[1.6.4] Stirecraft {Quests} {Tech/Magic}

Raspen0

Jul 29, 2019
w3QTsqF.jpg

Warning:
Minecraft Name Changing is not supported in the current version of Stirecraft.
If you change your name you will lose some stuff.

Stirecraft is a pack with a lot of diffrent mods, both Technic and Magic,
Stirecraft also has Quests, these are optinal

There are General Quests, those teach you handy things you might not know.
and there are Exploration quests, those challenge you to go to specific biomes and gather stuff from them.
(There are dimension quests planned)

Pack Code: FTB-StireCraft
Current Version: 2.9.10

Java 7 64 bit is recommended to run this pack.
You also need at least 2GB RAM allocated to Stirecraft to run it

Changelog
The changelog folder only has changed from 2.8.0 until now, but i may post changelogs of the previous versions on there as well

ModList
The reason the modpack started on 2.9.0 is because it was a Private Pack for me and a couple of friends until recently, my friends stopped actively playing Minecraft but i still loved playing and maintaining a modpack so i thought, Why not release it to the public.
(The modlist on the FTB launcher is currently oudated, should be updated this week)

Version Explanation:
1.X.X = Minecraft 1.5
2.X.X (Current) = Minecraft 1.6.4
3.X.X (Currently Working On) = Minecraft 1.7.10

When Stirecraft 3 (1.7) is out, I'll release a patch that'll convert Stirecraft 2 (1.6) worlds to Stirecraft 3 (1.7) so you can keep playing on your worlds :D

Let's Play's:
StealthyShark

1. Launch the Feed The Beast Launcher
2. Press the Pack Codes button in the top right
3. Type in the code FTB-StireCraft and press Add
4. Press the 3rd Party Packs tab in the top
5. Scroll down until you see Stirecraft
6. Press the Launch button in the bottom right

If you want to download the Stirecraft Server files, then press the Download Server Button while you have the Stirecraft Modpack Selected
If you find any bugs or crashes, please tell them in the comments.

- Placing Mekanism machines on Energy Conduits kicks you from the world ands duplicates the placed machine. Can be bypassed by placing the Mekanism machine first and placing the Energy Conduit afterwards

If someone has Quest suggestions please send me them via PM. I currently need more Exploration quests, the plan is that there will be a quest for every biome, you don't have to do biomes that don't contain special blocks, (For example you don't have to create a quest for every forest biome)
You can send quest ideas to me via PM, just type it like
- Quest Name
- Biome
- Description
- Required Items to complete
- Quest Rewards

The quests goal has to be to collect something from that biome (Ash Stone for Vulcano Biome, Crag Rock for Craggy Valley),
And if for example the biome is largely made out of blocks you can find in other biomes, (Deserts are made of Sand), then let players collect a large amount of sand (128 for example)
Also the quest rewards has to be something that has to do with the biome , for example the Snow Biome quest gives you 1 Snowbell Seed and the choice between 32 Large Snow Bricks, 10 Unmelting Ice and 5 Ice Cream.
Don't give players blocks and items that will affect gameplay, such as diamonds, you can give them decorative things or things that are easy to find.

If you know a mod that should be added, suggest it in the comments with the modname and why it should be added

If you are going to make a youtube video on this modpack or going to host a server of it.
Please send me a PM or tell it in the comments.
This is not to ask permission, but i would like to watch videos and play on servers :D

mca.png
mca.png

Last edited:

Raspen0

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'll do a little bit of testing with the mod and I'm going to try to get a new pack update out by friday - saturday depending on the 3rd part FTB team :D

Raspen0

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, i don't have the money to host a modded server at the moment but maybe in the future :D

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah same here but I have some cool ideas for some custom quests and doing some sort of a race to the finish of the quests.

Reactions: Raspen0

Raspen0

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got ideas for quests that would work good in this modpack, i can always use them :D, you can tell them here in the comments or send me a PM with your quest ideas

Reactions: Bearnado123

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't see it so I'd say add Extra TiC, it pretty much just adds support for metallurgy metals to Tinker's Construct. I also prefer tic tweaks myself for the repairing and upgrading at the very least, you could even disable the levelling system completely.

