[1.6.4] TPPI (Test Pack Please Ignore) - Reddit Pack - Public Beta

wha-ha-ha

Jul 29, 2019
Test Pack Please Ignore - The Official Modpack of http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast

(artwork courtesy of BigBadChris)

Hello friends! Welcome to the TPPI FTB forum thread.
We're very excited to be bringing this modpack to you all.

Intro:

TPPI is a public third-party modpack on the FTB Launcher. As of right now, the pack is in an open beta period and is accessible through a private pack code. Upon its "full release", it will be 100% public on the main launcher. Remeber that this is a beta, and that there will likely be at least a couple of issues. Report bugs through the relevant channels as outlined below.

Private Pack Code: MegaSharkPunch

About:

This mod pack is designed and configured with a slightly more balanced feel to it. This, along with our extensive modlist, allows for more long-term worlds. We’ve brought to you a collection of the very best 1.6.4 mods, including our own utility mod, which you’ll find out about as soon as you begin. We've been heavily inspired by FTB Ultimate, and ship a (highly configured, non-instrusive, and "classic" feeling) GregTech.

Remember: this is a BETA and should be treated as such. Report all bugs in the appropriate places.

Brought to you by the magic of collective process and involvement from the reddit community!

Here is our current full mod list.

Development + How you can get involved:

Work on TPPI is done out in the open, with the dev team working together with the community to make the pack as good as possible.

We have our own subreddit for modpack news and discussion at http://www.reddit.com/r/testpackpleaseignore. Note however that this is NOT the place for bug reports.

Our github (https://github.com/TPPI-Dev/), contains repositories for our configs and our custom mod. If you want to contribute to the pack's development or in-game mod documentation project, contribute here. Bug reports should be posted as issues on the TestPackPleaseIgnore repository.

Lastly, you can talk with other modpack users and the dev team via IRC in #TestPackPleaseIgnore on irc.esper.net, and quick news and updates will be posted on twitter at @TPPIModPack.

The rest is all there in the manual. Thank you.

Last edited:

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
The pack is amazing, I was just recently wishing there was a pack like this that was very similar to ultimate, ultimate was my favorite FTB pack and monster just isn't enough like it but this pack is what I'll be playing for a while at least

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
It is good to see the community making their own pack. You will still get the people saying you should have added this mod and that mod but you can't please everyone.

jmike010

Jul 29, 2019
is anyone having trouble with the MegaSharkPunch code?

never mind me just being a giant derp and not seeing the pack:p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
meganoobquestion: Descript says gregtech is highly configured. Is it still highly configurable via configs? I'm prolly gonna wanna jack up the difficulty a bit.

AL13N4T3D

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a weird bug that I think is vanilla clashing with a mod pack. Every time I try to find The End portal, it doesn't exist. Is anyone else getting this bug? I looked in the files and it says its there, just the stronghold doesn't show up and in turn, no end portal, I mined out a whole chunk to see if it was somewhere in the area, came up with nil.

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is amazing, i was stuck playing ultimate till i found this. Keep up the good work, I cant wait till its public.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
May i ask why there is no Rotary craft in here, I mean it is a amasing mod
yeah why IS there no rotary craft? it is one of the newest, most interesting tech mods out there, and if added i will play this pack AND ONLY this pack for ever! also reactor craft, addon to rotary craft, would be neat too. also pneumatic craft is pretty awesome aswell

wha-ha-ha

Jul 29, 2019
The general team consensus on RotaryCraft is that it's a really big and unique mod, to the point that it's better suited in packs that are more directly focused on it (i.e. too big for our already big pack). That said, it's definitely lovely, and shoutouts to Reika for making it awesome and such. The team just kind of feels it doesn't really fit in with the overall pack feels.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
The general team consensus on RotaryCraft is that it's a really big and unique mod, to the point that it's better suited in packs that are more directly focused on it (i.e. too big for our already big pack). That said, it's definitely lovely, and shoutouts to Reika for making it awesome and such. The team just kind of feels it doesn't really fit in with the overall pack feels.

man, thats a shame. i really wanted a pack with rotary craft, mekanism, and gregtech all together but it seems that may be a tiny bit too much. at the very least, can you put in item configs or maybe make it optional? also, theres still pneumatic craft you should see. really awesome,

wha-ha-ha

Jul 29, 2019
This pack uses the FTB Universal Configs, so you should be able to add any mods covered by said configs without an ID issues.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
hey do you know how to enable gregtech hard mode? i litteraly tried, everything, from looking in the configs to seeing of something else overwrites it. can you please help?
thanks in advance