[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Infusing items is kinda tedious. I've only made one Attractor so far and I use it to maintain a safe zone around my Moo Moo Farm spawn.

Playing in a modpack with multiple big magic mods is fun. Makes me feel like there's different "schools" of magic and that everyone has different styles. :D

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Infusing items is kinda tedious. I've only made one Attractor so far and I use it to maintain a safe zone around my Moo Moo Farm spawn.

Playing in a modpack with multiple big magic mods is fun. Makes me feel like there's different "schools" of magic and that everyone has different styles. :D

I haven't actually made one in my adventure world yet, but I'll be going to very soon when I set up my mob farm, it's really working great.
but I also use an item attractor in my test world for a tree farm. the tree farms tend to drop their drops everywhere, making it a hard job for the golem to gather everything. so I just plunked down a few item attractors and the golem has it much easier now. it's too bad though you can't increase the range of the attractors, as their range is only about 7 blocks...

Reactions: Succubism

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
That's sort of what I'm going for.
Mod suggestions would be awesome if you have them.

Blood Magic and Ars Magica 2, if you haven't added any of those yet.

I'm also playing with Dartcraft, but I'm kinda up in the air about how "magical" I consider the mod. :p

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Blood Magic and Ars Magica 2, if you haven't added any of those yet.

I'm also playing with Dartcraft, but I'm kinda up in the air about how "magical" I consider the mod. :p
Blood Magic and Ars 2 are in there already.
Thinking about Minegicka. Might be a bit too much.
I don't think I'm adding DartCraft though.

Don't get me wrong, I've thought about DartCraft a fair bit for the sake of the mod. Whether you call it Tech or Magic it's sort of ambiguous between them. Overall it just doesn't fit the style I'm thinking of. That and it's very easy to exploit some of the advantages DartCraft has and quickly get lost in it without needing to touch any other mod to get end-game gear.

Ultimately, I wouldn't expect DartCraft.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
That and it's very easy to exploit some of the advantages DartCraft has and quickly get lost in it without needing to touch any other mod to get end-game gear.

Actually, end-game Blood Magic gear makes Dartcraft's combat gear look like a joke. :p

Ehnonimus

Jul 29, 2019
Succubism,
I decided I finally had to make an account and post a thank-you for all the hard work you've put into this cheat-sheet/guide. I don't have as much time as I used to for playing Minecraft due to Real Life and your reference guide has been a great aid in allowing me skip the "grindy-bits" of Thaumcraft and get right to the stuff I find most fun. You've made my gaming time 20% better. Good luck with studying and thanks again for the guide!

- Ehnon

p.s. Here's some bonus motivation:
AVDPh7r.gif

p.s.s. *1st post!*

Last edited:
Reactions: Succubism and Mero

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Ah it's been awhile but I am glad to see that another thaumcraft addon mod is in the works.I'd honestly like to help with this and offer idea's...

Also I'd like to retract all statements I made worrying about the things I worried about, the first being research. Specificly research points, while research probably wouldn't be as fun the second time I feel like now that I know the tips and tricks and means to do it going in blind, I can still find the replay highly enjoyable and quick. More or less due to the nature of how you can be more manipulative of what thaumcraft item or block you need. Also taint... I kinda learned how to handle it, and saw it isn't as untamed and unruly as I thought once.

For instance I've seen people hammer the research tree to boost the research experience and ease it up. I've seen some hardball there way to the arcane bore, I've even seen people hardball their way through thaumic tinker. And I honestly feel like this is a good direction for replay. It rewards players familiar with the mod and the knowledge, and capacity to remember what does what, and what the researches comprised of.

I've been playing on a server with very few mods with the support for thaumcraft, and yet I managed to roll through it blindly, albeit not quickly as it took a few months as I broke away and back from thaumcraft grabbing what I wanted, merely to go back and have my thauminomicon rounded out with anything I could possibly need.