It will be interesting to see the effects of unifying this many mods with mod/minetweaker, of course quests are also interesting depending how you do them. It could include intros to the different mods and your changes to them in the name of exploration of mods as well as the world, this would grow more useful as the amount of changes you do grows but it would still be pretty interesting.

Raspen0

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't see it so I'd say add Extra TiC, it pretty much just adds support for metallurgy metals to Tinker's Construct. I also prefer tic tweaks myself for the repairing and upgrading at the very least, you could even disable the levelling system completely.

It will be interesting to see the effects of unifying this many mods with mod/minetweaker, of course quests are also interesting depending how you do them. It could include intros to the different mods and your changes to them in the name of exploration of mods as well as the world, this would grow more useful as the amount of changes you do grows but it would still be pretty interesting.

Extra TiC was included in the pack before, but was removed because a friend of mine was having crash issues with it.

But he doesn't actively play Minecraft anymore and the pack is now public so i'll add it for next version :D
And i'll take a look at TiC Tweaks but it may not be added for the next couple of versions because i want to finish a lot of quests first :)

I was already planning to add MineTweaker , i've used it to fix the issue of not being able to chisel Project Red marble,
I'm planning on also doing quest lines for the diffrent mods, but i want to make a good bit of the Exploration quests first because otherwise you would only have incomplete quest lines,
If you or anyone has ideas for MineTweaker changes or New Quests, then tell them here in the comments or send me a PM,
I'm always interested in new things to add to the pack :D,

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Nifty potential things you could add include in massively enhancing multiblock support to include things like chisel for example that aren't included by default, it's just adding the ids to the config so it's fairly simple just takes a little while.

As far as exploration quests go you could look towards crafting paradise a little for inspiration in it's biome collection quests, maybe have unique dungeon drops that are required for quests to force some exploration? It could be nifty if reward bags could be found as dungeon loot. As for quest ideas what kind of thing do you want? Ones to help encourage exploring the world presumably? Because having stuff other than just collect items/kill mobs unique to the biomes could be kinda tricky. A set themed around mystcraft and another around galacticraft could be kinda cool and fit with the exploration themes, they'd probably be better once you start bringing the mod themed ones though.

I've also discovered that the paxels seem to be screwy, the osmium paxel is letting me mine cobalt and obsidian which are well beyond the tier of normal osmium tools.

Raspen0

Jul 29, 2019
Nifty potential things you could add include in massively enhancing multiblock support to include things like chisel for example that aren't included by default, it's just adding the ids to the config so it's fairly simple just takes a little while.

As far as exploration quests go you could look towards crafting paradise a little for inspiration in it's biome collection quests, maybe have unique dungeon drops that are required for quests to force some exploration? It could be nifty if reward bags could be found as dungeon loot. As for quest ideas what kind of thing do you want? Ones to help encourage exploring the world presumably? Because having stuff other than just collect items/kill mobs unique to the biomes could be kinda tricky. A set themed around mystcraft and another around galacticraft could be kinda cool and fit with the exploration themes, they'd probably be better once you start bringing the mod themed ones though.

I've also discovered that the paxels seem to be screwy, the osmium paxel is letting me mine cobalt and obsidian which are well beyond the tier of normal osmium tools.

I don't understand the first line about multiblocks, how would i be able to add one?

Dimension Quests are planned, these will require you to go to the Moon, Twilight Forest, Nether, The End, etc
I want to finish the overworld quests first.

I wanted to add Reward Bags but i don't know what i would put in them, if you've got any ideas please tell me :D

I just tested the Paxels and they indeed seem to be bugged, the config values are diffrent from what the items do in-game.
I'm just going to disable the paxel crafting recipes until the bug is fixed, but it will probally be fixed in the 1.7 update

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
To add multiblocks you just add the ideas to microblocks.cfg, they're the ones you cut with the handsaw things.

For the disabling the paxel that sounds good, for an integration idea what about disabling all normal tools and limiting to just Tinkers Construct tools? You'd need to adjust all the recipes that use tools to using the tool heads likely along with possibly increasing their cost to be inline with vanilla tools but it could be pretty nifty and would be a decent start for integrating all the mods together.

