last rune to the bottom node.
NytnN3R1.jpeg

If this is the basic research then i dont think ill be able to progress much in thaumcraft :S
Any pointers and tips would be appreciated.

ChromeFX

Jul 29, 2019
yes, im trying to chain the bottom blue active node with the purple inactive node, using the orange rune, but no matter where i put it next to these nodes it wont connect.
thanks for replying

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Challenge accepted.

There's always one...

ChromeFX: I see what you're trying to do (barely -- you might post with better resolution next time.) Move two or three inactive runes to block the last live node (lower left), from connecting to the runes to its left. Then it should connect to the bottom node and complete the chain.

marielwyatt

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know whether I am just doing this wrong but I cant seem to get the Thaumonomicon to show me recipies for research I have learnt. For instance, I just researched the focus pouch. When I go to the Thaumonomicon am mouseover the icon of a bag it says Focus Pouch. However, the icon is flashing and when I click, nothing happens. Except for my base research, all of the researched items show as flashing icons and nothing happens. However when I make the item using the cheat sheets (i.e. for Goggles of revealing) the icon stops flashing in the Thaumonomicon and I can see the recipe. Would anyone be able to help?