So I didn't really visit the list much... though I might for when I find a new place to play on. Having difficulties finding a server with the mods I want though. -_- Really wish ftb would do a magic pack using thaumcraft, thaumic tinker, and ars... anything else would be fluff and fun for me.=p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That's sort of what I'm going for.
Mod suggestions would be awesome if you have them.

I heard RR had Minegicka, but removed it later on because of some problems
I don't know which mods you've already added, but here are some mods I'm currently playing with in my magic modlist that I don't see on the thaumlite modlist

WAILA
Twilight Forest
Xeno's Reliquary (unofficial version)
NEI Plugins
Iron Chests
Infinibows
Gravestones
Chisel
Carpenter's Blocks
Better Anvil
ArmorStatusHUD
StatusEffectHUD

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Succubism,
I decided I finally had to make an account and post a thank-you for all the hard work you've put into this cheat-sheet/guide. I don't have as much time as I used to for playing Minecraft due to Real Life and your reference guide has been a great aid in allowing me skip the "grindy-bits" of Thaumcraft and get right to the stuff I find most fun.

Awwh~! It's an absolute pleasure sweetie. Glad you find this useful!

You've made my gaming time 20%...
b8WoF3d.jpg

... better.
4gEfhX0.jpg
Good luck with studying and thanks again for the guide!

- Ehnon

p.s. Here's some bonus motivation:
0KV8EvG.jpg

Seriously though, thank you so much.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
WAILA
Got this.

Twilight Forest

And this.

I don't have the unofficial version, but it'll be added if it's stable.

NEI Plugins
Will add if relevant to the mods.

Iron Chests
Eeh... To be honest, there shouldn't really be a need for such massive storage with the lack of automated systems. Better Storage is more than you'll ever need. MAY consider it as optional between it and BetterStorage.

Infinibows
Sure, I'll add this.

Gravestones
This is arguably unbalanced, though without much testing I haven't been able to determine this and if I'm not mistaken there are magical tools that allow you to keep your inventory on death. May consider depending on testing.

Chisel
Hmm, alright then. I'll give it a try.

Carpenter's Blocks
AAGH! SLOPES. SLOOOOOPES.

Better Anvil

Eeeeeeh... To be honest I don't think I'll add this because Enchanting Plus is planned for this pack.

ArmorStatusHUD + StatusEffectHUD
Okie dokie!

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
First off, all is forgiven. No worries.

Let me set the record straight before I say what I'm about to say. I love Thaumcraft. Without a doubt it's one of, if not my favorite mod. Really. It's great.

I don't think it warrants it's own modpack though.
Not yet.
I don't think it's big enough, I don't think it covers enough ground in terms of early-game, mid-game and engame.
I don't think it gives the user a sense of achievement alone for reaching end-game. There's very little replay value.
Let me make a comparison to FTB as a whole. The inclusion of other mods that work in tandem to each other provide a use of creativity and innovative design to create a system dedicated to what you want to do. The only real limit is your imagination. Thaumcraft alone is just research, once you've completed research, that's it. You don't have to do anything else, just slowly and carefully craft your items while micromanaging your node's flux level.

I think the idea of a Thaumcraft modpack is fantastic, but it's just too early to expect it to work right now.
The thaum is growing. Have patience.

I think the inclusion of mods like Ars, Witchery, Blood Magic, etc would drastically improve the modpack, as mentioned, it would give the effect of different schools of magic and with some of the interesting mods that Vazkii's made perfectly compliment the vision of a magic modpack with the use of banners and such.

It would be fun to see clans of blood magi, thaumaturge and witches~. Oh-God the possibilities...

FTB does have a magic-based modpack, but it's currently outdated and the last I heard there were no plans to update in the near future. It's understandable.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have the unofficial version, but it'll be added if it's stable.

incase you get interested, https://github.com/TrainerGuy22/Reliquary/releases/tag/1.6.4-1.0
there does seem to be a few bugs though, but I just couldn't go without my coin of fortune

NEI Plugins
Will add if relevant to the mods.

