[1.6.4] Running Red v1.1.4 [Jam-Packed][Hardcore][Magic][RPG][Good as Crash Landing!]

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Passive mobs spawn have a lower cap. Since you already have 6 there, their chance to spawn is lower. Move your animals far away from the green island or kill them to have new spawns.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk
As long as it didn't get changed in one of the previous updates, the limit is 11 animals, so the 6 I already have should be fine. Or does it lower the chance the more you have?
How far would I have to move them? At the moment there are 20-30 blocks between the farm and the grassy island.

Dialupman

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished with Running Red. Awesome job! I look forward to Running Red 2 (3... 4?).

FWI I found a way to transport items from the dream world to the "real world". You can craft an ender pouch! Trees from thaumcraft and natura allow wood and stick generation without blood. Cinderpearls (thaumcraft) provide the blaze powder and both ender-lilly seeds(extra utilities) and ender powder(portal gun) spawn in dungeon chests. It's easy to do with some exploration, but it can be involved if all you can find is ender-lily seeds since you have to leave and re-enter the dream world no less that 3 times due to their unique growth mechanics.

Last edited:

GinkerFilbin

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm struggling to get my mob farm working. I'm using a fairly simple design I've seen on several websites/videos, and I've used it in Agrarian Skies.
I built a wood plank pillar with a 1x1 hole in it, about 20 blocks high,
from there, I added a channel going out for the blood to run in and carry mobs to the hole.
Then, 2 blocks above the channel, I built an 8x8 platform of first wood planks, then dirt, and currently cobble for the mobs to spawn on.
added a roof and walls, interior is 3 blocks high. once it's closed off, the platform is solid red X's, but nothing ever spawns.

Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance.

joão rego

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished the curently available pack and i must say i loved it!
despite that i'll leave some feedback.
- first of all, i just have to say i loved the progression but i feel some mods u just sligly touch them for one or two quests and i think its either unecessary to run pass them (exemple: forestry) or u should develop them a bit more so it feels like theres some more progression. maybe even as a side (optional) questline.
- The nether should be more explored, u just have to go there collect a few supplies and your done. And since the mod is all about the limbo u should explore that concept with more stuff in the nether as a dead part of it and more stuff with witchery in the spirit world as the living part of it.
- i feel the tech questline is a bit less interesting then the witchery questline (wich i did in creative on an alternative save for reasons that have to do with the next point).
- this is what bothered me the most: as i did the the tech quest line i didnt touch witchery whatsoever. Despite that, theres a quest in the last quest line where u need some witchery stuff, that bothered me a lot since u had to do most the witchery tech tree wich sould be avoidable by giving the requirements for that in some other quest of the tech questline. This felt like i chose the wrong quest line as i eventualy had to do both (even witout the quests) to progress.
U could just revert the player back into the other questline, and vice versa, so that if ur gonna have to explore both sides of the modpack u might aswell do it as a quest line since thats the point of this hqm modpacks.
- u should also include an AE aproach since theres a lot of neat things u could problly do but are totaly anavoidable with the current quest progression.

That said i loved how "small" the modpack is compared to AG Skies where u have to grind a lot.
It was fun to play and only by the end i felt a bit saturated from some of the quests, wich wouldnt happend if i didnt take 4 days of doing nothing else because of how adictive this was to play ;)

hope my english wasnt too bad and best regards from departa

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Just finished the curently available pack and i must say i loved it!
despite that i'll leave some feedback.
- first of all, i just have to say i loved the progression but i feel some mods u just sligly touch them for one or two quests and i think its either unecessary to run pass them (exemple: forestry) or u should develop them a bit more so it feels like theres some more progression. maybe even as a side (optional) questline.
- The nether should be more explored, u just have to go there collect a few supplies and your done. And since the mod is all about the limbo u should explore that concept with more stuff in the nether as a dead part of it and more stuff with witchery in the spirit world as the living part of it.
- i feel the tech questline is a bit less interesting then the witchery questline (wich i did in creative on an alternative save for reasons that have to do with the next point).
- this is what bothered me the most: as i did the the tech quest line i didnt touch witchery whatsoever. Despite that, theres a quest in the last quest line where u need some witchery stuff, that bothered me a lot since u had to do most the witchery tech tree wich sould be avoidable by giving the requirements for that in some other quest of the tech questline. This felt like i chose the wrong quest line as i eventualy had to do both (even witout the quests) to progress.
U could just revert the player back into the other questline, and vice versa, so that if ur gonna have to explore both sides of the modpack u might aswell do it as a quest line since thats the point of this hqm modpacks.
- u should also include an AE aproach since theres a lot of neat things u could problly do but are totaly anavoidable with the current quest progression.