Raspen0

Jul 29, 2019
To add multiblocks you just add the ideas to microblocks.cfg, they're the ones you cut with the handsaw things.

For the disabling the paxel that sounds good, for an integration idea what about disabling all normal tools and limiting to just Tinkers Construct tools? You'd need to adjust all the recipes that use tools to using the tool heads likely along with possibly increasing their cost to be inline with vanilla tools but it could be pretty nifty and would be a decent start for integrating all the mods together.

These are called multiparts or microblocks. Multiblocks are machines that you have to build from multiple blocks like the smeltery.
I don't know if i want to make the chisel blocks multiparts because that will add a LOT of blocks and i'm afraid that will cause a spike in RAM requirements
That's also one of the reasons I've not added Carpenters Blocks, its because i'm afraid of it causing FPS drops.

I'm going to look into the Tool idea but that may be a thing for the 1.7 update because that would require a lot of work redoing all the recipes and balancing them and the tools.

Also i uploaded a new version of Stirecraft to FTB and it should go up in the coming days, to see what's changed, look in the changelogs by version 2.9.1 or look in the pack post under Coming in next version.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Rebalancing the tools shouldn't be too hard if you can increase the ingot requirement for casts to vanilla levels instead of the one ingot per part it is by default, modtweaker seems to support that. The only cost decrease then would be the sticks which is pretty irrelevant. Then it would just be entering all the revised recipes which would take a bit admittedly.

For adding more microblocks maybe using the gtfo microblocks mod will decrease ram a bit? It could be useful either way for removing the 40+ pages of microblocks in nei.

Also if you wanted I could help with the busywork of things like the changing of all recipes to use tinkers construct tools or boosting the costs or anything else pretty much.

Reactions: Raspen0

Raspen0

Jul 29, 2019
Rebalancing the tools shouldn't be too hard if you can increase the ingot requirement for casts to vanilla levels instead of the one ingot per part it is by default, modtweaker seems to support that. The only cost decrease then would be the sticks which is pretty irrelevant. Then it would just be entering all the revised recipes which would take a bit admittedly.

For adding more microblocks maybe using the gtfo microblocks mod will decrease ram a bit? It could be useful either way for removing the 40+ pages of microblocks in nei.

Also if you wanted I could help with the busywork of things like the changing of all recipes to use tinkers construct tools or boosting the costs or anything else pretty much.

I'm probably going to make a poll to see if people like the vanilla tools disabled, i'm planning on having both the disabled vanilla tools configs and the vanilla tools enabled configs in a directory do you can easily switch if you don't like it, the outcome of the poll will only which will be the default configuration. I'll probably change the recipes using tools to TConstruct tools when i update the pack to 1.7 so i can hear more feedback about the change.

The gtfo microblocks mod will only remove the microblocks from NEI, they will not be removed from the game so it wouldn't decrease RAM, and i like microblocks being in NEI, so you can see which blocks have microblock versions.

If you want you can help me by creating more Exploration quests, the plan is that there will be a quest for every biome, you don't have to do biomes that don't contain special blocks, (For example you don't have to create a quest for every forest biome)
You can send quest ideas to me via PM, just type it like
- Quest Name
- Biome
- Description
- Required Items to complete
- Quest Rewards

The quests goal has to be to collect something from that biome (Ash Stone for Vulcano Biome, Crag Rock for Craggy Valley),
And if for example the biome is largely made out of blocks you can find in other biomes, (Deserts are made of Sand), then let players collect a large amount of sand (128 for example)
Also the quest rewards has to be something that has to do with the biome , for example the Snow Biome quest gives you 1 Snowbell Seed and the choice between 32 Large Snow Bricks, 10 Unmelting Ice and 5 Ice Cream.
Don't give players blocks and items that will affect gameplay, such as diamonds, you can give them decorative things or things that are easy to find.

Look at the existing quests for examples, i recommend to wait until version 2.9.1 is out because that version has a couple of quests added, 2.9.1 should be up on the launcher tomorrow,

You can also help by creating minetweaker 2 recipe changes that lets mods cooperate better.

All those quest making instructions are not just for you but for anyone that wants to help the pack grow, i'll put it on the main post under a spoiler tag.