I hope they add back in Thaumcraft support soon, that'll make it really relevant for us

Iron Chests
Eeh... To be honest, there shouldn't really be a need for such massive storage with the lack of automated systems. Better Storage is more than you'll ever need. MAY consider it as optional between it and BetterStorage.

yea, if you've betterstorage installed you wouldn't really need iron chests, but I've been using iron chests for so long now that I just install it everytime...

Gravestones
This is arguably unbalanced, though without much testing I haven't been able to determine this and if I'm not mistaken there are magical tools that allow you to keep your inventory on death. May consider depending on testing.

there are currently 2 mods that both are called gravestones, I'm using this one http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1762087-164-smpssp-minecraft-graves-die-classy/
it's really nice as it adds very nice looking graves and also allows you to craft graves yourself. I installed it because I absolutely hate losing items upon death. I know there are items that help prevent that, but even if I die once and lose my items I get really pissed. though I did found out with both gravestone mods that there's not really a good compatibility with items like the knapsack from Tinker's Construct, those items still drop to the ground

Carpenter's Blocks
AAGH! SLOPES. SLOOOOOPES.

yea, the slopes are kind of... different, but it also adds some other really nice items, you can actually choose between different model versions of blocks like doors, trapdoors, fences, gates and such.

Better Anvil
Eeeeeeh... To be honest I don't think I'll add this because Enchanting Plus is planned for this pack.

true, with enchanting plus you wouldn't need this, but I myself am not a very huge fan of enchanting plus, it's just makes enchanting too easy for me...

also might want to try creeper collateral if you hate it when creepers blow up and don't drop all the blocks to rebuild their holes.
I haven't installed it in my current world as I'm using a codechickencore configuration change for creepers to not make holes when they blow up, but I'm thinking of just installing creeper collateral instead

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
there are currently 2 mods that both are called gravestones, I'm using this one http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1762087-164-smpssp-minecraft-graves-die-classy/
it's really nice as it adds very nice looking graves and also allows you to craft graves yourself. I installed it because I absolutely hate losing items upon death. I know there are items that help prevent that, but even if I die once and lose my items I get really pissed. though I did found out with both gravestone mods that there's not really a good compatibility with items like the knapsack from Tinker's Construct, those items still drop to the ground
Damn, that's pretty damn sexy, actually..

Personally, I wouldn't worry about using the TiC knapsack and I'll show you the reason that will explain everything.
Even a big reason for using Better Storage.

5oWQx.jpg

Need I say more?

Reactions: Saice

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Current Modlist. (Untested)
  • ChickenShed
  • ArmorStatusHUD
  • bspkrsCore
  • StatusEffectHUD
  • DamageIndicators
  • BetterStorage
  • Ars Magicka 2
  • AutoUtils
  • Barrels
  • BattleTowers
  • BetterDungeons2
  • BiblioCraft
  • BiblioWoods[Natura]
  • Blood Magic
  • bUpload
  • Carpenters Blocks
  • Chisel
  • Chococraft
  • CodeChickenCore
  • CraftHeraldry
  • CreeperCollateral
  • EnhancedCore
  • EnhancedPortals
  • ExtraUtils
  • FlatSigns
  • ForgeMultipart
  • Gravestones
  • Hotbar Swapper
  • InventoryTweaks
  • MapWriter
  • Natura
  • NotEnoughItems
  • OpenBlocks
  • Reliquary
  • SoundControl
  • Tinker's Construct
  • Thaumcraft
  • Thaumic Tinkerer
  • Translocator
  • Twilight Forest
  • WAILA
  • Witchery

Already I'm pushing on more mods than I really want. I want this to be quite minimalistic so it doesn't just overload you with mods.

I may consider ChickenChunks/EnderStorage...

In fact, sure. I'll add them, since you may find yourself using things like the Arcane Bore/Infernal Furnace.