That said i loved how "small" the modpack is compared to AG Skies where u have to grind a lot.
It was fun to play and only by the end i felt a bit saturated from some of the quests, wich wouldnt happend if i didnt take 4 days of doing nothing else because of how adictive this was to play ;)

hope my english wasnt too bad and best regards from departa
The Witchery stuff in the last questline shouldn't require any previous experience with Witchery. There should be some alternate recipes, and I just probably forgot to remove the ones I needed.

And I agree about the tech questline. I'm trying to figure out a way to flesh it out a little more.

marcmagus

Jul 29, 2019

There's an alternate recipe for the dreamweaver of nightmares. It's quite inexpensive. I'm *very* aware of this, because I only discovered it when I double-checked the recipe in NEI after gathering my 3 tormented twine (I'd done the Witchery questline, so I was most of the way there, but running around the spirit world with nightmares was...interesting), and as we know the rowan key is a quest reward. I think those were the only witchery items needed outside the witchery questline?

Yeokrast

Jul 29, 2019
Just decided to try to get into Thaumcraft, and started by creating an iron-capped wand. Later decided it was going to be WAY too much work trying to spawn & trade with villagers, so I threw it away.
2 days later, I was searching through the quest book and found that I started a quest in Drowning Lessons... So excited!

Last edited:
Reactions: buggirlexpres

totallyafk

Jul 29, 2019
So i downloaded this off the launcher, but once i get to the "Mojang" logo screen the game crashes. I have no crash report, as I cant find one. It just closes the game and the console, suddenly, with no warning at all (No red text even appears in the console).

What do I do?

Yeokrast

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a list of items that you need to create for the Drowning Lessons quests? You can post in a Spoilers so as to not ruin it for anyone else, but I've crafted quite a few things and only have 2 of the quests unlocked.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Running red has a server or not?
Yes. When you have it selected on the launcher, hit the "download server" button
So i downloaded this off the launcher, but once i get to the "Mojang" logo screen the game crashes. I have no crash report, as I cant find one. It just closes the game and the console, suddenly, with no warning at all (No red text even appears in the console).

What do I do?
Are there any logs? They would be in RunningRed/minecraft/logs
Does anyone have a list of items that you need to create for the Drowning Lessons quests? You can post in a Spoilers so as to not ruin it for anyone else, but I've crafted quite a few things and only have 2 of the quests unlocked.
Bury Me in Black:
  • Black Wool
  • Black Carpet
  • Stained Glass (Black)
  • Stained Glass Pane (Black)
Running White:
  • Milk Bottle
Kill Them With Flowers:
  • Rose Red
  • Dandelion Yellow
Mechanized:
  • Basic Energy Cube
Azamaniac:
  • Iron Capped Wooden Wand
We're Not Working Out:
  • Die 100 Times

Yeokrast

Jul 29, 2019
Fantastic! Thanks Gideon. Strangely enough, I crafted 2 of the items for the side quests and didn't unlock them. Maybe it was the method I used to craft them.. ?

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
Is Spool of Wire from Tinkers Mech a later quest reward? why isn't it craftable? trying to hide redstone, you've got like zero options

Yeokrast

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know. It might depend on the item

I've crafted the item for Mechanized before and it didn't unlock. I tried again after you posted in the "spoilers", but it's still not showing up.

I've tried all tiers of the Basic Energy Cube, even tried the Basic Energy full. I'm currently trying to fill the Ultimate Energy Cube. Just making sure that the fill/Meta Data doesn't have something to do with it