[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I just found this chappy on a server run of the modded thaumlite.

sUtrmQo.png

Burning man, anyone?

better watch out, it may be your voodoo doll :eek:

Reactions: Succubism

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch! I take it you're not a fan of the watered-down new shards? :p
A buff is planned, but as it stands you're better off keeping those precious spawners instead of breaking 4 just to get 1 spawner.

Also those Witchery hay men have zombie spawners beneath them last time I checked.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
A buff is planned, but as it stands you're better off keeping those precious spawners instead of breaking 4 just to get 1 spawner.

Also those Witchery hay men have zombie spawners beneath them last time I checked.

Meh I dont mind the water down shards. Still fairly useful. Rember you dont lose the mob shard when you make a spawner so you can just create more if you want to up the mob output.

The only bit I dislike is the 16 block limit like vanilla spawners but I can live with it.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch! I take it you're not a fan of the watered-down new shards? :p
Not exactly.
With the inclusion of dungeon mods, spawners are everywhere.
It just breaks Soul Shards massively with it's new method of dropping a fragment/essence/whatever upon spawner break.

That and really there's not much point in having a mob farm when you don't exactly have automation mods like buildcraft or project red. The closest thing we have to that are the transfer nodes from Extra Utils. It's just a hassle.

I'm going to be adding a few more mods soon though, such as Hopper Ducts, Archamedies Ships and Leather Armor++

EDIT: OH and OpenBlocks

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Not exactly.
With the inclusion of dungeon mods, spawners are everywhere.
It just breaks Soul Shards massively with it's new method of dropping a fragment/essence/whatever upon spawner break.

That and really there's not much point in having a mob farm when you don't exactly have automation mods like buildcraft or project red. The closest thing we have to that are the transfer nodes from Extra Utils. It's just a hassle.

I'm going to be adding a few more mods soon though, such as Hopper Ducts, Archamedies Ships and Leather Armor++

EDIT: OH and OpenBlocks

I'm running a Soul Shard mob farm on the server I play on and Transfer Nodes have been doing a pretty excellent job of sorting it all out. We have the mobs getting dropped into a pit where some water shoves them against spikes, and then the drops get sucked up by the Hopper-Floor. The Hopper chain then sends them all into a chest where a Transfer node distributes them to the various barrels and chests. :)

My main gripe against the mod is the requirement that a player is standing right next to it. My friend's been leaving his character AFK next to the spawner for hours at a time as a human chunkloader due to that stupid requirement.

Also, OpenBlocks is out? :eek:

Reactions: Saice

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Spawner up in the air. Water floor that pushes everything into spikes. Vaccum Hopper from Openblocks. If you have LPXP the add a crystalizer. Use transport pipes to shuffle everythign around. Dont forget the XP Bottler.

Yeah you can make some fairly decent spawner automation with just a few mods.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Haighyorkie

Jul 29, 2019
:p I would love to come along on a livestream, no need to ask :) You let me know when you are looking to do one and i'll be there!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
you guys should really try out the attractors from Thaumic Tinkerer. I'm using the mob attractors alongside cursed earth from Extra Utilties. they'll push mobs into the center, where there's a 3x3 hole that goes down. at the bottom there's a 3x3 space with spikes from Extra Utilties. another item attractor then pulls the items from there and pulls them into a hungry chest, with a transfer node ontop which takes the items into barrels and advanced filing cabinets. the filing cabinets are for the unstackable items and the barrels are for the rest of the items. though in the nether I had to change this setup to make the attractors pull the mobs instead of pushing them, because of the flying blazes and bats. though it works wonders for automating the wither skeleton heads for a magic centered modpack ;)

Haighyorkie

Jul 29, 2019
lol, if you have a great creative mind (which mine likes to limit itself) then you can come up with some really awesome ways to rain death upon minecraft mobs!